My No Clowney Mock Offseason

atljbo

This is probably my last mock intil deep in the draft season..... Its alot of changes Defensively.... Here we go

Mock Offseaon BEGIN

Release or let walk

Asante Samuel (we gain 5.25 mil)

Stephen Nicholas (We gain 3 mil ...Name him as a June 1st cut)

Jonathan Babineaux

Thomas Decoud (We gain 3 Mil)

Garrett Reynolds (1.3 mil gained)

Osi (3.5 mil gained)

Jason Snelling (1.3 mil)

Tony G (7mil)

24.35 mil freeed up

Contract extension

Roddy White - 2 year 10 million ... His 1 year 6 million left on his deal add to that equals 3 year 16 mil. (This will most likely save us around 2 mil in cap)

26.35 mil gained on the cap + our 3 mil carry over = 29.35 mil

39 mil in cap space (estimation .. It equals 39,400,704 tho)

Resign

Chase Coffman (Vet min)

Drew Davis (ERFA)

Dom Davis (ERFA)

Dominique Franks (vet min)

Mike Johnson (Vet min)

Joe Hawley (Vet Min)

Corey Peters (4 year 15.5 mil)

Robert McClain (3 year 6 mil)

FA

3111.jpg

6'3 325lbs DT Linval Joseph (4 year 20 mil)

The guy is stout against the run and he can give you some push up the middle

6'5 330lbs OT/G Rodger Saffold (5 year 25 mil)

This is the exact player The team is looking for.. A guy that can play many Potions... He has played LT, RT and now he is a starting Guard... He can come in as the RT or RG

6'4 255lbs TE Fred Davis (2 year 4 mil)

The guy is a athletic pass catching TE

90346_APTOPIX_Cardinals_Redskins_Football.jpg

6'4 255lbs Brian Orapko ( 4 year 28 mil)

The guy is a good OLB that we will have in his prime... This guuy with our 1st round pick will give us MADNESS off the edge.

DRAFT

1st round: 6'2 245lbs OLB Khalil Mack

We have been crying for that Von Miller/Clay Matthews/Brian Orapko type mold/prospect since coach Nolan has gotten here (Not saying Mack is them.. He fits that 4-3 OLB/4-3 OLB role) .... We have that prospect.. The guy is explosive and physical coming off the edge, He can get under the Tackle and bend the corner, He is not bad in coverage (can get better) , and this guy has that dog in him .... I think this guy can be a star in the NFL as a pass rusher.

2nd round: 6'3 335lbs G Gabe Jackson

We just fixed the right side of our Line.... The guy is a big mauling Guard in the run game but is also good in pass protecion

3rd round: 6'2 325lbs DT Ryan Carrethers

This dude remind me of Red Bryant coming out of Texas A&M ... A HUGE Built like a tank (not fat at all) dude that can be forcefull in the middle... Sone will see him as a run stupper only but the guy can push the pocket... The guy had 16 tackles vs Louisiana-Lafayette earlier in the year.. He get off the blocks... Not just a space eatter

4th round: 6'0 195lbs S Tre Boston

The guy played some CB to but i like his balls skills to play the cneter field

5th round: 6'4 205lbs WR L''Damian Washington

A tall lanky fast WR that can also return kicks.... Kind of remind me of a Chris Henry type tall lanky

6th round: 6'2 200lbs WR Kevin Norwood

Kevin Norwood is not a speedster but he is a WR that will go up and get the ball out the air.... The guy is also a good blocker

7th round: 6'2 255lbs FB Trey Millard

Getting Millard here is a steal... I know he is coming off a injury but you are getting the dream FullBack that is a 2nd-3rd round guy in the 7th round... The guy can run... He can block... He can catch... He is a Charles Clay type all around guy....

I know this may not happen but i hope it does.. Our whole D-Line needs to get revamped and younger... With this mock we have the ability to run a good 3-4

.............................Corey Peters..............Ryan Carrethers.................Linval Joseph.....

