49Er Fan Here

9ernation94

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Decoud is back. I know you guys dont like him but he's always in the right spot. He just takes bad angles at times. If Zeke is out there our secondary will get killed b/c he doesnt know the playbook and isn't where he needs to be.

I'm excited that our corners get to go against Crabtree and Boldin and I hope they win most of their battles but they haven't faced receivers like them this year. I know they faced Julio in training camp but...

I have us losing 31-14

I haven't been able to follow many teams besides the Niners this year, would someone be able to sum up what happened this year for the Falcons? They were SOOO good last year and before the season started there was no reason to not expect the same.

Atlanta and Houston are total head scratchers for most fans not in those cities. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious.

I haven't been able to follow many teams besides the Niners this year, would someone be able to sum up what happened this year for the Falcons? They were SOOO good last year and before the season started there was no reason to not expect the same.

Atlanta and Houston are total head scratchers for most fans not in those cities. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious.

Summed up: trenches suck

Decoud is a solid DB. I don't understand all the vitriol here against him.

Because he's not.

I hope Decoud is back. I know you guys dont like him but he's always in the right spot. He just takes bad angles at times. If Zeke is out there our secondary will get killed b/c he doesnt know the playbook and isn't where he needs to be.

I'm excited that our corners get to go against Crabtree and Boldin and I hope they win most of their battles but they haven't faced receivers like them this year. I know they faced Julio in training camp but...

I have us losing 31-14

Name one time he's been in the right spot this year

Name one time he's been in the right spot this year

IMO most of the time he's in the right spot. Whether or not he makes a play..Decoud isnt as bad as some ppl make him out to be.

Motta hasn't been in the right spot the past 2 games and it's been making our CB's try to do too much. Maybe it's play calling but there's no way rookie cb's should be covering 2 WR's at one time. you'll lose every battle. I believe that's why the redskins came out in 4 WR sets alot of times. they used one wr to block tru and alf and the qb threw the ball to the other wr. Motta was nowhere to be found at least Decoud is in the vicinity

I got a wild hair this morning and thought about using some frequent flier miles to go out to SF to see the Birds close out the Stick on Monday Night Football. Checked the flights which looked OK. Went over to the SF ticket site and got a cold dose of reality. I couldn't find any ticket under $314. Nosebleeds included. Most of the lower level seats were $500-1000. Holy sheet Batman. I think I'll just stay home and buy two big screen TVs for Xmas. Jeez.

IMO most of the time he's in the right spot. Whether or not he makes a play..Decoud isnt as bad as some ppl make him out to be.

Motta hasn't been in the right spot the past 2 games and it's been making our CB's try to do too much. Maybe it's play calling but there's no way rookie cb's should be covering 2 WR's at one time. you'll lose every battle. I believe that's why the redskins came out in 4 WR sets alot of times. they used one wr to block tru and alf and the qb threw the ball to the other wr. Motta was nowhere to be found at least Decoud is in the vicinity

Does it really make a difference if a player is near the action if they still allow a catch and often a touchdown?

Decoud might be in place, but he never makes the stop.

The tradeoff is you get Decoud in better positions, in which he still doesn't make a play, or you can play Motta who at least isn't scared to death to make a tackle

Besides Julio, We lost two defensive players for the year, John Abraham cut, our veteran center Todd McClure retired, Turner replacement Steven Jackson hurt and missed like 5 or 6 weeks.... our o-line is weaker, and I'm trying to decide if all that is making Matt Ryan look worse this year or if he's also just happen to be having a down year. Also a lot of other guys coming in and out with injuries including asante samuel, roddy white. It's not just the injuries though, a lot of young guys and it seems the team as a whole just weren't playing well for a lot of the season. The last few weeks it seems things have been improving... coaches making changes. Kinda seems like the team thought we arrived and were just going to coast through to the playoffs maybe.. but lately they've been playing with more heart.

Look out for Paul Worrilow and Desmond Trufant , up and comers on Defense. Also, if we would let RB Antone Smith get more snaps, you might see something.

I can't see how we wouldn't be up for this game, I think it could be tighter than a lot of people expect.

Edited by KING SNIP

Despite all the injuries, we've been scratching our heads too trying to figure it out. I mean the injuries have been huge, but you would think Ryan, Gonzo, roddy (he hasn't been 100% either) douglas and jackson would do more with this offense scoring wise than they have at times.

I think the injuries and losing some of our veterans was a big part of it... but also a lot of young guys on a learning curve.....and the fact that things just haven't gone our way this year.... we were one of the least penalized teams last year....but we've made a lot more mistakes this year. There's also just been some bad play at times....lots of mistakes.

We lost basically 11 starters in the first 3 weeks both sides of the ball and pathetic o-line play and a inconsistent defense has basically blown the season up for us early.

We have tried to stop the bleeding but the guys who have been out vs the replacements the gap in talent and consistency is gaping hence we are where we are.

I don't no if you have but have a look on this MB and basically we have been in fa & draft mode for about the last 6 weeks.

Blow the team up mode for alot on here is the other option.

Edited by kiwifalcon

But he is. No DB is perfect. Sherman and Revis get beat sometimes. Decoud is a solid player. If he went on the free agent market, he'd generate interest from a lot of teams. He'd get picked up in a hurry.

Like I said, I don't get the vitriol against him here.

DeCoud has never made a play on a jump ball ever.

He doesn't even jump most of the time.