Just Starting To Agree With Some Of Our Posters That Ryan Stinks

truefalcon

He is the same as he's always been. The talent around him is what's changed.

In thinking about what you just said, you know, you just might be right. He's always been inconsistent in his throws. I can remember cursing each time he had a receiver open and he either over threw, under threw or threw behind their backs. Now mind you he does have hot streaks where he's right on target but not consistently. Will this inaccuracy improve now that we are dangling big bucks on a string in front of him? No........he's just not that good and we need to be rethinking his value in the future if we want to get to the Super Bowl.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shall agree to disagree then. Our Oline breaks at the slightest sign of pressure it seems. If we had a stationary qb, he would probably have been sacked around 60 times by now.. laugh.png Cam running for his life every other snap it seems.

Cam holds on to the ball infinitely longer than Ryan. Ryan is sacked in less than a second sometimes.

Ok I'm kinda late to the convo but why Is it that the same people who are saying Ryan stinks are the same folks who say we need to tank the season??logic says Ryan needs to stink in order for us to lose right?????

maybe you haven't noticed but at least half the games we've won during his tenure he's sucked for a large part of the time. Few qbs have ever had the plethora of weapons that Ryan has and anyone who has won more meaningful games. Suddenly when they are gone some folks want to believe its a coincidence that his play fell off too.

I think the Hasselbeck comparison is a good one. I wouldn't qualify it with the poor man language though. Ryan isn't a bad QB by any means. He just doesn't have the traits of a player who can carry a team by himself. He needs a solid D, quality OL, and a run game that is at least good enough to keep the other team honest.

I think the Hasselbeck comparison is a good one. I wouldn't qualify it with the poor man language though. Ryan isn't a bad QB by any means. He just doesn't have the traits of a player who can carry a team by himself. He needs a solid D, quality OL, and a run game that is at least good enough to keep the other team honest.

basically dilfer.

basically dilfer.

Come on man....Dilfer was terrible. Ryan just needs a good D to go along with an OL and run game that are good enough. He doesn't need the Steel Curtain and Adrian Peterson. He needs a new coach who isn't so ridiculously conservative too. He had a bit of a wild streak in him as a rookie but Smitty has slowly turned him into a mechanical checkdown machine who would rather take a sure 5 yards than a coin flip for 25. He needs to get that back even if he gets better help around him.

Come on man....Dilfer was terrible. Ryan just needs a good D to go along with an OL and run game that are good enough. He doesn't need the Steel Curtain and Adrian Peterson. He needs a new coach who isn't so ridiculously conservative too. He had a bit of a wild streak in him as a rookie but Smitty has slowly turned him into a mechanical checkdown machine who would rather take a sure 5 yards than a coin flip for 25. He needs to get that back even if he gets better help around him.

catch 22. Were paying the guy like someone who doesn't need that help. Wait til you see Julio in a panther jersey then it will start to set in.

The Falcons do not have enough money to give Ryan everything he needs. We overpaid Matt Ryan. I hope that we can overcome his salary.

The Falcons do not have enough money to give Ryan everything he needs. We overpaid Matt Ryan. I hope that we can overcome his salary.

Overcome it? He's counting less against the cap, this year, than he was last season, and we're going to have an unprecedented amount of cap space, even next season. rolleyes.gif

maybe you haven't noticed but at least half the games we've won during his tenure he's sucked for a large part of the time. Few qbs have ever had the plethora of weapons that Ryan has and anyone who has won more meaningful games. Suddenly when they are gone some folks want to believe its a coincidence that his play fell off too.

He didn't lose that many targets to injury. He at least had Gonzalez but ignored him at times when he was open and half the time he did throw to him he was way off target.

Overcome it? He's counting less against the cap, this year, than he was last season, and we're going to have an unprecedented amount of cap space, even next season. rolleyes.gif

I hope you're right. I agree with some of the things that the Ryan bashers say. Some of their points are valid. I just hope that they are wrong when it comes to weather we can win with M. Ryan.

Cam holds on to the ball infinitely longer than Ryan. Ryan is sacked in less than a second sometimes.

Have you seen very many Panther games? On some of those sacks where Cam is holding onto the ball forever, they would pan the cameras across the field, and it would basically show every single one of our receivers shut down. Not able to get any space. Even in those rare moments, where Cam has a stable pocket, and he is sitting there, waiting, waiting.... for 5+ seconds.