.........................Travian Robertson.............Linval Joseph..............Malliciah Goodman

Brian Orapko..............................Spoon...............................Worrilow.........................Khalil Mack

Beirmann.....................................Bartu..................................Dent.........................Mass/Maponga

ANd with 4-3 we have a good rotation and pass rush,,,, We also picked up a safety that has the ability to do what our safety to do.. Tre may not be a star buthe will give us a solid safety with ball skills.

On Offense we just set up up our Right side of the line for yours.... If Baker happens to get injured again (hand cross he wont) ... Lamar Holmes can be behind him learning but Staffold has the ability to play LT,RT, and Guard... I also think we picked up a good receiving TE that can bust the the seams open and 2 WR's in the draft that can give us the big WR's that we need as depth

Also remember that 2015 is when a jump in the cap money will start to role in... This is the year to take advantage of getting good dels with FA like last year.... When that jump happen (more money) .. Players will seek more money..,

Also we will benefit from geting these affordable Contracts now.

So i am assuming that you are betting on us switching to a 3-4?

Don't know how I feel about getting two WRs in the draft though

Julio

Roddy

Harry

Davis

Johnson

Cone

Washington

Norwood

You have us resigning Davis and he won't have PS eligibility. I don't think Darius Johnson will have PS eligibility after playing so many games. So that is 5 right there. Don't know if we will have room for two WRs unless you are planning on sending 1 or 2 of them to the PS. I am also assuming Cone is released.

Edited by Clark Kent™

So i am assuming that you are betting on us switching to a 3-4?

Don't know how I feel about getting two WRs in the draft though

Julio

Roddy

Harry

Davis

Johnson

Cone

Washington

Norwood

You have us resigning Davis and he won't have PS eligibility. I don't think Darius Johnson will have PS eligibility after playing so many games. So that is 5 right there. Don't know if we will have room for two WRs unless you are planning on sending 1 or 2 of them to the PS. I am also assuming Cone is released.

Drew Davis as a ERFA... dude will make like 400gs.... easily cuteable... Basically the new guys will take Cone and Drew Davis spot

Julio - Deep threat all pro

Roddy - Roddy is Roddy

Harry - quick cut mid level WR

Johnson - quick cut mid level WR

Washington - Deep threat WR

Norwood - A possession WR that can win jump balls

I dont know will we play 3-4 or not but these boys can play the 3-4 (LEGIT 3-4) and the Nolan 4-3

Drew Davis as a ERFA... dude will make like 400gs.... easily cuteable... Basically the new guys will take Cone and Drew Davis spot

Julio - Deep threat all pro

Roddy - Roddy is Roddy

Harry - quick cut mid level WR

Johnson - quick cut mid level WR

Washington - Deep threat WR

Norwood - A possession WR that can win jump balls

Ok so you have Drew Davis being cut? Then why he even resign him? Might as well just release him and Cone. I don't have a problem with two WRs in the draft. If anything i think we got exposed by not having a deep threat once Julio was gone. Teams are not respecting the deep ball which makes it 10x harder for our offense to operate. Good mock.

Ok so you have Drew Davis being cut? Then why he even resign him? Might as well just release him and Cone. I don't have a problem with two WRs in the draft. If anything i think we got exposed by not having a deep threat once Julio was gone. Teams are not respecting the deep ball which makes it 10x harder for our offense to operate. Good mock.

you need guys for the offseason ... mike Johnson might get cut ... .. competition tho ... at the end of the day i do see the rookies making it ... at the least norwood go on the ps .... i just know our coaches love their guys .... Johnson who out performed all those guys in the preseason but he was stuck on the ps for a while

but yea thats why i like Washington ... he is a deep ball guy and norwood is a go up and get it guy .... right now without julio besides roddy (whose not 100) we have no deepball threats ... the HD pick .... julio or other wrs that plays the deep ball adjust to the ball and go up to get it ..... We dont have that now

you need guys for the offseason ... mike Johnson might get cut ... .. competition tho ... at the end of the day i do see the rookies making it ... at the least norwood go on the ps .... i just know our coaches love their guys .... Johnson who out performed all those guys in the preseason but he was stuck on the ps for a while

Definitely true about coaches love their guys, and Davis has done well when actually getting targets, but we definitely need the deep threat too so that would be interesting to see. Only thing i would worry about is someone stealing whichever WR goes to the PS.

