If Td Did Nothing And We Got Everybody Healthy Again.....

This team would be close to being right back in business. For all the whining and gnashing of teeth by the "tanker morons" about our draft pick it occurred to me watching the game today we would still have been pretty decent with all out players on the field healthy at one time. Not saying we would have gone to the SB but having SJax, Roddy Julio Tony G and HD all on the field at once and healthy all year probably would have us sitting at about 8-6 right now. Just seeing Roddy finally healthy these last three weeks or so and seeing the difference that's made has convinced me of that. That being said, there will be improvements made with the draft and hopefully free agency as well. If we can get one or two quality players along the O line and the same along the D line we will be good to go. This team is definitely not the major rebuilding project that some are making it out to be.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ******* chance. We'd be a 6-10 or 7-9 team at best if no one had gotten hurt. Our OL is trash, and would have been trash even if Baker and Johnson hadn't gotten hurt. Biermann being healthy all year would make our D 27th overall instead of 30th.

Edited by RS91

Hard to say. This team quit in the middle of the season, then tried a little better during the second half.

We get a decent guard and center our line would be fine. We need some pressure on D.

Steven Jackson sucks though. Healthy or not he runs like a taller michael Turner

Edited by Jesus

This team would be close to being right back in business. For all the whining and gnashing of teeth by the "tanker morons" about our draft pick it occurred to me watching the game today we would still have been pretty decent with all out players on the field healthy at one time. Not saying we would have gone to the SB but having SJax, Roddy Julio Tony G and HD all on the field at once and healthy all year probably would have us sitting at about 8-6 right now. Just seeing Roddy finally healthy these last three weeks or so and seeing the difference that's made has convinced me of that. That being said, there will be improvements made with the draft and hopefully free agency as well. If we can get one or two quality players along the O line and the same along the D line we will be good to go. This team is definitely not the major rebuilding project that some are making it out to be.

You forgot about the d-line.

I think we currently have 1 DT under contract for next season and we need depth everywhere.

We're not going to have as much cap room as people think next season either.

I think you are right . With our skill positions in place all season long the only x factor besides the corners playing well as rookies would be how well the o line held up. In spite of that Ryan had early season success getting the ball to Julio and if Roddy had been healthy who knows? I do think its become apparent who we need to keep and who needs to go - Holmes is a project still, Kontz failed at center, RT is still a major sore point - Baker needs to get healthy - we need an answer other than Holmes if he goes down again.

Toilolo will be a nice-sized target, but he does not have Gonzo's ability complete contested catches.

Even with everyone healthy, this team has fatal flaws that have been exposed by the injuries experienced. I take this as a blessing. TD is forced to see and address our greatest needs-------The Lines.

Toilolo will be a nice-sized target, but he does not have Gonzo's ability complete contested catches.

Even with everyone healthy, this team has fatal flaws that have been exposed by the injuries experienced. I take this as a blessing. TD is forced to see and address our greatest needs-------The Lines.

Sometimes I think people don't really understand how truly good TG is and what he brings to the offense. We're not going to be able to just replace him. The offensive scheme is going to have to change without having him in the middle of the field making contested catches.

The only moron here is anyone who thinks this team would have been in the playoff hunt period.

Well, guys are getting older. Our top 3 DTs are free agents. Are they really worth brining back, Peters maybe? To me its a chance to improve at that position. Nobody besides an aging Osi can get to the QB with any type of frequency. Spoon looks to be injured again and can't stay on the field. We need more talent at LB without a doubt. Not sure if Konz is going to work at RG, but if he is not, you need to finally get that spot taken care of. RBs are aging and not dynamic playmakers.

Bottom line, TD has to make moves to improve this team.

You have been vocal about this ober the past two days, and I get it too.

My hard line stance is as follows.

Our lines are roached out, based on the pretext of doing nothing we know the following

to be as absolute.

Mike Johnson, while we are hopeful, we have nothing to base opinion if he is

good or terrible at the position. (you never take this gamble in the off season)

Sam Baker. No need to waste time typing anything on the guy.

Lamar Holmes.

Even after many games, the guy gets jobbed in every game.

Sure that happens to every player, but the opponents dictate

exactly when to school him

Center/ RG,,,,,,,,Pure garbage at both postions

DT, Yep we need one badly

DE/NT, these are the hardest position to fill in the NFL being that

the DE needs to get double digit sacks or he gets called a bust.

Biermann is injured (no guaranttes)

Osi is aging at light speed.

Point is that the higher we position the team in the draft, the greater tha chance

we get to infuse the team with Top Ranked tallent.

This off season we need no fewer than 4 Decent line starters, and yesterday proved that

we also need a new Safety.

If TD does nothing then 2014 will make 2013 look like a winning season in comparrison.

These are my absolutes based on closely following the NFL for over 52 years.

So yeah, I have seen it all many times over.

Not just with the Falcons, but with other teams as well.

So after the next draft we will no longer be drafting in the top 10.

This draft and Free Agency is Critical.

We will be come a Top Team or we will sink into the mire of mediocrity

for the next 5 years.

LMAO. This is the most delusional thing I've ever read here. This is not something that's going to be fixed while doing nothing except waiting for our players to age one more year.

How did your brain allow you to post this topic without sending an electrical impulse down your arm to slap yourself before you could click the mouse? Jesus Christ.

LMAO. This is the most delusional thing I've ever read here. This is not something that's going to be fixed while doing nothing except waiting for our players to age one more year.

How did your brain allow you to post this topic without sending an electrical impulse down your arm to slap yourself before you could click the mouse? Jesus Christ.

YES I agree...some people would rather believe a happy lie, than a hard truth

Its apparent that many posters/fans have understandably become jaded by the frustrations of the 2013 season. I am not sure why everyone is mocking the OP, though. With a fully healthy Roddy to start the year, it's probable that we start the year 5-0 and the mindset of the team would be completely different as a result. The Falcons wouod be a confident team which results in better play. We would definitely be a playoff team had we started the season with Roddy healthy.

Its apparent that many posters/fans have understandably become jaded by the frustrations of the 2013 season. I am not sure why everyone is mocking the OP, though. With a fully healthy Roddy to start the year, it's probable that we start the year 5-0 and the mindset of the team would be completely different as a result. The Falcons wouod be a confident team which results in better play. We would definitely be a playoff team had we started the season with Roddy healthy.

Is there some kind of insanely stupid inside joke that I'm not in on? RODDY WHITE would have made us 5-0???

Is there a Falcons message board where people know how football works?

Are you Thomas Dimitroff?

Edited by Cap Tipper

Is there some kind of insanely stupid inside joke that I'm not in on? RODDY WHITE would have made us 5-0???

Is there a Falcons message board were people know how football works?

Are you Thomas Dimitroff?

Sorry bro, you are not remembering our early games. Roddy's ability to move the chains and control the clock would have been so helpful in the early part of our schedule. His presence would have allowed us to beat the Saints, Dolphins and likely Jets. That's 5-0.