Terron Armstead At Lt, Should Brees Be Worried?

falconidae

yeah, i like the 2 TE offense and I wish theyd go alot more hurry up also.

**** I wouldn't mind seeing more 1 WR sets

Have Graham and Watson in tight (or even side by side), Colston split out (or maybe Stills), and virtually any combo of two RBs in the backfield.

Brees can easily audible to a two WR set by splitting Graham out wide or even a three WR set if he splits out PT or Sproles. Or there are options for screens and runs

Story.

Charlie Brown is out at LT, a guy who has never taken a snap at LT in.

Yeah, I know, Saints Oline relies on a stout interior for its success.

If I was Brees, I'd be a little concerned. What does RC think?

I've been waiting on this since the season started. I think he has the potential to be better than Bushrod.

I've been waiting on this since the season started. I think he has the potential to be better than Bushrod.

Arnstead is a very raw talent with tons of athleticism and upside.

I'm pretty sure he would have been our starting LT next season.

No offense, but this isn't next year.

He may shut hardy down, but he wont do it alone! lol

You are correct, he will get a lot of help, which is actually a good thing. When the Saints used the chip blocking for the second half of the 2011 season the offense was almost unstoppable. Now, I know a lot of the personnel is different, but that scheme may prove to be effective again..........at least I hope it Could

And sometimes it ain't pretty.

Although what I'm getting is that there doesn't seem to be that much concern among the saint fans. Lots of help for the man and Brees' quick decisions will make it OK.

of course there is concern. it's just that it would be difficult for Armstead to look worse than Brown last week

And sometimes it ain't pretty.

Although what I'm getting is that there doesn't seem to be that much concern among the saint fans. Lots of help for the man and Brees' quick decisions will make it OK.

Theres a little concern but I believe he will be helped tremendously by chipping and an actual attempt at a running game.

of course there is concern. it's just that it would be difficult for Armstead to look worse than Brown last week

Concern is messageboard for panic, don't see that. Sorry for the confusion.

Gawwd, it sucks that the Saints and Panthers are playing and it doesn't matter to my team at all...

Which is a good thing he is starting now. Why wait till next year?

True. I don't see a downside. Worst case he struggles so badly they put Brown back in. Otherwise, he plays as well as Brown, but gets experience this year or better than Brown and upgrades the position a season early.

True. I don't see a downside. Worst case he struggles so badly they put Brown back in. Otherwise, he plays as well as Brown, but gets experience this year or better than Brown and upgrades the position a season early.

Wouldn't the worst case be he misses a block and Brees misses the postseason?