I am not a big fan of tall lanky WRs like Jacoby Jones (Which is who Washington reminds me of) but unlike Jacoby Jones, i think Washington can go up and make a tough catch.

Definitely true about coaches love their guys, and Davis has done well when actually getting targets, but we definitely need the deep threat too so that would be interesting to see. Only thing i would worry about is someone stealing whichever WR goes to the PS.

I am not a big fan of tall lanky WRs like Jacoby Jones (Which is who Washington reminds me of) but unlike Jacoby Jones, i think Washington can go up and make a tough catch.

Jacoby wont go up and get it.. Thats why i would say a chris henry type... That type potential..

I just think Drew Davis fit in with the group of what we have.... What we are missing is what hurt us... Julio is a BEAST man but what we really miss is a deep threat.. A guy with height that will go up and get it.. That lack of size/player hurt us in the redzone also (I also dont get why we dont use Levine down there more also) ... It hurt the patriots today.

If we are switching to a 3-4, and if we take a lber in the top 10 we **** well better, then I love this offseason. Still would have loved Clowney though.

I want clowney also but its time to move on (most likely) ... Plus Mack is a beast man.

Other than the 2 WRs and Orakpo(I don't see the need) I love this whole Mock offseason

Orakpo give us 2 really good rushers on the edges with Mack... What also makes a good pass rush is your depth... We would have a nice rotation...

I like it, but I still think we go offensive tackle. I want nothing more than a dominant defense, but unfortunately we're hitched to Matt Ryan.

If the FO is serious they have dedicate as much resourcing to the defense as they have to the offense.

JBO already added Jackson and Saffold that should solidify the right side which at the moment is a turnstile and has cover with Saffold & Holmes.

Great mock JBO you had me at Joseph he's so under rated it isn't funny.

I like this. Not thrilled on Saffold though who is injury prone although he does have great versatility. The other FA signings are really good though. I've heard a lot about Carrethers recently but haven't watching him so that's someone I need to look at. The rest of the players are all good. Mack + Orakpo coming off the edge would be such a delight to see. IMO, there's scheme versatility here too. Orakpo isn't no stranger to playing with his hands in the dirt as a 4-3 DE. Mack can play SLB in the 4-3 sets. I'm a fan of Tre Boston too, he would be an upgrade to DeCoud.

First of all, nice write up amd great pics!

On our Free Agents, I'm good with most of your cuts, although I'd love to find a way to restructure or re-sign Assante (if healthy) and Nicholas. Assante, if healthy and for vet minimum, would give us a solid and deep cb corps. Having Trufant and Alford starting, with McClain and Assante for depth and nickel and dime packages would be a nice cb corps. But a lot depends on his health and pride factor. If 22 doesn't want a pay cut--see him.

Nicholas is certainly not a great LB , but he's one of this selfless guys that plays STs and spot starts in multiple positions--nice depth guy. Not sure either will remain, but I'd like to see it.

I do not agree with letting Osi go. First of all he's been good. Elite ? No. But certainly good. Beef up the interior and we may see an even better version.

Mike Johnson is interesting. I'm ambivalent, as all we've ever heard is how good he was coming along before injury. I'm not a Dom Davis fan. Yes to Hawley. He may be our starter.

ON FREE AGENT SIGNiNGS:

Yes to Joseph. Either him or author jones is on my wishlist.

No to Roger Saffold. Always hurt, and can't keep a position. Rather draft a guy, than overpay him. You may point to how well he's done at G this year. Well if that's his natural position then why draft a G early? Remember he was displaced at Left and Right Tackle. I'd rather have a healthy and cheap Mike Johnson than him.

