I'm Tired Of Guys Complaining Over Players Because They Don't Make An Immediate Impact On The Field...

Macintez

Stop looking for instant success in players and give them a chance to develop. With some players it takes time to learn the ins' and outs of the game. We will never have a team completely comprised of all stars and HOF'ers. Give some of these younger players a chance to become role players. It can take players up to 3 or 4 years to develop and find their place in the system...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone understands that. But when your rookies are your best players... there is a problem. Decoud, Moore, Asante, and Ryan (I understand the line problems but he's also made a lot of bad decisions... IE that pick thrown at the end of the half against washington. Just take the sack and go to half) were all disappointments for me this year.

I'm sure everyone understands that. But when your rookies are your best players... there is a problem. Decoud, Moore, Asante, and Ryan (I understand the line problems but he's also made a lot of bad decisions... IE that pick thrown at the end of the half against washington. Just take the sack and go to half) were all disappointments for me this year.

He's not talking about vets he's talking about guys like Holmes, HD, Konz, Mass, Map etc etc...

I agree.

I like to give these young developing players well into their 3rd seasons before predicting if they will be a bust or not. I stuck up for Patrick Kerney when fans demanded we cut him after 2 years, I took incredible heat while sticking up for Roddy White after his second season when fans wanted him cut insisting he was a bust, and of course I stuck up for JA98 a bust until into his 3rd season.

In all these cases, I was flamed, yet I never predicted any of them would be studs or busts, my argument with all 3 was exactly the same, to wait until we see them well into their 3rd seasons before calling them busts.

Stop looking for instant success in players and give them a chance to develop. With some players it takes time to learn the ins' and outs of the game. We will never have a team completely comprised of all stars and HOF'ers. Give some of these younger players a chance to become role players. It can take players up to 3 or 4 years to develop and find their place in the system...

we are 4 and 10 we have to complain about something

Players are what they are once they plateau and don't show that much marked improvement after significant pt. In the case of white and kerney its different because white had a rb that was playing qb, and couldn't spiral the ball or read a playbook. Kerney was an lde and even then did show potential and got sacks here and there.

Kroy, massaquoi, hd, weatherspoon, nicholas, decoud, reynolds, konz, and baker are maximized as far as potential. There's marginal room for improvement.

exactly. guys like Lamar Holmes pop into mind with this.

There are players who make instant impact as rookies and it's guys who take time to develop but it doesn't take years to see if someone sucks or not. If there is more negatives then positives in a player don't expect the positives to out weigh the negatives over time. Konz has more positives then negatives he can be developed. Holmes has more negatives then positives he should be released. There's no 2 ways around it.

I see this as inconsistent and a complete double standard. When we see rookies playing well, these same fans will anoint these rookies as future hall of famers or pro bowlers ie quick to judgement, but if the rookies play bad, then "don't judge them, give them time". So in other words, it is ok to judge them if they are doing great and not ok when they are playing bad.

I agree.

I like to give these young developing players well into their 3rd seasons before predicting if they will be a bust or not. I stuck up for Patrick Kerney when fans demanded we cut him after 2 years, I took incredible heat while sticking up for Roddy White after his second season when fans wanted him cut insisting he was a bust, and of course I stuck up for JA98 a bust until into his 3rd season.

In all these cases, I was flamed, yet I never predicted any of them would be studs or busts, my argument with all 3 was exactly the same, to wait until we see them well into their 3rd seasons before calling them busts.

Yeah but you can't have a guy starting and sucking for three years if you want your team to be good usually.