If You're Still Butt-Hurt Over Losing Abe

roddyyoudaman

How could anyone, at this point, really say "Falcons were stupid for cutting Abe?"

In hindsight, this season was doomed with or without John Abraham. Our OL clearly wasn't going to take us further than 2012's OL, especially not after the injuries.

So what would have been the point in keeping Abe? So we could cut him this off-season? He will be 36 before next season…give me break.

Now that the season is nearly over, I'm so excited for the future that it almost all seems like a blessing in disguise. I really like what I see out of Massaquoi and Goodman, I think those guys have a real future here in Atlanta. We haven't gotten to see much of Maponga yet.

We've been able to do some grooming with our young DEs, something we haven't seen very much of in the past. I think it will do wonders for next year. Smith said it earlier this week, but all of our rookies are basically veterans now, in terms of playing time/snaps. I agree.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abe would not have had the same success here as he has had in the desert. Simply put, Cardinals have multiple weapons to rush the passer (Calais Campbell, Darnell Dockett, Daryl Washington) besides Abe - so Abe gets a lot more one-on-ones....

Is Abe better than Osi? YES.

Would Abe have 11 sacks this year for Falcons like he has for Cards? NO

If we had Abe and Osi then we would probably be around .500. A few drives here and there would have been stopped due to a sack or a hurry. It's not the reason we're not competing for the 1 seed, but we have had some close games where a sack or a hurried throw missing would have given us the win.

Abe would not have had the same success here as he has had in the desert. Simply put, Cardinals have multiple weapons to rush the passer (Calais Campbell, Darnell Dockett, Daryl Washington) besides Abe - so Abe gets a lot more one-on-ones....

Is Abe better than Osi? YES.

Would Abe have 11 sacks this year for Falcons like he has for Cards? NO

So Abe wasn't producing here with less help?

It's dumb though to say "We had a bad season, so it would've been pointless to have a better player on the roster"

Abe had a nice clutch gene at the end of games. Think about early in the season when Tannehill, Brady, and Geno marched down the field on us. Maybe Abe's pressure or a sack would've won all of those games and kept out team in the season mentally because it's clear the team checked out for a lot of the season.

And Abe and Osi would've been a good tandem. Maybe Abe only gets 6 sacks but I bet Osi gets more than his 6.5 if he has Abe on the other side as well

It's dumb though to say "We had a bad season, so it would've been pointless to have a better player on the roster"

Abe had a nice clutch gene at the end of games. Think about early in the season when Tannehill, Brady, and Geno marched down the field on us. Maybe Abe's pressure or a sack would've won all of those games and kept out team in the season mentally because it's clear the team checked out for a lot of the season.

And Abe and Osi would've been a good tandem. Maybe Abe only gets 6 sacks but I bet Osi gets more than his 6.5 if he has Abe on the other side as well

Just like he was last year. 10 sacks 6FFs

A "D"line of Osi, Babs, Peters, and Abe...why the heck not.

Abe probably wouldn't have produced like he's doing in Arizona but you're ******** if you don't think we would have been better with Abe and Osi on the field. As much as people get on Abe for getting old, he still had 10 sacks last year with **** near the exact same guys we have on the field this year. Is anyone on our team right not even approaching that?

The problem from the get go wasn't necessarily cutting Abe (though I thought it was stupid even back then), it was sticking to the "one man pass rush" philosophy we've had since 2006. It stinks and we need to do away with it.

If we had Abe and Osi then we would probably be around .500. A few drives here and there would have been stopped due to a sack or a hurry. It's not the reason we're not competing for the 1 seed, but we have had some close games where a sack or a hurried throw missing would have given us the win.

That's what I think as well.

Edited by 4dabirds

Y'all cats think more about him than he's ever thought about y'all

You spend more time thinking about us thinking about him, than we spend thinking about you thinking about us thinking about him.

You're in every Abe thread just like we are. We ain't tryna force you to miss him, so why try to force us not to?

Let us live.

You spend more time thinking about us thinking about him, than we spend thinking about you thinking about us thinking about him.

You're in every Abe thread just like we are. We ain't tryna force you to miss him, so why try to force us not to?

Let us live.

show me one post where I mentioned another poster spending to much time with Abe on their mind outside of the comment you just replied to. I can't remember doing so ,if so it had to be months ago.

I think the only ones that are butt hurt are the ones that finally realized Dimi is an inept roster builder who stepped on his weenie several times this offseason. Abe is just one of many gaffes.

LMAO at all the people saying Abe is only getting pressure because of his supporting cast. He got pressure with Dimi's weak as supporting cast. And if ARI's supporting cast is so incredible why doesn't anyone else on their roster have 11 sacks, 7 hits and 39 hurries?