Santonia Holmes Calls Panthers Secondary Weak.. Panthers Secondary Responds.

Big Bubba

Before the New York Jets took on the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, wide receiver Santonio Holmes had some sharp criticism for the Panthers’ secondary. Holmes did try to call them out, without calling them out though.

“Not to call these guys out, but their secondary is probably weakest link on their defense,” Holmes said last week.

The secondary wasn’t too fond of his comments and they responded during the week. Jets wide receiver David Nelson said the Panthers “made a point” of letting the Jets know they were upset with Holmes’ assessment.

“They made a point to let us know on the first drive that they weren’t appreciative of the comments and that they were going to make us pay throughout the game,” Nelson said, via ESPN New York. “On the first series, they were gunning for us.”

Holmes finished the game with two catches for 14 yards, despite being targeted eight times. Quarterback Geno Smith finished the game completing 15 of 28 passes for 157 yards, a touchdown and an interception. He finished with a quarterback rating of 34.6, and a passer rating of 68.6.

“With what Santonio said earlier in the week, we had to come out and shut him up. I think we did a good job of that,” Panthers safety Quintin Mikell said, via the team’s website. “Our thing all year has been that people point the finger at the secondary, and that’s fine. We drive the bus from the back. We’ve had some good games and we’ve had some bad games. Tonight we had a good one and just shut them down.”

Santonio Holmes, 2 rec, 14 yards. 0 td.

Captain, 1 rec, 41 yards, 1 TD.

And Santonio was a good WR when again? Oh that's right, he made that SB catch...laugh.png

Dude.........................You know Ginn has had issues with drops, right? Holmes makes Ginn look as sure-handed as in-his-prime Tony G. Wasn't believing all the drops he had. I don't know if they were in his head or what. He had a good 4 drops that hit him in the hands.

Dude.........................You know Ginn has had issues with drops, right? Holmes makes Ginn look as sure-handed as in-his-prime Tony G. Wasn't believing all the drops he had. I don't know if they were in his head or what. He had a good 4 drops that hit him in the hands.

One hit him in the head too. I think Geno did that one on purpose. :P

Seriously dude, when was the last time Holmes put up big numbers? If it was Megatron or julio talking trash and you shut them down then well? But not Holmes...WFW is just sayin' Jackcool.png

Moral is not to call out an entire unit. No matter how good or bad the player is. Calling out one player is fine. Mitchell called Brees Soft. Brees burned mitchell a lot. Granted, Brees really didn't get hit, so it didn't really disprove the notion of Brees being soft or not, it did prove that Brees can burn Mitchell at will though.

It would be like, if Sjax called out the entire Panthers run defense. Sjax isn't an elite RB this year, so it wouldn't be special if the Panthers shut him down, but, why call out an entire group?

lol pathers are so lucky they dint face roddy or jj this year

?? Didn't they destroy the Falcons the last time they faced JJ and White? No one is worried about the Falcons at BOA these days. Whether they fully healthy or not.

I will say, you guys in Atlanta, play tough, week 17 could be interesting if the Falcons, as a whole, actually show up and "want it". It will be interesting and a challenge, in the Dome, even without JJ.

?? Didn't they destroy the Falcons the last time they faced JJ and White? No one is worried about the Falcons at BOA these days. Whether they fully healthy or not.

I will say, you guys in Atlanta, play tough, week 17 could be interesting if the Falcons, as a whole, actually show up and "want it". It will be interesting and a challenge, in the Dome, even without JJ.

they dint destroy us they beat us by a td.....while jj wasnt giving 100%.....yeah lets forget earlier in the season when roddy broke your hearts before we had clinched the div.

they dint destroy us they beat us by a td.....while jj wasnt giving 100%.....yeah lets forget earlier in the season when roddy broke your hearts before we had clinched the div.

God you're idiot. Every excuse in the book comes out of your mouth.

Let me clear up a few things.

