Should We Put Tony G In The Ring Of Honor In A Year Or Two From Now?

jlrfalcon

I think I have seen this brought up as a side topic in other threads but is there anyone who would NOT want Tony Gonzalez put in the ring of honor (since we do not retire #'s) in a couple of years after he has retired?

He has only played 5 years for us and will probably be shown as a Chief more than a Falcon in future HOF photos (and I would challenge anyone who says he is not HOF-definite). However, his presence here has certainly been important to our franchise's recent success, and he has been a great player on and off the field.

Of course, one can argue that Alge Crumpler was an outstanding TE for us for even longer and was in the Pro Bowl several times but is not in the ROH. Still, Deion Sanders is in the ROH but had some of his better years on other teams.

Are there any other past Falcons who should be in the ROH who are not? Terance Mathis? Morten Andersen? John Abraham?

I would definitely support him on the ROH. His legacy here will reverberate for years to come. He taught our receivers how to conduct themselves in practice and on game day, and that example will carry over as the guys who learned from him pass it on.

Edited by tone357

Yep put him in, not only played great but never complained about this year and was still one of the few players who always put in 100% effort. At least we got him a playoff win. TG totally deserves it probably the best player to ever play for the Falcons. I don;t think any other player we had was ever considered the best in NFL history at their position,maybe Deion but TG is without question the best TE to ever play the game.