I've Been Trying To Hold My Peace But...

kelvin31063

Our offense still won't be as explosive as it should be next year with all of the injuries gone and new additions. Really...with our team as it is now there are at least 10 other QBs that would have still had us in the playoff hunt. The problem is Ryan...and possibly of combination of Ryan and coaching staff but BELIEVE Ryan is apart of PROBLEM and a huge part of it. I have been a Ryan supporter and criticizer but mostly a supporter. He really needs to elevate his game now. I pray the Falcons draft another QB or get McCown front he Bears. At least to put heat behind his position because honestly the Falcon has never put a decent backup behind Ryan to make him feel as though position could ever be in jeopardy.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we should have a really good backup QB,but I don't think Matt's the problem.Whe you think your Oline isn't going to you give that much time,and you don't agree with the called play(you cant audible out of everything)you tend to make bad decisions.And you cant step up in the pocket to buy a little more time,because the guards and the center are getting pushed back,you tend to force things.

We have the worst OL in the NFL. This has huge implications on our QB play. If you only have 3 seconds before you hit the ground you are without question going to take chances you normally wouldn't if you had twice the amount of time in the pocket. The OL is a point of focus this off-season. The only way the first pick isn't an OL pick is if Clowney is available and after our ill advised win against the Redskins I seriously doubt we can get there now w/o trading up.

Wrong, this guy hasn't had the best lines but he hasn't always had terrible lines like this year. But they have had issues of going ghost for the 2nd half for a long time hence all the " Matt Ryan comebacks" which isn't a good stat to have. Is it all on him, no but he isn't anything special either and definitely no deserved of that contract.

Our offense still won't be as explosive as it should be next year with all of the injuries gone and new additions. Really...with our team as it is now there are at least 10 other QBs that would have still had us in the playoff hunt. The problem is Ryan...and possibly of combination of Ryan and coaching staff but BELIEVE Ryan is apart of PROBLEM and a huge part of it. I have been a Ryan supporter and criticizer but mostly a supporter. He really needs to elevate his game now. I pray the Falcons draft another QB or get McCown front he Bears. At least to put heat behind his position because honestly the Falcon has never put a decent backup behind Ryan to make him feel as though position could ever be in jeopardy.

Okay, name the 10 other QB's.

Now tell us what your assessment of Ryan's performance is. What is he doing wrong?

Are receivers always open, and he is not getting the ball to them? Does HD and the other guys get separation?

Does Ryan come up with the game plan that calls for run plays with a very bad OL?

Does Ryan hold on to the ball too long?

What can Ryan do to make Harry Douglas and Steven Jackson catch the ball on crucial plays?

Could it be that our redzone offense is something that Koetter can't seem to get a grasp of?

Please enlighten us with your knowledge.

Edited by 4dabirds

Ryan isn't perfect but he's not the problem. There is not 1 QB that would have us in the playoffs in our current situation. What really makes you think Brady, Manning, Rodgers or any other QB could have won us 6-7 more games this season. I know Ryan makes the big bucks so he gets the blame but he isn't the problem. If you can't see that then there's nothing that can be explained to you.

Every problem with this team starts with the Oline. even the defense is adversely effected by the Oline.

Fix the Oline and the team is right back in contention.

Even though Ryan is having a bad year he is still putting up good numbers

14 374 563 66.4 3,887 6.90 22 81 14 4 63.1 88.9

Edited by MAD597

Okay, name the 10 other QB's.

Now tell us what your assessment of Ryan's performance is. What is he doing wrong?

Are receivers always open, and he is not getting the ball to them? Does HD and the other guys get separation?

Does Ryan come up with the game plan that calls for run plays with a very bad OL?

Does Ryan hold on to the ball too long?

What can Ryan do to make Harry Douglas and Steven Jackson catch the ball crucial plays?

Could it be that our redone offense is something that Koetter can't seem to get a grasp of?

Please enlighten us with your knowledge.

funny-animal-gifs-existential-thoughts-sloth.gif

I agree we should have a really good backup QB,but I don't think Matt's the problem.Whe you think your Oline isn't going to you give that much time,and you don't agree with the called play(you cant audible out of everything)you tend to make bad decisions.And you cant step up in the pocket to buy a little more time,because the guards and the center are getting pushed back,you tend to force things.

Don't forget that you need an OL that can run block so that a run game is present. Your offense cannot be based around a poor run game that leaves you in 3rd and long situations all the time. Your run game should have a presence in the redzone as well. The Falcons cannot run the ball effectively, therefore we are passing the ball to very average receivers (HD, Davis, and Tolliol) who do not have a nose for the 1st down marker. Our better receivers get blanketed, leaving less reliable options to take control.

Don't blame Ryan, blame the coaching and the people who put this team together.

We have the worst OL in the NFL. This has huge implications on our QB play. If you only have 3 seconds before you hit the ground you are without question going to take chances you normally wouldn't if you had twice the amount of time in the pocket. The OL is a point of focus this off-season.

Ryan isn't perfect but he's not the problem. There is not 1 QB that would have us in the playoffs in our current situation.

I see this excuse here over and over again.

These OL rankings just came out today:

http://www.rotoworld...lines-bad-lines

I don't see Atlanta in the bottom 5. Other teams, some in playoff contention, have poor OL's. They've learned to adjust and deal with it.

Here are some more OL rankings.

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/ol

ATL is 25th in run blocking.5th in pass blocking. Once again, there are other teams in playoff contention with worse OL's than ATL.

I just can't agree that ATL has the worst OL. Reputable stats don't support that. And even still...other teams with similar poor OLs have found a way to persevere. Why haven't the Falcons?

Edited by bt12483

OL stats are a dumb statistic with pass blocking because it will make the OL look worse for teams whose QBs hold onto the ball too long. Conversely, Ryan makes his OL look better because he is smart about throwing the ball away when the 1.2 seconds he has to pass is up.

One of the more ignored aspects of oline statistics.

I see this excuse here over and over again.

These OL rankings just came out today:

http://www.rotoworld...lines-bad-lines

I don't see Atlanta in the bottom 5. Other teams, some in playoff contention, have poor OL's. They've learned to adjust and deal with it.

Here are some more OL rankings.

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/ol

ATL is 25th in run blocking.5th in pass blocking. Once again, there are other teams in playoff contention with worse OL's than ATL.

I just can't agree that ATL has the worst OL. Reputable stats don't support that. And even still...other teams with similar poor OLs have found a way to persevere. Why haven't the Falcons?

Also hasn't had his top 2 WRs and his starting RB for most of the year and there have been too many injuries on the other side of the ball as well. Last game, Falcons had 3 rookies playing in the secondary.

Now, if Ryan had a D that would allow him to win a game with 6 FGs, Oline wouldn't be a problem.

Ryan is hardly perfect, but he's way down the list of problems for the Falcons.