Mcdermott Is In Denial

SuperAINTSfan

A blueprint only works if you've got the personnel to do the same things, and very few teams have the personnel New Orleans does. A blueprint only works if the Panthers play the same way they did against the Saints, and that isn't likely to happen.

"It was more us beating ourselves,'' Carolina defensive coordinator Sean McDermott said of Sunday' loss. "Not taking anything away from them at all, because they're a fine, fine football team. But really, it was us beating ourselves, fundamentally and technique wise.''

NO DUMB DUMB, you got your *** spanked, now admit it and move on!

He probably should've worded it better. Yeah, y'all whipped our azz but I said that as the game was going on... we couldn't tackle for sh*t among other things that game.

I'm not going all Julio with it, because y'all flat out beat us. It definitely wasn't our best day fundamental wise and didn't look much like the team I've seen most this year. For what it's worth, I said the same thing about ya'll versus the Seahawks.

When on an 8 game win streak.......There was bound to be an upset at some point, to end it. Like I said , several times - I actually expected it to come to an end against the Bucs.

Saints did a good job at shutting down the Panthers ultra-conservative offense. Makes me miss Chud's extremely aggressive offense of '11-'12.

NO DUMB DUMB, you got your *** spanked, now admit it and move on!

You don't have to look at it that way. Panthers have a good football team and their coach's surely believe (and rightfully so) that they can do better. Just because they say something like that doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking anything away from what the opponent did.

I can see the Julio-thing sounding more like a silly excuse. (though at the same time he was probably telling the truth...no matter how butt hurt some people have to be about that lol)

You don't have to look at it that way. Panthers have a good football team and their coach's surely believe (and rightfully so) that they can do better. Just because they say something like that doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking anything away from what the opponent did.

I can see the Julio-thing sounding more like a silly excuse. (though at the same time he was probably telling the truth...no matter how butt hurt some people have to be about that lol)

What team comes out and says, after an azz whupping, something along the lines of .-

"We played mistake free football, we're proud of how we performed, we executed everything perfectly, we did everything right, basically, we played great football" ?

I'm sure if I dig around, I can find some stuff from some of the Saints coaches, after the blowout loss to the Seahawks, stating something along the lines of "we played poorly", "we made mistakes". "we let ourselves down". It's just something that is said after a team is blown out like that.

What team comes out and says, after an azz whupping, something along the lines of .-

"We played mistake free football, we're proud of how we performed, we executed everything perfectly, we did everything right, basically, we played great football" ?

I'm sure if I dig around, I can find some stuff from some of the Saints coaches, after the blowout loss to the Seahawks, stating something along the lines of "we played poorly", "we made mistakes". "we let ourselves down". It's just something that is said after a team is blown out like that.

Not exactly the same.

For all the accusations and criticism of Sean being too arrogant, I've never read a quote from him about his team beating themselves.

Execute better, play better, get things cleaned up (his favorite), yes, but I think he doesn't want the team to ever believe it's not in a titanic struggle against another team every time they step on the field.

To answer your earlier question, the play of the Seahawks made the play of the Saints look bad. Right calls at right time, execution, gameplan, and resulting game situations snowballed into a blowout. It doesn't require one team to be vastly more talented than another or one team to be mistake-riddled. Coaches coach and players make plays.

Not exactly the same.

For all the accusations and criticism of Sean being too arrogant, I've never read a quote from him about his team beating themselves.

Execute better, play better, get things cleaned up (his favorite), yes, but I think he doesn't want the team to ever believe it's not in a titanic struggle against another team every time they step on the field.

To answer your earlier question, the play of the Seahawks made the play of the Saints look bad. Right calls at right time, execution, gameplan, and resulting game situations snowballed into a blowout. It doesn't require one team to be vastly more talented than another or one team to be mistake-riddled. Coaches coach and players make plays.

Wouldn't players not making plays and actively making mistakes be the epitome of "mistake riddled"?

Getting things cleaned up, executing better.. still makes it sound as if the Saints performed below their normal ability.

Blowouts are normally because one team performs well and does their job and the other team makes mistakes out the azz and fails to execute whatever gameplan was set. That's just how it is.

If you believe that the Saints actually executed the gameplan they came up with for the Seahawks to the best of their ability... and leaving their WRs wide open, and failing to tackle runners, was part of that gameplan.. then idk what to say to that.

To me, making a play is playing above the norm.

Getting things cleaned up or executing better is about 'improving' enough as a player or team to compete and win. The idea that you've arrived and now only need to play to normal is a losing mindset.

So game plans cannot thwart other game plans now? It's all about mistakes? Hogwash.

I said what I think. The Saints game plan didn't initially matchup well with Seattle's. The Seattle players made some great plays. The Saints fell behind and were forced to abandon their plan with situational football forcing lower and lower percentage plays. Snowballed azz kicking.

My interpretation allows me to continue to see my team as a legit contender with solid chance of victory in the rematch without denigrating the opponent's victory with excuses.

I like the Panthers next week....

If Saints slip today vs the Rams (who always gives them Trouble)

it could cost Saints not only the 2 seed

But the Div.....

Saints know that todays a big game for them

as big as next weeks

Because I just dont think Saints are gonna win @ Car

I like the Panthers next week....

If Saints slip today vs the Rams (who always gives them Trouble)

it could cost Saints not only the 2 seed

But the Div.....

Saints know that todays a big game for them

as big as next weeks

Because I just dont think Saints are gonna win @ Car

A win for the Saints today would pretty much lock up the #2 seed.

If we win today...next week shouldn't be as important.

An upset pox? the saints were favored an y'all got your azzes whupped...WFW is just sayin'laugh.png

I know you don't know what it feels like this season, but, anytime an 8 game win streak ends, it's an upset. No matter the other team playing. Be it the Seahawks, Saints, Bucs, Falcons... that streak ends, it's an upset.

• 2 weeks later...