Just In - California - 49Ers

mattyicefalcon

On my way home as per local radio talk here - they will be thumping falcons (possible shut out ) on their last game in candle stick park. Fans & players are all hyped up about this game. Some of them on talk show were appalled to see we let Abraham & key Oline personnels like Mud Duck & Svitek go & how much this offense regressed after Julio's injury exit. Also, they can't understand how Mike Smith is still a coach of this team.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% of the fan base were appalled we let Abe go as well. Me included. Svitek surprised me but he was a swing OT. I wasn't bothered by that too much.

We are definitely going to get smashed on MNF though. I always give us the benefit of the doubt, but not on Monday. I'm thinking we lose by 17 pts

I think it will somehow stay close. Since the season is lost, this team will find some way to kill that draft position :P

Can't blame them, we are what we are & there record is who they are!

We? lol

I agree with your general logic. Teams get what they deserve in the NFL, you earn everything in football. But a team should not be judged by their regular season record. The Falcons did have the best record last year. What did that prove about the team? Nothing. I'm pretty sure Seattle thinks the 49ers are something different from what you think they are based of their record. Good regular season records get you nothing. As Falcon fans we should know this. They are who you think they are, if and when the current 49ers team wins a ring. Until then they are just another team that will beat a broken Falcons team, this Monday. Nothing special almost everyone else has beaten the team this year as well.

Edited by SkyborneC-Falcon4Life

I must say, I'd like to see us win this one, if for nothing else, because the 9ers were such a hated rival back when we were in the NFC West.

But, I guess a loss would be o.k. (since it would give us a better draft pick), just as long as we keep it respectable, and not get blown out on MNF.....that would really suck!!!

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!

On my way home as per local radio talk here - they will be thumping falcons (possible shut out ) on their last game in candle stick park. Fans & players are all hyped up about this game. Some of them on talk show were appalled to see we let Abraham & key Oline personnels like Mud Duck & Svitek go & how much this offense regressed after Julio's injury exit. Also, they can't understand how Mike Smith is still a coach of this team.

Most football fans I know outside of Atlanta were surprised with the Abraham thing.

The 49ers are a franchise with 5 SBs. It's not a shock that they'd be surprised Mike Smith would still have his job.