Looking To Buy A New Grill

Dago 3.0

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dollar for dollar there isn't anything better than the Weber kettle grill. I'm so happy with mine 10 years later.

That said, I've also been really impressed with the Weber gas grills. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

I don't know anyone who's owned an infrared.

Weber for life!

Whatever you get, be sure to register the warranty. My wife registered the CharBroil she bought me and they sent me a whole kit of repair parts for free when the igniter went bad.

Dollar for dollar there isn't anything better than the Weber kettle grill. I'm so happy with mine 10 years later.

That said, I've also been really impressed with the Weber gas grills. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

Weber for life!

Whatever you get, be sure to register the warranty. My wife registered the CharBroil she bought me and they sent me a whole kit of repair parts for free when the igniter went bad.

everyone seems to love the infrared...even heat, capable of high temps, low preheat time, uses less gas, and virtually no flare ups or hot/cool spots

I am, however, seeing some complaints regarding long term durability

everyone seems to love the infrared...even heat, capable of high temps, low preheat time, uses less gas, and virtually no flare ups or hot/cool spots

I am, however, seeing some complaints regarding long term durability

How's the price point?

Personally, nothing matches the flavor of good charcoal, but I know it's not always convenient.

How's the price point?

Personally, nothing matches the flavor of good charcoal, but I know it's not always convenient.

right at $400

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Broil-Gourmet-3-Burner-TRU-Infrared-Propane-Gas-Grill-with-Side-Burner-463251713/100659435?N=c5t5Z1z0udye#

the more I read, the more I think I will stay away from it. this would have been my first gas grill...always had charcoal before. more reviews I see the more it looks like Char-broil went low quality on materials to be able to offer an inexpensive infrared grill.

http://bbq.about.com/od/charbroilgasgrillreview/gr/char-broil-tru-infrared-3-burner-463250512.htm

Cons

• Low quality 430 stainless steel construction
  • Cooking chamber trough section prone to rusting and potential failure

Looks like you can get a good 3 burner Weber for $500. I'm a huge Weber fan.

I have a Char Broil entry level model that I've had for 13 years or so. I keep it covered, and replace the cooking grate every few years. It's never failed me, and it was $120 new.

How you care for it probably makes more of a difference than what you get, above a certain level.

Weber for life!

Love my Weber Kettle. I don't have the small one, I've got the medium sized one and it satisfies 95% of my grilling needs. I have a gas grill too but prefer charcoal when I have the time. With that being said, I want a full sized charcoal grill eventually for smoking meats/cooking a **** load of food at once.

Weber for life!

There you go. Weber is what I do my BBQ ribs and chickens on. I also have a cheap gas grill I got from Lowe's for quick and easy direct grilling, like burgers and steaks, but I have done my best work on the Weber Kettle grill I have had for about eight years now. I have a baby one for tailgating as well.

Edited by AREA51

Love my Weber Kettle. I don't have the small one, I've got the medium sized one and it satisfies 95% of my grilling needs. I have a gas grill too but prefer charcoal when I have the time. With that being said, I want a full sized charcoal grill eventually for smoking meats/cooking a **** load of food at once.

The 22.5" kettle is $85. Not bad.

Weber > Char-Broil.

Char-Broil used to be much better years ago, based in Columbus, GA and used to make a very good product, built here in the US, and I was happy to know it supported the state economy. I don't know whether they are still in Columbus or not, but I do know that they've outsourced to China and the quality went to the crapper.

Weber still made in the US, and the quality is noticeably better. I know people that have replaced Char-Broil's at least once or twice in the time I've had my Weber, about eight years.

Weber > Char-Broil.

Char-Broil used to be much better years ago, based in Columbus, GA and used to make a very good product, built here in the US, and I was happy to know it supported the state economy. I don't know whether they are still in Columbus or not, but I do know that they've outsourced to China and the quality went to the crapper.

Weber still made in the US, and the quality is noticeably better. I know people that have replaced Char-Broil's at least once or twice in the time I've had my Weber, about eight years.

Say word! That was sad when they left Columbus for overseas.