Orakpo would be a great signing, but I'm not sure the skins let him go. I'd rather have Michael Johnson, who I'm pretty sure the bengals are letting walk. But whether you sign Orakpo or MJ, no need to cut Osi. We need good pass rushers. I do like Orakpo though.

On Fred Davis, he's interesting. Talented guy, but has been suspended for substance abuse and not lived up to expectations. Not sure why grab him and keep Chase Coffman. Plus Davis was benched for non-effort early in his career. I'd pass on him, but understand your reasoning. No need for him and chase.

yOUR MOCK:

Rd 1: I love Khalil Mack. He, jake Matthews, Clowney and Mosley are in my "I'm good if we get one" category

-he's scheme diverse, which is good. He'd be great as a 43 SLB or a 34 OLB or As a MLB in 43 and ILB in 34

He's the "Swiss army knife" of LBs.

--I could see him at mlb! Worrilow on the WLB and Spoon as SLB on running downs, because Mack can simply lay the wood. Good pick

RD 2: I' like Gabe Jackson, but I'm not sure he'll be there in rd. 2. He's the best G in the draft. But here's where I have a problem, we draft Gabe --good pick btw--but we sign Saffold, who sucks at OT, but is good at G. So basically we have a big hole at RT again, unless you're saying Holmes is the RAt, which means signing Saffold is futile. Get my drift?

RD 3 & 4 are good picks. I like the NT. I'm ok with the FS, but honestly not sure boston is the right one. He reminds me of Decoud. Plus I'm not disliking Motta, but I understand the pick. I'd get another LB or DT here, or even a rb. But good picks.

Rds 5&6:

With the emergence of HD83 and darius Johnson, no need for 2 WR picks back to back. Maybe a WR and TE or a cb in one. Of the two you drafted, I like Washington the best. He's different and adds a speed/size ratio we missed when JJ went down. Norwood to me is Drew Davis. Well you reigned Drew Davis, so I sy pass on him. I'm good with Washington pick though.

Rd 7.

I say no to Millard who's coming off an ACL tear. Instead why not the 270 LB copeland from LSU in the 5th?

Or Jay Prosch in the 4th? Both are strong guys without the injury risk. I know it's a 7th, but we drafted Ewing, who was hurt all the time and FB is important to us, so why take another injury guy?

I like the FB positional pick, though.

Overall, the mock is pretty good. I've, however, seen no inclination that were going a strict 34, and this draft is pretty 34 centric, except there are no 34 DE picks. Are you anticipating Peters and goodman as a 34 DEs? If so, we need another 34 DE type fir depth, and travian has done squat

Good job overall, though, and a fun read

Good

No to Roger Saffold. Always hurt, and can't keep a position. Rather draft a guy, than overpay him. You may point to how well he's done at G this year. Well if that's his natural position then why draft a G early? Remember he was displaced at Left and Right Tackle. I'd rather have a healthy and cheap Mike Johnson than him.

This is what I meant by saying we'd probably go after an offensive tackle first. Yes, you have a "starting" right tackle, but not a permanent solution. I'm tired of patchwork linemen and filling these holes with our supposedly developing players. It's time to get a beast on the line and our top ten pick is the only way to do it.

This is what I meant by saying we'd probably go after an offensive tackle first. Yes, you have a "starting" right tackle, but not a permanent solution. I'm tired of patchwork linemen and filling these holes with our supposedly developing players. It's time to get a beast on the line and our top ten pick is the only way to do it.

I agree. Check my mock. I think you take either Matthews , Lewin or Ervin. Plug in at RT if need be until we can cut baker

And you're right this is one of the few times we have a chance at a truly blue chip OT

I'm concerned about the C position.

I don't think Hawley is the guy. I haven't lost faith completely in Konz, but I want insurance for him if we aren't replacing him. I'd like Mack or secondarily DeLa Puente, but if we don't address that position in FA, then I want competition from the draft.

