Question For All The "non Tankers"

stizz

What did winning accomplish today? Today did nothing more than prove we aren't the worst in the NFC. Im not saying try to lose, but winning hurts us for next year, no matter how many of you don't want to acknowledge it.

Go ahead BLo, let the "in your face tanker boy" commence.

For me it doesn't matter what I want them to do. No matter how much I want Clowney or a win. Obviously the win hurts the draft position,but no matter how much we want them to tank the players and the coaches weren't going to. Welcome to another thing in life beyond your control lol.

It gives the rooks who will be playing next year confidence that they can win at this level. I'm sure no player on the team was thinking lets get beat so we can get Clowney...lol idiots. No winning drive in tankers, gave you ever played the game? Winning always crests confidence!

It gives the rooks who will be playing next year confidence that they can win at this level. I'm sure no player on the team was thinking lets get beat so we can get Clowney...lol idiots. No winning drive in tankers, gave you ever played the game? Winning always crests confidence!

You are one lost fan if you think winning will help any type of confidence for the 2013 Falcons. When they get destroyed next week will you say "boy barely beating Washington sure did give us the morale boost we needed." SMH.

There comes a point when you have to think logically and remove the emotion.

Amen. The draft system creates this predicament, Those who see that losses improve our future are called out as losers. I prefer to think it's a practical way to use the system and create more opportunity down the road.

But there are those who think that winning meaningless games "feels" better. Personally, I prefer thinking over feeling.

For me, I want to puke knowing my team team should lose to be better but it's the conclusion this is best for the team. Do I want them to lose, no. But it's the battle vs. the war. This years battle is over, let's try to win the war.

BTW, this has nothing to do with drafting Clowney. I hope we pass on him with the hope someone is in love enough to give us multiple great picks for the next year or two.

Edited by cnst

The word "tank" is harsh. No NFL player or organization is going to want to go lose on purpose. I'm all for getting as high as a draft pick as possible. I knew today was likely going to be a win because Washington is terrible.

Don't get mad just because we won. I've been counting this as a win for a while now. Carolina and San Francisco, thats a different story. I'm betting those last two games are two losses. If we find a way to win, I will not be mad.

I can understand what the "tanker boys" are saying about the draft. Here's the thing the only reason guys are wanting us to have top 2 pick is because they mostly want Clowney. Everyone thinks he is the guy we need the most on this team. Truth is he isn't. I'm not saying Clowney isn't going to be a good player, but he's not the player we need on this team. When it comes to defense we need a big mean DT. We get no pressure in the middle so any DEs we have will be useless. I don't know how closely people here follow NCAA but there is tons of talent in this draft, Clowney isn't the only playmaker on DL. Even if we were in position to draft Clowney it'd do us better to trade back and fill out our depth chart with 3-4 top 50 players vs just 1 or 2 guys. Before someone says once in a lifetime can't miss player blah blah there's no such thing. Every year some guy is the next great pass rusher. In the last 5 years 8 of these "can't miss" players have been drafted in the top 10 at the DE position. Only 1 has made an impact (Aldon Smith). In addition to that in the last 15 years 18 DEs have been drafted in the top 10, only 7 have live up to their draft stock. There is no guarantee that picking in the top 5-10 yields better results next season. How many years have the Browns/Jags/Raiders/ been a 4-5 win team and never seemed to put together a better squad despite continuous top 5 picks. Lions picked top 10 for like 7 years straight an still can't make the playoffs. You guys wanna fire TD and Smitty cause they can't draft players or whatever the claim is but you want to give them the top picks in the draft. This win was good for the team an our players. Any win is a good thing at this point. If you don't think winning helps you as a player/coach then you've probably never played at a competitive level before. The best thing for this franchise is to stay competitive win as many games as possible to build up our younger players. Take our pick trade back into the 12-15 range and stack our team for the future.

I can understand what the "tanker boys" are saying about the draft. Here's the thing the only reason guys are wanting us to have top 2 pick is because they mostly want Clowney. Everyone thinks he is the guy we need the most on this team. Truth is he isn't. I'm not saying Clowney isn't going to be a good player, but he's not the player we need on this team. When it comes to defense we need a big mean DT. We get no pressure in the middle so any DEs we have will be useless. I don't know how closely people here follow NCAA but there is tons of talent in this draft, Clowney isn't the only playmaker on DL. Even if we were in position to draft Clowney it'd do us better to trade back and fill out our depth chart with 3-4 top 50 players vs just 1 or 2 guys. Before someone says once in a lifetime can't miss player blah blah there's no such thing. Every year some guy is the next great pass rusher. In the last 5 years 8 of these "can't miss" players have been drafted in the top 10 at the DE position. Only 1 has made an impact (Aldon Smith). In addition to that in the last 15 years 18 DEs have been drafted in the top 10, only 7 have live up to their draft stock. There is no guarantee that picking in the top 5-10 yields better results next season. How many years have the Browns/Jags/Raiders/ been a 4-5 win team and never seemed to put together a better squad despite continuous top 5 picks. Lions picked top 10 for like 7 years straight an still can't make the playoffs. You guys wanna fire TD and Smitty cause they can't draft players or whatever the claim is but you want to give them the top picks in the draft. This win was good for the team an our players. Any win is a good thing at this point. If you don't think winning helps you as a player/coach then you've probably never played at a competitive level before. The best thing for this franchise is to stay competitive win as many games as possible to build up our younger players. Take our pick trade back into the 12-15 range and stack our team for the future.

That DT you crave can be found in free agency.

Losing games gives us a higher draft pick. Does it mean we'll get better? No but it's a tangible thing and increases our odds.

What does winning do for us when we need to and are probably going to blow out half the roster and coaching staff anyway? Momentum? See what I said about the roster and staff? Pride? That went out the window a long time ago.

I want to get better next season when wins count again. Winning now does nothing for that. At least a higher draft pick increases our chances because it means a higher pick IN EVERY ROUND. It's not just about the 1st round. I'm talking a high 2nd... High 3rd....

I want to win when it matters. I don't care about preseason wins and barely winning a horrible game against a horrible team like this really doesn't do anything for me.