Regardless Of Our Record Were Still In Good Draft Position

Miller2Rison

if we go 3-13 or 6-10 were still looking at a top 10 draft pick if not a top 5 draft pick, when the draft comes around we will see whatever teams are ahead of us and the needs of their team which obviously Clowney is the biggest name going on around Atlanta even if your not a Falcons fan everyone knows Atlanta wants Clowney and i suspect we will trade up to get him if we have to. At this point there is no longer a need to "tank the season" we won't have to trade much anyway because we are going to have such a high draft pick anyway.

if we go 3-13 or 6-10 were still looking at a top 10 draft pick if not a top 5 draft pick, when the draft comes around we will see whatever teams are ahead of us and the needs of their team which obviously Clowney is the biggest name going on around Atlanta even if your not a Falcons fan everyone knows Atlanta wants Clowney and i suspect we will trade up to get him if we have to. At this point there is no longer a need to "tank the season" we won't have to trade much anyway because we are going to have such a high draft pick anyway.

Have to trade up 2-3 spots would be awful. We win another game or two and are forced to waste MORE picks on trading up. Haven't we learned we need every pick??

And with the talent in the top 3, we need to be able to grab them without giving up more.

The Redskins had to give up THREE FIRST ROUNDERS AND A SECOND ROUNDER to move up four spots in the draft. You have to give up a lot more now, because the rookie contracts are so much cheaper now

we had to trade up to get Matt Ryan with a 4-12 record and so far from 2008-2013 we have only had ONE losing season with Ryan. If we have to trade up a couple spots for Clowney so be it, we didnt have to give up too much for Ryan

We didn't trade up for Matt Ryan, what are you talking about?

And the NFL has shifted in the importance of draft picks under the new CBA. Used to it was risky because the contracts were so high in the top picks, that you didn't have to give up as much to move up now.

But with rookie contracts being so reasonable, picks are much more valuable to teams. When you only have to pay Luck/Wilson/Newton a fraction of what they're worth, you can spend a lot more money around them and have a competitive team rather quickly

oh wow are we now in the 20's? i could have sworn it was still the top ten, i guess i missed a bunch of wins.

Dimitroff needs the best odds to hit on picks that he can get, he's had one solid draft and that was with the 3rd overall pick. Scrolls down his other drafts and you'll begin to cry

I dont want good I want a great drafting position.

Seems to have been our downfall. We kept settling for good over great and it backfired