Don't see the need for WR in the draft; I like what I've seen from our depth there. If we address skill positions this off season, it should be RB.

First of all, nice write up amd great pics!

On our Free Agents, I'm good with most of your cuts, although I'd love to find a way to restructure or re-sign Assante (if healthy) and Nicholas. Assante, if healthy and for vet minimum, would give us a solid and deep cb corps. Having Trufant and Alford starting, with McClain and Assante for depth and nickel and dime packages would be a nice cb corps. But a lot depends on his health and pride factor. If 22 doesn't want a pay cut--see him.

Nicholas is certainly not a great LB , but he's one of this selfless guys that plays STs and spot starts in multiple positions--nice depth guy. Not sure either will remain, but I'd like to see it.

I do not agree with letting Osi go. First of all he's been good. Elite ? No. But certainly good. Beef up the interior and we may see an even better version.

Mike Johnson is interesting. I'm ambivalent, as all we've ever heard is how good he was coming along before injury. I'm not a Dom Davis fan. Yes to Hawley. He may be our starter.

ON FREE AGENT SIGNiNGS:

Yes to Joseph. Either him or author jones is on my wishlist.

Orakpo would be a great signing, but I'm not sure the skins let him go. I'd rather have Michael Johnson, who I'm pretty sure the bengals are letting walk. But whether you sign Orakpo or MJ, no need to cut Osi. We need good pass rushers. I do like Orakpo though.

On Fred Davis, he's interesting. Talented guy, but has been suspended for substance abuse and not lived up to expectations. Not sure why grab him and keep Chase Coffman. Plus Davis was benched for non-effort early in his career. I'd pass on him, but understand your reasoning. No need for him and chase.

yOUR MOCK:

Rd 1: I love Khalil Mack. He, jake Matthews, Clowney and Mosley are in my "I'm good if we get one" category

-he's scheme diverse, which is good. He'd be great as a 43 SLB or a 34 OLB or As a MLB in 43 and ILB in 34

He's the "Swiss army knife" of LBs.

--I could see him at mlb! Worrilow on the WLB and Spoon as SLB on running downs, because Mack can simply lay the wood. Good pick

RD 2: I' like Gabe Jackson, but I'm not sure he'll be there in rd. 2. He's the best G in the draft. But here's where I have a problem, we draft Gabe --good pick btw--but we sign Saffold, who sucks at OT, but is good at G. So basically we have a big hole at RT again, unless you're saying Holmes is the RAt, which means signing Saffold is futile. Get my drift?

RD 3 & 4 are good picks. I like the NT. I'm ok with the FS, but honestly not sure boston is the right one. He reminds me of Decoud. Plus I'm not disliking Motta, but I understand the pick. I'd get another LB or DT here, or even a rb. But good picks.

Rds 5&6:

With the emergence of HD83 and darius Johnson, no need for 2 WR picks back to back. Maybe a WR and TE or a cb in one. Of the two you drafted, I like Washington the best. He's different and adds a speed/size ratio we missed when JJ went down. Norwood to me is Drew Davis. Well you reigned Drew Davis, so I sy pass on him. I'm good with Washington pick though.

Rd 7.

I say no to Millard who's coming off an ACL tear. Instead why not the 270 LB copeland from LSU in the 5th?

Or Jay Prosch in the 4th? Both are strong guys without the injury risk. I know it's a 7th, but we drafted Ewing, who was hurt all the time and FB is important to us, so why take another injury guy?

I like the FB positional pick, though.

Overall, the mock is pretty good. I've, however, seen no inclination that were going a strict 34, and this draft is pretty 34 centric, except there are no 34 DE picks. Are you anticipating Peters and goodman as a 34 DEs? If so, we need another 34 DE type fir depth, and travian has done squat

Good job overall, though, and a fun read

Good

Ok..... Lets start at the WR

1. How can ppl possibly think HD83 and darius Johnson is enough... We have zero deep threat .... ZERO (with roddy not being 100%) .. If you are talking about slant, drag, curl or in/out routes... Yea those guys can do that... But multiple times this year including yeasterday Matt has tried to throw HD a go get it ball and it ends in a INT.... Thats not his game.... Also HD is a quicker then fast WR (so is johnson even tho i think he might be a lil faster then HD football speed) so they are not burning any one....

