I Know What One Of Ryans Problems Are.

jgentry162

Another thing is Matt new he was going to get huge contract, so if you think he didn't spend a large amount of time looking at property's and mansions. I know that I had stress building my family's $230,000. I could not even comprehend finding a property and building a 10 million or more home would be.

d0872529f9986073630e0b67ebb102ee1759712831.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly, I find a double standard on this board. Everyone screams we need a better pass rush, because that's the only way to beat good quarterbacks.

Ryan gets heat on almost every play and he's expected to win through sheer will, and beat every rush and every blitz.

Pressure Brees and he folds like a wet napkin. Pressure Brady and...well, look at the last two Super bowls he played in.

As long as Ryan either gets pressured on every play, or at least expects to get pressured every time, he will not be the QB we'd like him to be.

Nor would any other QB in the NFL behind this o-line. Mobile QB's may be more effective, but take the Falcons to the Super Bowl? No way.

I'm not saying I'm completely sold on Ryan, but consistently give him time to throw and then make the judgement. This year is an anomaly.

Looking forward to the draft and next year.

Arm strength as a passer is directly related to stepping into the throw. More back foot throws this year leads to weaker passes. Ryan is tossing off the back foot a lot due to quick penetration on our weakened o line.

This whole effing organization is on its heels. This franchise has been throwing off its back foot since effing 1965. The whole outfit is weak sauce. If aggressive, winning attitude could be equated to a rampaging bull, this team would be a sleepy milk cow. At least Ryan has the excuse of a piss poor OL for falling backwards every play. The FO has to just keep on putting up a brave front and hoping nobody smells the fail that surrounds them.

Ryan has certainly had a lot of on-field issues to deal with. His stats indicate that he's performed well despite all the season-long adversity. As a fan I would have to say I'm pretty disappointed with Ryan this year though. This season presented an opportunity to prove his worth as a QB with the talent, leadership, competitiveness and guts to put this team on his shoulders and keep it relevant, even if it were destined to miss the play-offs. In terms of talent, Ryan has made most of the routine throws he's called upon to make in this simplistic, consitpated Smittyball scheme the Falcons use, but he hasn't come close to lifting this offense up and getting it to play above its expected ability. As the season slowly finsihes swirling down the toilet, we're left with nothing but the sad knowledge our $100 million dollar QB is only as good as the talent around him, and that's all he will ever bring to the table.

Bingo

Surprisingly, I find a double standard on this board. Everyone screams we need a better pass rush, because that's the only way to beat good quarterbacks.

Ryan gets heat on almost every play and he's expected to win through sheer will, and beat every rush and every blitz.

Pressure Brees and he folds like a wet napkin. Pressure Brady and...well, look at the last two Super bowls he played in.

As long as Ryan either gets pressured on every play, or at least expects to get pressured every time, he will not be the QB we'd like him to be.

Nor would any other QB in the NFL behind this o-line. Mobile QB's may be more effective, but take the Falcons to the Super Bowl? No way.

I'm not saying I'm completely sold on Ryan, but consistently give him time to throw and then make the judgement. This year is an anomaly.

Looking forward to the draft and next year.

Get out of here with that sensible, accurate, and well said bullcrap! ;)

Peyton Manning has clearly demonstrated at this point that arm strength is the single most over rated attribute of a player in the NFL outside of maybe 40 time.

Yeah. When you have the best 3 WR tandem in the league and ~20% of your offense is throwing 5 yard screens to a 6'3, 4.4 speed beast WR that then takes that 5 yard pass to the house for 70 yards.

Yeah. When you have the best 3 WR tandem in the league and ~20% of your offense is throwing 5 yard screens to a 6'3, 4.4 speed beast WR that then takes that 5 yard pass to the house for 70 yards.

2nd highest accuracy rating on passes over 20 yards, 3rd most attempts, and only 3% less of his yards came through the air than your boy Flacco.

If you say so.

PFF paints a pretty bad picture of why the Ravens offense is sucking outside of their nonexistent run game.

Here's a hint: Out of 20 QBs who have taken more than 75% of the snaps at QB for their team this year... he's ranked 17th in the pass grade.

Another hint: He plays for the Baltimore Ravens.

PFF paints a pretty bad picture of why the Ravens offense is sucking outside of their nonexistent run game.

Here's a hint: Out of 20 QBs who have taken more than 75% of the snaps at QB for their team this year... he's ranked 17th in the pass grade.

Another hint: He plays for the Baltimore Ravens.

Is he also 2 games away from another division title?

Instead of 4-10?

Stats are awesome for losers like Stafford, Romo....other QBs in the south east region....