2014.. My Hopes.

xskyx

Free agency:

Resign (for the right price)

Corey peters - he is servicable. Not amazing, but decent.

Mike johnson-- let's try him for a healthy year

Hawley -- the cupboard is bare at center

Gaither-- depth

Drew davis-- good depth at wr

Release:

Trueblood

Cone

Sean locklear

Asante. 1.5m dead money vs 5.7m cap. Old, stays injured.

Adam nissley - what does he even do? Not worth vet min.

Decoud (only if we have a viable option at safety without using a good pick) 1.8m dead vs 4.8m cap

Tony g: you decided it's retirement time. If for some crazy reason you decided to come back for a hmetown discount, let us know.

Babineaux - you've been great, but you just might want more than we are willing to pay. If you can be had for cheap, then welcome back,

Peria jerry: bye

Sign free agents:

Jairus byrd - safety.. Maybe a decoud replacement. Should make our secondary complete. RIP Brees.

As for backup qb.. If we can somehow snag these guys at 1m or less.. Chad henne or josh mccown. Prefer henne myself,

Richie incognito. The guy may be slightly racist (idk, they all back him up saying its just joking, etc, we may never know) but the guy ain't bad. Hope he isn't a locker room cancer and he learned his lesson from this year.

De la puente. Center. Yeh, he was/is a saint. Big deal. It is a business. Get over it. Plus, he knows howmthey play. Advantage: atlanta.

Salfold rt-- some of you are high on him. Will provide a servicable mentor and solid starter.

2014 draft:

The atlanta falcons trade the 4th overall pick to the cleveland browns for their #24 pick (previously acquired from the colts) , 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, and maaaaaaybe some extras later on.

Round one:

Ra'Shede Hageman-- DT - Minesota.

Compared by some anAlysts as a raw jj watt type player. Lng arm span with large size and power. Can line up at nt and dt.

Round 2 pick 1:

David yankey- og

Two time all american. Good run blocker. Can play LT if needed.

OR IF NOT AVAILABLE

Cyril Rchardson -- baylor OG

BIG mofo. Can play lg and lt

Round 2 pick 2:

Antonio rochardson--lt-- TN

Another big guy. Can play lt or lg

Round 3 pick 1:

Da'quan jones: DT-- penn state

Good rotational big body up front. Should be Good run stopper

Round 3 pick 2:

Andre Williams RB boston college

Heisman hopeful. Fell due to possible inhury concerns. 329 attempts, 2102 yards, 6.4 yards average.

Round 4: Jeremiah Attaochun - olb -georgia tech

Homers rejoice! 12 sacks, "fiery with violent temperament"

Rounds 5-7 bpa obviously. Depth.

Edit: removed hardy -- cap space

Edited by xskyx

Dela Puente why? Idc where he's from, but what's so special about him? I don't like the idea of trading down for Hageman. And **** no to Incognito.

There is nothing special about him. There is also nothing special about any other center in free agency, or on the falcons roster.

hardy hates us, our front office would hate incognito, trading down is stupid.

1) i doubt he hates us. It's a rivalry. I doubt he hates us.

2) the front office needs to suck it up and lay off of drafting choir boys because it hasn't worked thus far.

3) why is trading down stupid? We don't take the overhyped de who takes plays off "because he is bored"? Instead we take another position of need who is near the top of his position? Brilliant assessment. Thanks for the amount of thought put into it,

1) i doubt he hates us. It's a rivalry. I doubt he hates us.

2) the front office needs to suck it up and lay off of drafting choir boys because it hasn't worked thus far.

3) why is trading down stupid? We don't take the overhyped de who takes plays off "because he is bored"? Instead we take another position of need who is near the top of his position? Brilliant assessment. Thanks for the amount of thought put into it,

1)i dont know, him and matt bryant have some beef (yes, i meant matt bryant)

2) i agree to an extent, but incognito isnt really all that great anyway. there are plenty of other guards we can find that arent going to bring a circus.

3) I apologize. i put that a little to bluntly. i think it is a good idea, but with the track record we have in the later part of the first round (Konz, Jerry, Spoon, Baker) and the middle rounds (I think Moore, Alford, and JacQuizz are the only decent players we have drafted) I would rather have TD make one pick is hard to screw up (top 5) than a bunch of picks that are easy to screw up.

i should have explained myself more, but anyway, that is my reasoning

1)i dont know, him and matt bryant have some beef (yes, i meant matt bryant)

2) i agree to an extent, but incognito isnt really all that great anyway. there are plenty of other guards we can find that arent going to bring a circus.

3) I apologize. i put that a little to bluntly. i think it is a good idea, but with the track record we have in the later part of the first round (Konz, Jerry, Spoon, Baker) and the middle rounds (I think Moore, Alford, and JacQuizz are the only decent players we have drafted) I would rather have TD make one pick is hard to screw up (top 5) than a bunch of picks that are easy to screw up.

i should have explained myself more, but anyway, that is my reasoning

Much better! sound reasoning. This is just a difference of opinion. I agree with the Bryant and Hardy assessment.bi rekovedbhardy due to this and salary cap issues.

I still, however, stick with my initial assessmebt of trading back to pick up a dt and additional picks.

Edited by xskyx

Good post!

I agree that Byrd is going to be a little too expensive. Plus, even with that hole there, an upgraded front 7 will make our already good secondary, better.

I don't hate the idea of trading down if Clowney isn't there and Jake Mathews isn't our guy either. Sure it's harder to mess up a top 5 pick but with the extra second and 3rd rounder you get, it's hard to mess up 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Although I think trading up that far might cost Cleveland a little more than just a 2nd, 3rd, and late rounders.

I like the O-line moves and if that happened I'd be happy with it (yes even incognito) however it's not Dimitroff's style to bring in more than 1 or 2 FA in an offseason.

Also, I really do hope we can get attouchu. He's the only reason to watch a GT game.

Either get rid of those 2 OL coach bozo's Hill & soon to be Dunn or hire 3 more OL coaches, 1 for each position for the OL...more Coaches to go> DL Hamilton,ST Armstrong & Assistant HC Robiskie (only if Smitty stays) Bring on Marty Shott as Consultant & THINK ABOUT (IT) any HC that gets fired this season to fill any Assistant positions, we need coaching depth too! Try to get Mathews!