12/19/13 Mock With Fa

xskyx

Also posted in tatf.. Sorry.

Free agency:

Resign (for the right price)

Corey peters - he is servicable. Not amazing, but decent.

Mike johnson-- let's try him for a healthy year

Hawley -- the cupboard is bare at center

Gaither-- depth

Drew davis-- good depth at wr

Release:

Trueblood

Cone

Sean locklear

Asante. 1.5m dead money vs 5.7m cap. Old, stays injured.

Adam nissley - what does he even do? Not worth vet min.

Decoud (only if we have a viable option at safety without using a good pick) 1.8m dead vs 4.8m cap

Tony g: you decided it's retirement time. If for some crazy reason you decided to come back for a hmetown discount, let us know.

Babineaux - you've been great, but you just might want more than we are willing to pay. If you can be had for cheap, then welcome back,

Peria jerry: bye

Sign free agents:

Jairus byrd - safety.. Maybe a decoud replacement. Should make our secondary complete. RIP Brees.

As for backup qb.. If we can somehow snag these gays at 1m or less.. Chad henne or josh mccown. Prefer henne myself,

Richie incognito. The guy may be slightly racist (idk, they all back him up saying its just joking, etc, we may never know) but the guy ain't bad. Hope he isn't a locker room cancer and he learned his lesson from this year.

De la puente. Center. Yeh, he was/is a saint. Big deal. It is a business. Get over it. Plus, he knows howmthey play. Advantage: atlanta.

Salfold rt-- some of you are high on him. Will provide a servicable mentor and solid starter.

2014 draft:

The atlanta falcons trade the 4th overall pick to the cleveland browns for their #24 pick (previously acquired from the colts) , 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, and maaaaaaybe some extras later on.

Round one:

Ra'Shede Hageman-- DT - Minesota.

Compared by some anAlysts as a raw jj watt type player. Lng arm span with large size and power. Can line up at nt and dt.

Round 2 pick 1:

David yankey- og

Two time all american. Good run blocker. Can play LT if needed.

OR IF NOT AVAILABLE

Cyril Rchardson -- baylor OG

BIG mofo. Can play lg and lt

Round 2 pick 2:

Antonio rochardson--lt-- TN

Another big guy. Can play lt or lg

Round 3 pick 1:

Da'quan jones: DT-- penn state

Good rotational big body up front. Should be Good run stopper

Round 3 pick 2:

Andre Williams RB boston college

Heisman hopeful. Fell due to possible inhury concerns. 329 attempts, 2102 yards, 6.4 yards average.

Round 4: Jeremiah Attaochun - olb -georgia tech

Homers rejoice! 12 sacks, "fiery with violent temperament"

Rounds 5-7 bpa obviously. Depth.

Edit: removed hardy

Edited by xskyx, Today, 01:14 AM.

Edited by xskyx

Yes, i thought we had roughly 27m in cap space?

We could have north of 30, after cuts, but you didn't do nearly enough cuts to reach that. Besides, even with 30, that's still probably not enough for all the FAs, that you've listed.

Edited by hjerry

We could have north of 30, after cuts, but you didn't do nearly enough cuts to reach that. Besides, even with 30, that's still probably not enough for all the FAs, that you've listed.

If you wouldn't mind, please add your assessment of estimated value at each cut/signing so i can adjust. I thought i took into account what i thought would be expected yearly salary

If you wouldn't mind, please add your assessment of estimated value at each cut/signing so i can adjust. I thought i took into account what i thought would be expected yearly salary

After your cuts, we'd be at around 25mil, or just short of it, depending on where the cap is. Then you just need to look at where the standard salary for certain players are, as well as factoring in how highly they rank at their position. Spotrac is good for this. Byrd, for example will probably sign a contract that averages 8mil or more a season. You also need to leave room open for draft picks, injury signings, and probably Julio's extension. Basically, you want to aim to have around 10mil free, heading into the draft, as our 1st round pick alone will probably cost us about 3-4mil in their rookie season.

After your cuts, we'd be at around 25mil, or just short of it, depending on where the cap is. Then you just need to look at where the standard salary for certain players are, as well as factoring in how highly they rank at their position. Spotrac is good for this. Byrd, for example will probably sign a contract that averages 8mil or more a season. You also need to leave room open for draft picks, injury signings, and probably Julio's extension. Basically, you want to aim to have around 10mil free, heading into the draft, as our 1st round pick alone will probably cost us about 3-4mil in their rookie season.

From what I understand, you don't need 10 mil for the draft, you usually need half of that. Unless you were saying to use the other half as savings or something.

From what I understand, you don't need 10 mil for the draft, you usually need half of that. Unless you were saying to use the other half as savings or something.

It's for a combination of the draft, injuries, and probably extending Julio, as I said. It also depends on where you're drafting. If we end up picking top 4, then our 1st round pick, and so on, will count a lot more towards the cap, then the same did last year.

Hagerman will be next year's Sheldon Richardson, that is who he is more comparable to not Watts. I think TD needs to throw his filler out the window on some guys, this is part of the reason we are so soft now! Yep Hagerman will hit you back (sometimes that's a good thing) but sometimes you have to do your homework before you call a person a bad person. Hagerman has one of those Hollywood stories like M. Other he was homeless and in Care Homes as a youth, as a middle school kid adopted by a young upper class family. God has a way of turning lemons into lemonade. The guy is a stud! I read last night on one of the sites by draft date he may move into the Top 10. He is just that good. He can play inside or outside. I hope we can move back and get him and add some additional picks.