I hope you're right. I agree with some of the things that the Ryan bashers say. Some of their points are valid. I just hope that they are wrong when it comes to weather we can win with M. Ryan.

We won with him last year, even with our other problems. As far as hit cap hits go, he'll be at 17.5 next year, 19.5 the following, and 23.7 for 2016 and 2017. Those last two years sound like a lot, and they are, but Ryan will probably only see one of those, if any. They may very well, restructure his contract before 2016, and they'll surely extend him again before 2017. The contract isn't nearly as bad as some may make it out to be.

I agree to some extent..give brees, Rodgers, manning or Brady what Matt has/had and those QB's would set records...bit you also have to take into consideration how bad the offensive line has sucked during his tenure..we had something with Dahl and clabo but your boy was feeling cheap and didn't feel he was worth resigning..we have never had a dominant offensive lineman since I can remember so yes Matt does get most of the blame but not all..

I Can't put all the blame on Matthew Thomas Ryan......If some don't agree....Don't care

Offensive Line.....Despicable

Defensive Line.....Laughable and it's been that way since 2008 even when we had Abe....

The Defense always been this team's Achilles heel and they cost us those playoff games....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh30Dq6xCqw

Whoever's best in the LOS will always win the game......

Edited by DirtyBird8711

Falcon fans are idiots, fair weather idiots, Ryan is the only Qb i know of whos highly regarded everywhere except for the place he plays. I feel sorry for him, Atl doesnt deserve him, Go look at his numbers and realize that, this is a down yr for him. 3,877 yds, 22 Tds 15 int, Helluva down year. I actually came here to down and poke fun of Atl for their horid year, but theres no point, You fans are in insult to the Nfl franchise you represent, Enjoy obscurity...idiots. LOL

Hey, thanks for pulling yourself off Brees' sack long enough to come into TATF and make a complete AzzHat out of yourself, bro. You reassure us all in here that New Orleans fans remain the ugliest, dumbest, most inbred, classless ClownShoes in the NFL.

Rachel_Riley_GTFO.gif

You guys know I'm one of the biggest Ryan fans here. HeIl I've been called a Matt Ryan fan and not a Falcons fan for supporting the man. But he has played like total crap since Julio got hurt. The only people that don't want to acknowledge that are total blind homers.

Losing Julio Jones shouldn't have turned Matt Ryan into this. Blame the OL all you want but there have been plenty of plays this season where Ryan has had plenty of time and still made a dumb decision or a good decision and choked on the throw.

I have certainly lost a lot of confidence in Matt Ryan and if you're not questioning him right now then you blind homers are no better than the complete Matt Ryan haters. Nobody can watch Ryan play this season and not think he has some major mental issues right now.

He's going to have to earn a lot of trust back in future. Right now Matt Ryan is one of the worst QB's going in the NFL right now and I'm sorry that truth hurts some of you blind homers.

You guys know I'm one of the biggest Ryan fans here. HeIl I've been called a Matt Ryan fan and not a Falcons fan for supporting the man. But he has played like total crap since Julio got hurt. The only people that don't want to acknowledge that are total blind homers.

Losing Julio Jones shouldn't have turned Matt Ryan into this. Blame the OL all you want but there have been plenty of plays this season where Ryan has had plenty of time and still made a dumb decision or a good decision and choked on the throw.

I have certainly lost a lot of confidence in Matt Ryan and if you're not questioning him right now then you blind homers are no better than the complete Matt Ryan haters. Nobody can watch Ryan play this season and not think he has some major mental issues right now.

He's going to have to earn a lot of trust back in future. Right now Matt Ryan is one of the worst QB's going in the NFL right now and I'm sorry that truth hurts some of you blind homers.

Which all became a problem when Julio left ( like you said ) and teams lost all respect for our Oline , what little they had left at least. As much as you feel about these "blind homers" running around I feel about the people not bright enough to understand what a steady Oline gives a QB, especially a pocket passer in the whole mental department.

Basically I think anyone who can't see it's his losing of trust in his Oline and blocking to where that he is playing scared. I would be too and I am sure just about every other QB in the league would look terrible behind it. We are terrible. I can't surf the web casually without running into another Falcons Oline article.