Something That Surprised Me When Listening To Mike Smiths Coaches Show

Ice5303

He was on his weekly show with 790 the zone, and said something to the sort ..he doesn't make adjustments/teaching moments in game....they make it during the week..with players, scheme, getting on to players,etc ....he does it on Wednesdays

He said these guys play a tough, physically demanding game and they need as much support as possible during the game, and they don't need to be yelled at,.... he said they were unprepared for Washington coming out in a 4 WR set, because they hadn't scouted that??? Does he think every team is going to do the same thing every week and never show a new look

Gee... Do you think this might be why we never adjust, or have 2nd half break downs.. Or why our team lacks a physical presence... You think Jim Harbaugh or Belichick do this,

He didn't want to call out Zeke Motta, .....so he's not going to adjust motta about the breakdown on the pump and go TD play.until Wednesday?

Anyone else hear this?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Yeah, sounds to me like he needs a nice ill' pink slip

Fvcking ridiculous on his part

Edited by facelessman07

Sounds like the games won/lost days before it's even played...

I somewhat get what he is saying, the teaching moment is from watching it on film, then implementing during practice on Wednesday, but geez......it kinda connects the dots for all of us wondering why we never can put a team away and why we play down to opponents even when we had winning records and why our 3rd quarters have been bad, no matter what players or coordinators we have had, he said "it's tough to make major adjustments having only 12 minutes of halftime"

I somewhat get what he is saying, the teaching moment is from watching it on film, then implementing during practice on Wednesday, but geez......it kinda connects the dots for all of us wondering why we never can put a team away and why we play down to opponents even when we had winning records and why our 3rd quarters have been bad, no matter what players or coordinators we have had, he said "it's tough to make major adjustments having only 12 minutes of halftime"

and yet other coaches seem to make adjustments and not the Falcons. And Arthur will let him run his team next year smh

Gotta link? Hard for me to believe a professional football coach thinks adjustments arent needed in game.

No link, but I'm sure 790 has a link on its website to listen to it

It was referring to Pump and go TD, but Smith didn't want to single anyone out, but they asked him about teaching moments, and he said during the game is not the time to teach and yell.

But him mentioning the redskins having a lot of 4 receiver sets and they weren't prepared for that..blew my mind, he said they didn't expect to be in a dime package a lot on D, I guess I could see that, with RG3 out and maybe wanting to use Morris a lot, but that sounds like your getting out coached .... And it showed...look at how many passing yards they had

I don't know exactly what has gone wrong with all you sissies. Mike smith is one of, if not the best coach in the nfl. Look at our record in the regular season with him. If anything , we need to rid ourselves of these underachieving coordinators. Time for a new set of coordinators people!

How many times can coordinators be replaced before you realize the root of the problem?

So in a nutshell, the game is won or more than likely lost on Wednesday around lunch time. No in game adjustments? Doesn't want to yell at them? DAFUQ? no wonder we play like girl scouts at a One direction concert. Our line plays like One Direction for that matter........:)

LOL'd at Girl Scouts at a One direction concert. 😂

Guest facelessman07

He brings delicious chicken bicuits and hot fresh made coffee brought to you by Mcdonalds

Yeah, eating from there is GREAT for that heart issue...not

He won't have a hard time getting another job, which is why I don't feel bad when I say I want his pathetic @ss outta here