1. Last 2x we play you we beat you by more then a TD.

2. Julio has never blown up on us. Roddy has but after 9 years in the league and being in the same division. It's not a shock.

3. Even if both were healthy Ryan isn't as accurate on his back. Your Oline would still be a problem.

That's what I mean.............. Falcons are tough to play in Atlanta.

Beat JJ and White by 10 points the last time the Panthers played against them. If JJ was hurt there also, then I don't know what to tell you. Panthers can't be to blame if every time they play the Falcons, JJ is either hurt or on the bench.

God you're idiot. Every excuse in the book comes out of your mouth.

Let me clear up a few things.

1. Last 2x we play you we beat you by more then a TD.

2. Julio has never blown up on us. Roddy has but after 9 years in the league and being in the same division. It's not a shock.

3. Even if both were healthy Ryan isn't as accurate on his back. Your Oline would still be a problem.

you take this shiot real serious dont you reese???...we beat you when you sacked ryan 7 times....you beat us when you sacked ryan only once....the dffrence??? roddy and jj Edited by still smokin

you take this shiot real serious dont you reese???...we beat you when you sacked ryan 7 times....you beat us when you sacked ryan only once....the dffrence??? roddy and jj

In between that we also beat you when we sacked Ryan 4x and that was also with Roddy and Julio playing.

Maybe you should fact check before posting you think? ?

Edited by Rewind

Lol at trying to make that 30-20 azz whipping last year sound a lot closer than it actually was, a bit of selective memory maybe? I remember it being 23-0 before Ron started to play milk-the-clock ball and well into the 3rd quarter before y'all finally managed to put something on the scoreboard. Didn't y'all have like 50 total yards of offense or something at halftime?

Oh that's right, I forgot... y'all were "bored". Guess that same boredom kicked in at halftime of the NFCCG and has lasted for all of the 2013 season.

Maybe the Falcons should take a Zoloft. Maybe that'll fix 'em.

Edited by Ginn & Juice

lol as if the Panthers were gonna contain us if we were fully healthy

Is that ever an excuse? Especially given, most of the time that we play the Falcons, JJ is already hindered or on the bench?

I remember saying "If we had Beason, we'd have beat *insert random team that whupped us*."

and my , still favorite...

"If we were fully healthy with Dan Morgan and a few others, we'd school yall".

I hope JJ turns into a Davis for you guys, and not a Morgan. Injuries were too much for Morgan, while Davis overcame a lot of his own injuries to play better than ever.

Not only responded, but Captain has the best game of his career. 2 sacks, a pick 6, and they held that cocksucker to 1 catch and 14 yards.

Luke needs some recognition for that pick 6 too though, without him it's not even close to a TD and just an interception then immediately down by contact at the 41-yard line. Santonio actually tackled Captain the moment he got the ball, but Luke had the mind about him to catch Munnerlyn and lift him back up before he went down. He then went on to bring Holmes down and spring Captain free and it was nothing but open field after that.

Whaddya' know? Luke and Lavonte both played integral parts in the game-sealing plays against the Jets in their respective games. One showed up on the stat sheet, the other in the win column.

MY GOD how you Panthers fans are sounding more & more like Falcon fans here the past 4 years! Win something and we'll talk.

Let's see what you do in the playoffs! We all know that was the Falcons eventual downfall.

Kys!! After 5 years I'm glad to be making the playoffs. You don't get to put standards on my team worry about yours.

Lmao you sure have been a funny one this season jb, ain't none of us Panther fans changed a bit, you're just acting like a bitter old man. I can't tell what's bothered you more this year... the fact that the Bucs imploded in the preseason, or that the Panthers have had a somewhat good season up to this point. Not sure why the latter would bother you, but judging by your posting throughout the year your jimmies have definitely seemed rustled about it.

But yeah, had to throw in that Lavonte jab especially since most of y'all Buc fans can't help but say something about Kuechly every time David is bought up (or vice versa).