If You Were A Redskin Fan?

Rewind

Would you hire the best coach you could and let him pick the QB he feels is the best fit for his scheme he wants to run? Between RG3 and Cousins. And trade the other.

Or do you pick the coach who would best fit RG3 and not give Cousin a chances at all?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire a gm to pick a hc, first and foremost. I think you have to play to your players greatest strengths. I don't think the two choices are mutually exclusive.

I agree with you definitely hire GM 1st. Then let him hire the coach.

I do have this question now. How much respect has RG3 lost in that locker room? If you keep him does it mean a whole roster change on offense? Would you even have to do this with Cousins as the future QB.

I also wonder how much more value does RG3 have over Cousins?

Could you get a 1st and more for RG3 and build around Cousins.?

I don't see a way you could keep both, unless you are starting Griffin. No way in **** you could keep RG3 on the bench if he's uninjured. There would be a civil war in DC.

One more good game by Cousins. There is no way they can keep him and RG3 on the team together without a QB controversy. And you don't want a new coach dealing with that.

One more good game by Cousins. There is no way they can keep him and RG3 on the team together without a QB controversy. And you don't want a new coach dealing with that.

It's somewhat fine now, since the Skins are well out of it. But you can't go into next season starting Cousins and sitting RG3, if there is seemingly nothing wrong with RG3 physically.

You can't have a guy you mortgaged your future for on the bench behind a guy you drafted 3 rounds later in the same draft. They either have to start RG3 or trade him.

Whereas they could easily keep Cousins on the bench for another year or so.

Too bad we don't have the other Skins fan to chime in. Funny how he now posts in every section of this board, except for this one. tongue.png

Edited by NYG4

Cousins stock is high right now.

I would hire a coach to work the RG3 investment and entertain offers to trade Cousins to put myself back into the draft.

THIS! Although you'll never get back what you gave up to get Griffin, you'll at least make up some of the damage from a not very smart trade, and can start fresh with a head coach that may just be able to produce a winner.

I agree with you definitely hire GM 1st. Then let him hire the coach.

I do have this question now. How much respect has RG3 lost in that locker room? If you keep him does it mean a whole roster change on offense? Would you even have to do this with Cousins as the future QB.

I also wonder how much more value does RG3 have over Cousins?

Could you get a 1st and more for RG3 and build around Cousins.?

I don't think RG3 has lost any respect. He is still is A team captain, and will continue to be one. If we

Keep him, The only roster change on offense would be the line except LT and wr. We gave Aldrick, more chances this week, I have no idea why it took so long. Moss was severely underused this season. That falls on coaching IMO. As for trading RG3, if Cousins is the better qb and will be better then I would go with Cousins. Except, we don't know if that is true, so there's inherent risk you are taking with either pick. If we look at RG3's rookie year, hard to believe that was a fluke, so I say most would go with RG3 as the starter because he has shown more. He did struggle in his second season, but it was a terrible situation and there is no evidence Kirk would have done any better, and that's not even considering the fact RG3 has no off season.

Also, those changes on offense, are done regardless of qb. However, this doesn't even discuss our bad defense or atrocious special teams. We have the worst special teams in the league, and like the 31st defense I believe. Changes definitely need to be made there.

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

I don't see a way you could keep both, unless you are starting Griffin. No way in **** you could keep RG3 on the bench if he's uninjured. There would be a civil war in DC.

You keep them for one more year at least, they are both under contract. I think one of them will be trade for a pick before their contracts expire and it will probably be Cousins.

I don't think RG3 has lost any respect. He is still is A team captain, and will continue to be one. If we

Keep him, The only roster change on offense would be the line except LT and wr. We gave Aldrick, more chances this week, I have no idea why it took so long. Moss was severely underused this season. That falls on coaching IMO. As for trading RG3, if Cousins is the better qb and will be better then I would go with Cousins. Except, we don't know if that is true, so there's inherent risk you are taking with either pick. If we look at RG3's rookie year, hard to believe that was a fluke, so I say most would go with RG3 as the starter because he has shown more. He did struggle in his second season, but it was a terrible situation and there is no evidence Kirk would have done any better, and that's not even considering the fact RG3 has no off season.

Also, those changes on offense, are done regardless of qb. However, this doesn't even discuss our bad defense or atrocious special teams. We have the worst special teams in the league, and like the 31st defense I believe. Changes definitely need to be made there.

I agree but my only lingering thought is with RG3 value and limitation you have with the salary cap and Draft picks. Could you trade RG3 to somebody like the Raiders or Cleveland and build a better team faster around Cousins. Then keeping RG3 and getting lesser value and a longer losing period?

Edited by Rewind

I also believe that it isn't all RG3 fault and Shanny and Synder deserve some blame for this. But he has lost some respect in that locker room.

Players don't openly question a person in the media without some problems being present.

The locker room is suppose to be a vault and stuff like this is kept in house. If stuff like this gets out like it did then there is definitely a problem.

Thanks to who? Shanny put the skins in this spot. Most fans in know where perfect happy keeping Cousins sitting. They know what he can do and they like the insurance policy.

Now thanks to Shanny the entire NFL is watching every single snap he takes (which they should not be). Not to mention he is driving his Free agent price up to make sure the skins cant keep him as a #2.

I agree but my only lingering thought is with RG3 value and limitation you have with the salary cap and Draft picks. Could you trade RG3 to somebody like the Raiders or Cleveland and build a better team faster around Cousins. Then keeping RG3 and getting lesser value and a longer losing period?

that is something I honestly can not answer. I'm okay with longer losing as long as it means we will be consistent contenders, but it might not work that way. The money, we get back this year should help. The team isn't talentless. I just think we had terrible coaching. We seen how coaching can affect a team, saints D, and Chip. I think at this point, RG3 is the safer bet and you trade Cousins down the road for a pick.

I also believe that it isn't all RG3 fault and Shanny and Synder deserve some blame for this. But he has lost some respect in that locker room.

Players don't openly question a person in the media without some problems being present.

The locker room is suppose to be a vault and stuff like this is kept in house. If stuff like this gets out like it did then there is definitely a problem.

all leads pointing to Shanny linking everything to the media.

Thanks to who? Shanny put the skins in this spot. Most fans in know where perfect happy keeping Cousins sitting. They know what he can do and they like the insurance policy.

Now thanks to Shanny the entire NFL is watching every single snap he takes (which they should not be). Not to mention he is driving his Free agent price up to make sure the skins cant keep him as a #2.

Cousins could still sit. RG3 is the one who can't sit. The only way you keep both is if RG3 starts.