Trufant Making Strong Bid For All-Rookie Teams

atljbo

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falcons/2013/dec/18/trufant-making-strong-bid-all-rookie-teams/

Trufant making strong bid for All-Rookie teams

FLOWERY BRANCH -- Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant is attracting some attention for some rookie honors.

Trufant is listed sixth by profootballfocus.com in the running for rookie of the year award, in their weekly breakdown of rookie performances.

Trufant is listed behind New York Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson, San Diego wide receiver Keenan Allen, Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy, Detroit guard Larry Warford and Cincinnati running back Giovanni Bernard.

Here’s what Pro Football Focus had to say about Trufant:

6. Desmond Trufant, CB, Falcons: +8.6

The biggest positive from the most negative of years for the Falcons. Has upgraded the secondary and shown a knack for making plays on the ball.

Trufant intercepted his second pass of the season against Washington. He said he should have five or six interceptions.

He leads the team and has set a club rookie record with 16 pass breakups.

I like that.. Tru seem like he is started to get settled in game speed wise... He can start using those quick feet to make breaks on the ball... Earlier in the year it seem like he was playing good but playing safe to not get beat deep. He would have another int if Willie Mo didnt Willie Mo the dude on a potential int... I also think he would have had another one vs the redskins if Peters didnt deflect the ball.

Turning out to be one of our better picks in the last few drafts. It also seems to be a trend now that when TD trades up in the 1st to get a player that players turns out be be a really bright spot on our rosters.

Alot of ppl talk about TD drafts (and they have the right) ... But this draft class including the UDFA looks like a good group.. I think Levine would show us more if he had a chance (more PT) and ryan schraeder may be able to be a solid O-Lineman

Alot of ppl talk about TD drafts (and they have the right) ... But this draft class including the UDFA looks like a good group.. I think Levine would show us more if he had a chance (more PT)

I wonder does Bartu progression and skill set make Sean weatherspoon expandable at the WLB spot. I am starting to be a big fan of getting Khalil Mack if we cant get Clowney so that we have two positition filled with one player the SLB spot and a pass rusher on the outside.

I wonder does Bartu progression and skill set make Sean weatherspoon expandable at the WLB spot. I am starting to be a big fan of getting Khalil Mack if we cant get Clowney so that we have two positition filled with one player the SLB spot and a pass rusher on the outside.

Very good question Jaymadd next season is a big year for Spoon and if like you say Bartu can progress and they decide to go with Mack it could be curtains for 56.

Yea you know ive been a Khalil Mack guy fromt the draft section... As for the Spoon and Bartu subject.. As of now .... Naw... But if next year spoon gets hurt and Bartu shines... Yes... I still think Spoon is a good LB and can be a great LB with a good D-Line in front of him that will allow him to flow to the ball and blitz here and there.... But if what i said happen.. Its about Salary Cap and you having a good LB that can take over that position.. So we will see

ill use Curtis Lofton as a example... I liked Lofton but if you asked me would i take Worrilow or Lofton... ill take Worrilow if we build the D-Line... Worrilow is straight vs the run and the guy is good in coverage.. You have a guy thats cheaper that can get the job done.

So with Spoon.. no right now but we will see next year.

It's been great seeing Trufant play well and improve. I still can't believe he chased down CJ Spiller the way he did. Spiller ran past Trufant while he was almost stopped and Trufant took off after him. He was running full speed almost instantly.

I really wanted Larry Warford in the draft too and most of us knew he would do well. It would have been awesome if we could have gotten him too. Can you imagine? Oh well.

It's been great seeing Trufant play well and improve. I still can't believe he chased down CJ Spiller the way he did. Spiller ran past Trufant while he was almost stopped and Trufant took off after him. He was running full speed almost instantly.

I really wanted Larry Warford in the draft too and most of us knew he would do well. It would have been awesome if we could have gotten him too. Can you imagine? Oh well.

cj-spiller.gif

Whats crazy is he had to go a little wide because willie mo dive... He probably would have caught him a little earlier.

Yea you know ive been a Khalil Mack guy fromt the draft section... As for the Spoon and Bartu subject.. As of now .... Naw... But if next year spoon gets hurt and Bartu shines... Yes... I still think Spoon is a good LB and can be a great LB with a good D-Line in front of him that will allow him to flow to the ball and blitz here and there.... But if what i said happen.. Its about Salary Cap and you having a good LB that can take over that position.. So we will see

ill use Curtis Lofton as a example... I liked Lofton but if you asked me would i take Worrilow or Lofton... ill take Worrilow if we build the D-Line... Worrilow is straight vs the run and the guy is good in coverage.. You have a guy thats cheaper that can get the job done.

So with Spoon.. no right now but we will see next year.

If we miss out on Clowney, Mack is the guy I want. I think he would beast in Nolans 'joker' role. I like Biermann, but he's just an ordinary player, not great, not bad.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falcons/2013/dec/18/trufant-making-strong-bid-all-rookie-teams/

I like that.. Tru seem like he is started to get settled in game speed wise... He can start using those quick feet to make breaks on the ball... Earlier in the year it seem like he was playing good but playing safe to not get beat deep. He would have another int if Willie Mo didnt Willie Mo the dude on a potential int... I also think he would have had another one vs the redskins if Peters didnt deflect the ball.

that's because 5 or 6 have bounced off of his hands. he's a cornerback though, so it's forgiveable as a rookie. if he gets 6-7 interceptions next year though, I wouldn't be shocked.

Thanks for the GIF. When sped up it looks even cooler how Trufant is in turbo mode almost instantly. I didn't even notice him having to go around Willy Mo like that, but your right it made it even more difficult.

I agree too about the dropped interceptions. Trufant has had several that I can remember hit him right in the hands and he dropped it.