I Honestly Don't Know Why Some Of You Are Falcons Fans....

I mean really guys..... you either don't like the coach and want him fired or you don't like the GM and want him fired....or both. I think most all of us like our owner but some think he's wrong because he doesn't want to fire a coach who has brought the franchise the most sustained success it's had in it's history, over one bad injury plagued season. I can't understand why all you " knee jerk reaction guys" aren't fans of teams like the Jaguars or the Raiders who fire coaches and make wholesale changes every time something goes wrong. That seems to be the type of organization you want the Falcons to become. Either that or one that would have the absolute lack of integrity to tank a season for a better draft pick. It just baffles me why some of you are even fans of this franchise. They can't do anything right in your eyes so why root for them?

I disagree with your post. I am a huge falcons fan and a pretty big homer, but there is a problem with this team and there is nothing that can be done about the owner (who, I don't believe is the issue). The problem lies with the players (GM) and game plan and play of the players (coach and GM). I say give them another year because they have earned one terrible year out of six, but if some things do not change and we do not make the playoffs next year Smith and maybe even TD need to go.

This team has made the coaches look good, not the other way around

And why people at this point would root to have 6 wins instead of 3 baffles me. What good does that do? Honestly?

Because to some fans, winning is what it's about and their is no such ting as a "meaningless win". If we put out 100% effort and we lose and it results in a better draft pick then I'm not going to be overly upset about it but if we were to deliberately try to lose, as some folks advocate, I would be very upset. No good comes from losing...none.... and losing deliberately is wrong on all levels, no matter what it means in the draft.

Because to some fans, winning is what it's about and their is no such ting as a "meaningless win". If we put out 100% effort and we lose and it results in a better draft pick then I'm not going to be overly upset about it but if we were to deliberately try to lose, as some folks advocate, I would be very upset. No good comes from losing...none.... and losing deliberately is wrong on all levels, no matter what it means in the draft.

That is COMPLETELY wrong. Getting a better pick when you lose does bring some good. How is a better draft pick not a good thing???

Please enlighten!

Again I ask, what good does that do at this point? Makes it even harder to get the team back on track. Literally, that is all winning will do.

No one is gonna think we are a better team if we win 6 instead of 3 games. Players won't just magically get momentum and in 8 months start off hot.

what harm does it do? are we suddenly going to slide out of the first round by winning a couple of games late in the season?

I disagree with your post. I am a huge falcons fan and a pretty big homer, but there is a problem with this team and there is nothing that can be done about the owner (who, I don't believe is the issue). The problem lies with the players (GM) and game plan and play of the players (coach and GM). I say give them another year because they have earned one terrible year out of six, but if some things do not change and we do not make the playoffs next year Smith and maybe even TD need to go.

I don't disagree with you about changes needing to be made next year if things don't markedly improve but to do anything major after this season would definitely have been premature. The thing is though I have full confidence that things are going to change for the better next year and the idea of firing Mike Smith will pretty much be a moot point by then. Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

what harm does it do? are we suddenly going to slide out of the first round by winning a couple of games late in the season?

I guess you're right, you can pick all of the same players with an 8th overall pick that you can with a 2nd. The potentially best DE prospect since Mario Williams, as well as one of the better LT's to come out in a few seasons should slide all the way down for us. Teams may even offer more to trade for our #8 pick instead of a #2

I guess you're right, you can pick all of the same players with an 8th overall pick that you can with a 2nd. The potentially best DE prospect since Mario Williams, as well as one of the better LT's to come out in a few seasons should slide all the way down for us. Teams may even offer more to trade for our #8 pick instead of a #2

i guess you re right. there are no good players in the draft outside of the top 2 picks.

That is COMPLETELY wrong. Getting a better pick when you lose does bring some good. How is a better draft pick not a good thing???

Please enlighten!

