Teddy Bridgewater Contemplating Staying In School?

Clark Kent™

A lot of how this draft shakes down, will be determined by what QBs declare. Mariota and Petty have already said that they're staying. On the other side, only Manziel is a lock to declare. We're still waiting to hear back on Bridgewater, Hundley, and Bortles.

Edited by hjerry

Sorry, If you're projected to be the #1 pick overall and you decide to go back to school, you're a moron! If he goes back it will only be to get that book deal after somone hurts him and he misses out on a stellar life and playing in the NFL.

That's part of the problem, actually. Recently, there have been a number of reports, questioning whether he's worthy of going so high. He'd still probably be top 10, but I sorta understand why he's hesitant, sorta. It could also be that he's not a fan of any of the potential top teams, that could select him.

That's part of the problem, actually. Recently, there have been a number of reports, questioning whether he's worthy of going so high. He'd still probably be top 10, but I sorta understand why he's hesitant, sorta. It could also be that he's not a fan of any of the potential top teams, that could select him.

Texans are a good team with Better QB play. They have WRs, a good TE, good RBs, and a pretty good D. I wouldn't mind being their QB.

I'll even extend my statement to say - If you're slated to go anywhere in the first round - it all comes down to an issue of finances. If you want a good life you take the opportunities when they present themselves. You earned it kid, don't be scarred of it.

I would be stunned if Bridgewater did not come out. There have been other QBs that went back to school and dropped in the draft - off the top of my head, if you are a USC QB and your name is "Matt" you probably should come out - Matt Leinart dropped about 8 spots when he did not come out his junior year and lost millions of dollars that he never got back because he was bust in NFL and will never be a starter nor have a big contract. Matt Barkley got hurt his senior year - he was thought to be a top 10 pick but he looked worse his senior year and then got hurt. Now he is a 3rd string QB for the Eagles.

Bridgewater's stock will not likely be higher next year than this......stay in school if you want - but you might regret it.