Clowney Makes Our Defense Elite For The Next Ten Years.

parmenion

Or option number 3.. He turns out to be overhyped, and lazy. The whole "bored in college ball" thing turns out to be bs and his work ethic follows to the NFL and he becomes the next Jamarcus Russell, and all the fans who begged for him turn on TD and demand his job for drafting another JA98.

Who knows.

Its worth a chance because the rookie scale ain't what it used to be.He could possibly be an impact player right from the start.

As much as i want that to be true, i can't bring myself to believe it.

If somehow he does turn out to be the next big thing, i'll quickly admit i was wrong and buy his jersey.

The best part of this is that during combine there will be some guy that no one's ever heard of that did relatively nothing in college that will put up eye popping numbers...

Then 1/2 the people here will be 'we have to have him' Vernon Gholston and Dontari Poe 2.0

At least Clowney is a known commodity and not a one year wonder like Jamaal Anderson was.

There is something that should be considered because it is factual.

The pitfall for a lot of high level competitors is that we tend to play

down to the level of the competition.

You will get bored and reach a point of subconcious frustration

where you just say F'k it, just get the win and go home.

The very best of competitors never cash it in mentally and will

simply dominate lessor opponents, but that also comes at a price too.

When you meet your match you will fold up a bit while you readjust

your mindset.

With that said, anybody that wants Clowney or is against us drafting him

will need to watch his play against the top rated Offensive linemen.

Crank out those results and you will have your answer.

It is a universal truth for all competitors who compete at the highest

level of play, regardless of Sport.

It is known as "The Mental Game"

Paul Worrilow is a perfect example of rising up to the level of competition.

Thomas DeCoud is the opposite.

Clowney is going to be gone when the Falcons pick so it is really a non issue, but I think the guy is going to beast. Rookies don't get as complacent as they did in the Russell and Leaf days because rookies don't get 40 million dollar guarantees anymore. The big money comes on the second contract.

Clowney is going to be gone when the Falcons pick so it is really a non issue, but I think the guy is going to beast. Rookies don't get as complacent as they did in the Russell and Leaf days because rookies don't get 40 million dollar guarantees anymore. The big money comes on the second contract.

JPP had some negatives going into his draft class.

Has anybody run the analytics on The Clown?

Competing at a high level is in itself an addiction.

Once you get that in your blood it never leaves.

Will that be the Case for The Mad Clown"?

I think Clowney will suffer from the same criticism Pep did as well.

A victim of his own talent and others expectations.

If Pep didn't get 15 sacks a year people question his effort. If he didn't nake a major play every game people question his effort. Then you have the casual football fan that doesn't know the un-seen impact a player like this has on the game. So they constantly complain about him.

This will be a issue for Clowney as it was for Peppers

Side note: I do worry about him being in Atlanta night life on a day to day basis.

The kid grew up down the street from me in Rockhill, SC (a country town). I don't have a good feeling about him in the Big City. And I'm not just talking about the ATL. I would be worried about him in NY, Cali, or Miami. Country boys get the big eyes and find trouble in bigger cities.

All I can say is that I would be extremely excited to have him on our team. It will be nice to have that superstar player on defense. Win, lose, or draw, he'll bring some much needed excitement and hype to that side of our team. Regardless, we're picking in the top ten, so there's going to be a good player infused into our team. It's nice to have some hope moving forward.