If you looked at out game last year.. We need bigger WR's (as depth because we see injuries happen... We need WRs that can stretch the field... Post routes and fly routes.. I think with Tony leaveing .. If a washington could step up as a outside WR... Roddy could move in the slot and do DAMAGE.

That deep threat helps out our Offense so much not only because its a guy that make big plays and we dong have to have 14 plus play drives... But theose type guys also free up the mid level routes.

OK back to your order

2. Asante is not playing a backup role.. No way when a team will have him as a starter... He is just being a team player right now plus he knows its his last year here.. He has admitted that this is very hard for him.

3. If we could have Nic for the Vet min i wouldnt mind.. We will still have to cut him tho... His contract is wayyyy to high.

4. The Osi thing will be interesting.. I like Osi.... The thing is he most likely hit those playing times incentives so his contract will look like Abes from last year.. His cap hit will be around 6.5 to 8 mil next year.... If im going to pay a good pass rusher money.... It might as well be a younger guy... I like Osi tho... He would have to take a good size pay cut tho... And he does want to be here so its possible.

FA

5. Stafford has played LT, RT, and guard good.... They have moved him around this year because of injurie... Dahl getting hurt and with Joe Barksdale stepping up when Staffold got his ankle rolled up on (Vs us) ... Dude has played some guard this year... Very good for a fact... They have still been playing him at RT tho.. He has played good ... Go check out what fans are saying about Staffold play this year... His problem is getting injured but i saw that game.. Its no way a O-Line can help getting his ankle rolled on by a falling defender... The guy is a good versitle O-Line.... Ive read they might cut dahl this offseason to try to resign him... We will see.

6. MIchael Johnson is the guy i would have went with if i didnt say Orakpo ... I think Orakpo would like to test FA... Im good with either one tho... And i explained my explanantion with the Osi thing... Also our 1st round pick is a pass rushing LB.

7. Davis has proven he can be a good pass catching TE.. I like Chase but chase hasnt proven anything... We will have a solid 3 TE rotation tho.

DRAFT

8. I think Gabe will be there.. I think its a chance like Wafford (who most on here said was a 1st round guy) he could be there when the 3rd round begins.... Like Wafford it seem like teams feel like Gabe is good but he is a small area type guard.... They feel like Richardson and David Yankey is more athletic or have more over all upside.. Thats why Wafford went in the 3rd.. I think the same will happen to Gabe but i do really think he will be there for our 2nd ound pick.

9. Its a 7th round pick dude..lol.. You can take that low risk for a 2nd or 3rd round talent in the 7th round... Millard hasnt always been injured.. He just got injured this year... I actually think Patrick DiMarco has been a solid FB for us... This is more about it being a 7th round pick and a low rick very high reward...

Also with Osi

Osi Umenyiora played 27 of 67 defensive snaps while not starting for 1st time in 2013. Falcons wanted to use him as situational pass rusher
For starters: Osi Umenyiora, who started all 13 games leading into Sunday, suddenly came off the bench against the Redskins as the Falcons started second-year defensive end Jonathan Massaquoi at Umenyiora's usual right defensive end spot. On first look, it appeared to be another veteran being benched as part of the team's youth movement. But coach Mike Smith quickly dismissed such a notion. "We wanted to work Osi in our sub package, and the way that they presented the formations early in the ballgame, he was not out there," Smith explained. "But Osi, we wanted to put him on a pitch count and get him ramped up rushing the passer. And I think it paid dividends. He did a very good job rushing the passer for us in basically a [designated pass-rusher] role." Umenyiora had the team's only sack and forced a fumble. It will be interesting to see how he is utilized over the final two games.
I like Osi but if he is going to be our designated rusher role... That contract hasssss to come down