Will Ryan Be The Least Athletic Qb In The League After Peyton Retires?

Darkflight

It seems like most of the qbs in the league now have that second option/ability of running or moving around in the pocket well. I'm not just talking about the obvious ones like Rodgers, Wilson, Kaep, Cam, Luck, EJ Manuel, Brees, Romo and Big Ben. Even Keenum, Foles, ALex Smith, Tannehill, Geno, Glennon and others seem to possess more athletic ability than Ryan. It Makes me wonder if we should focus on building the best o-line in the league to compensate for Ryan's lack of mobility. And now with the athletic qbs that are coming out of college next year...Will Ryan be the last statue?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like most of the qbs in the league now have that second option/ability of running or moving around in the pocket well. I'm not just talking about the obvious ones like Rodgers, Wilson, Kaep, Cam, Luck, EJ Manuel, Brees, Romo and Big Ben. Even Keenum, Foles, ALex Smith, Tannehill, Geno, Glennon and others seem to possess more athletic ability than Ryan. It Makes me wonder if we should focus on building the best o-line in the league to compensate for Ryan's lack of mobility. And now with the athletic qbs that are coming out of college next year...Will Ryan be the last statue?

Ryan isn't fleet of foot by any means but he isn't devoid of athletic ability. He can ran but he just won't. Unless it's hole like the Red Sea parting. I wish he'd run more when he can pick up yards but he'd rather look downfield for a wr.

Ryan isn't fleet of foot by any means but he isn't devoid of athletic ability. He can ran but he just won't. Unless it's hole like the Red Sea parting. I wish he'd run more when he can pick up yards but he'd rather look downfield for a wr.

If he's not devoid of athletic ability no qb to ever play in the league is. Relative to his peers Ryan is as athletic as a quadraplegic.