Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Deisel

Holy Mos...smokes. Stephan A Smith Hits A Shot In The Right Direction. Big Trouble Here.

37 posts in this topic

Black conservatives are worthy of being social pariahs.

At least with white conservatives you can see what they get out of it, but what exactly do black conservatives want to conserve or go back to?

It's only because of progressiveness that blacks are even viewed as people.

How exactly is he being dismissed? He's on a national TV show.

From the above article.

“It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever” that black conservatives “are considered pariahs and are ostracized in our communities.”

Yes, he is on national tv, but that does not mean his opinion will be taken seriously by those it concerns. Bill Cosby, for years, has been promoting ideas outside the normal rhetoric, but has been criticized for it.

To me, it is not about doing things all the liberal or conservative way. It has always been simply about blacks being independent, breaking the chains with the democratic party, and entertaining new ideas to solve problems that so far have not found a suitable solution. That is all. Democrats have been the lead on this for fifty years, and we are still talking about nearly all the same economic problems there were then.

We are discussing blacks at the moment, but this does not exclude other races who face the same poverty problem as well. In both circumstances, whether urban blacks or mountain whites, the solutions to the poverty problems are similar. In most families, earlier generations sacrificed and worked to make their children's life better. My grandfather was dirt poor, my father a little better, and I am a little better off than my father.

In many families, each generation is better off than the one before, but somewhere, with urban blacks and mountain whites, both who are poor and heavily dependent on governement assistance, families got locked into a poverty cycle they cannot break.

Emphasizing education, personal responsibility, and having two parents who sacrifice and work so their children can be better off, are a good place to start. I do not know all the answers. I only know it is time to discuss a new direction.

Poverty in Appalachia: Third World Living Conditions in America?

Well, I've got about 20 jerseys from all 3 sports and about 7-8 pairs of kicks, my oldest friend is Black-enough, the valance in my studio is purple, I listen to hip-hop about 1/4 of the time, I played B-Ball and...I find Tyler Perry embarrassing.

You tell me, Asian?

the 20 jerseys was probably the only black enough thing. 7-8 pairs of kicks aint much. Dress, Work, Workout, Sandals, casual, is 5, so 7-8 is not ridiculous. Also don't all white people find Tyler Perry embarrassing? If you said you loved his stuff, then you would be black. 1/4th hip hop? Top 40 stations play more hip hop than that.

Seems to me you would fall into the wigger category.

Riff+Raff+RiffRaff.jpg

the 20 jerseys was probably the only black enough thing. 7-8 pairs of kicks aint much. Dress, Work, Workout, Sandals, casual, is 5, so 7-8 is not ridiculous. Also don't all white people find Tyler Perry embarrassing? If you said you loved his stuff, then you would be black. 1/4th hip hop? Top 40 stations play more hip hop than that.

Seems to me you would fall into the wigger category.

Riff+Raff+RiffRaff.jpg

White southerners from my experience LOVE Tyler Perry. Especially the religious family types.

White southerners from my experience LOVE Tyler Perry. Especially the religious family types.

I think most southern religious people like his stuff, since it always has a religious message, but when ever I have gone to see those movies, the cinema has always been filled with black people and I have not seen many black people diss him, except to question if he is straight.

I think most southern religious people like his stuff, since it always has a religious message, but when ever I have gone to see those movies, the cinema has always been filled with black people and I have not seen many black people diss him, except to question if he is straight.

I might have to take your Oromo card for admitting you have seen his garbage in theaters.laugh.png

I figured you were one of those delusional fantasizing wanna-be types.

Yeah, cause noooooooobody wears jerseys out of a sense of fashion...lol.

They're bright, vibrant and cool looking imo, which I know I don't have the right to an opinion with you and your ilk, but don't waste your time condemning me for my opinions, please, continue defending giant Papa Redneck Smurf