Because at better draft pick at the cost of fostering a loser mentality on your team outweighs any positive effect that player may have on your team. You're going to get someone like Clowney in here who is basically just an impressionable kid and put him among players that you have taught by your actions that it's " OK to lose"...I don't think so.... That's what is completely wrong. I say again...no good comes from losing....none. Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

While I agree with you on some points, I also agree with Dharma on why you should root for six wins instead of three, it is pointless, and only hurts our team. I know there are a lot of fans that look down upon the "tankers" of this season. Yet in previous season I have seen non tankers root for other teams in our division to win because it helps us make the playoffs, I don't see condemnation of those people. It's really all superfluous when it all comes down to it. Fans have different opinions on how fans should think or act. No way is the right way.

Because at better draft pick at the cost of fostering a loser mentality on your team outweighs any positive effect that player may have on your team. You're going to get someone like Clowney in here who is basically just an impressionable kid and put him among players that you have taught by your actions that it's " OK to lose"...I don't think so.... THats waht is completely wrong. I say again...no good comes from losing....none.

You do realize we had 13 wins and almost got to the Super Bowl last year and that did absolutely nothing with translating to success this year, right?

This winning and losing mentality will mean nothing in 8 months when the season starts over

I want MS gone. Don't care what others say. The guy don't know how to coach. I've seen coaches "out talent" other teams, but fall short against coaches that know how to scheme. My college FB team is/has experienced it for 6 yrs now, so I'm pretty good at determining coaches that just try to "out talent" other teams. And MS is THAT coach that relies on the other team being less talented as our team. He does not try to scheme and expose their weaknesses and cover our own. We have been fortunate enough to "out talent" some decent teams, but fall short against some good coaches that knows X's and O's and exploit our weakness. This is just the kind of coach he is.

it will be virtually impossible for us to fall to eighth. I said the difference between three and six is not much as far as trade value and I stand by that.

it will be virtually impossible for us to fall to eighth. I said the difference between three and six is not much as far as trade value and I stand by that.

That is pretty wrong. If a team wants a QB in the top 5 they are gonna shell out to get him ahead of others.

I'd rather have a shot at the best talents in the draft, instead of settling for the next level, call me crazy

In a rare, rare chance we get a top 3 pick, we have fans that would be just fine with settling for a later pick and getting a 'good' player instead of 'great'

And good over great is why we are where we are this year

yeah because you can never find a great player outside of the top 3.

I'm not going to argue it anymore. it's getting close to time for the game. I will never understand why anyone would want to lose. I want my pro or college team or my race car driver to win everytime they take the field or the track. That's the only way I know how to be a fan. Any other way of doing it is incomprehensible to me. How can you call yourself a fan of anything and then want to lose?

yeah because you can never find a great player outside of the top 3.

You're dead on, look at TD's draft history.

First round hits: Matt Ryan (3rd overall), Julio Jones (6th overall and 28th overall the next draft), Trufant pending

First Round misses: Sam Baker, Perry Jeria, Sean Weatherspoon

Missed on pretty much every second rounder except maybe Alford and Moore

And if you go down the rest of his drafts, he does seem to have a LOT of trouble finding good players in the draft

Oh, and he's the kind of coach that just wait until the other team makes a mistake and try to capitalizes off their mistake. If the other team doesn't make a mistake, then we lose badly. He never scheme and prepare the team to forcefully make turnovers. He just want to wait until the team makes a turnover and it falls in our laps. Well, sometimes in football the ball just don't just fall in your lap (ex. This year). You have to make and forge your own destiny. MS don't know how to forge and make this franchise a "Destiny" team. He just hopes it just falls in our laps.

I'm not going to argue it anymore. it's getting close to time for the game. I will never understand why anyone would want to lose. I want my pro or college team or my race car driver to win everytime they take the field or the track. That's the only way I know how to be a fan. Any other way of doing it is incomprehensible to me. How can you call yourself a fan of anything and then want to lose?

Other people have a different POV on what a fan is. To some people you should NEVER root for a division rival. Yet I have seen people root for them because it increases our chances to go to the playoffs. To some fans that would not make them a "true" fan.

Edited by Sidecar Falcon