Nice To See All The Old Abraham Threads

Steampunk

They deserve to be front paged. TD is a bad GM and should answer for his bad decisions (or just plain terribly awful decision in this case)

Hahahahaha taking this franchise from the sewer that idiot Vick and Pigtrino created, to a stable contender? Yeah TD is a bad GM. Go join the idiotic thread with the other moronic imbeciles who are re hashing the Abe threads.

Guest fibonacci

I love people who complain and complain and have no clue on how to get things fixed. I also love the people who think with all their complaining that it is going to get somewhere. and I love the people who complain and know without a doubt there is nothing they can do about it. and I love the people who argue and argue until their face is blue (bumping old Abraham threads) thinking that they will change my mind that he was just a good player that had down seasons and is only half way as decent as OSI on the run tackles. <<<<<------------- people really should go look at run tackles of OSI vs Abraham.

anyhow, I'm going back to being silent and laughing at over half of the things posted on this board.

- And these people I bet go on rampage mode on every star wars movie and write for the rest of their life's on how it should have ended. They are the ones on facebook 24/7 complainingg on how it should have ended. they are the ones at christmas parties that you stay away from because it is boring hearing the same over and over again. they are the ones who clearly have no Girl friend, and wonder why girls of all people say they complain to much.

Namaste'

Hahahahaha taking this franchise from the sewer that idiot Vick and Pigtrino created, to a stable contender? Yeah TD is a bad GM. Go join the idiotic thread with the other moronic imbeciles who are re hashing the Abe threads.

TD hit on two moves to start his career, Ryan and Turner. That gives posters, like yourself, the impression that he's a good GM.

His other first rounds picks include Sam Baker (terrible and he gave him a big contract for one decent year), oft-injured Weatherspoon, and complete flop Peria Jerry. Add in his sacrificed another first round to grab Julio.

His second rounders include solid but gone Lofton, terrible Konz, and good selection of William Moore (followed by way overpaying him).

The third round is embarrassing under his drafts, and it goes even more downhill after that.

And re-signing our own players to stupid contract like Michael Jenkins, aforementioned Moore and Baker, awwwwwwful Decoud, and especially Matt Ryan which would've been significantly cheaper if we just let him play his original contract out.

And free agent flops Ray Edwards, Tatupu, Dunta Robinson, and Steven Jackson

No he isn't. Abraham could have been inactive the entire season and this crap would still be going on. The vitriolic hatred of TD is not based off of facts or logic.

It's COMPLETELY based off facts and logic.

TD hit on two moves to start his career, Ryan and Turner. That gives posters, like yourself, the impression that he's a good GM.

His other first rounds picks include Sam Baker (terrible and he gave him a big contract for one decent year), oft-injured Weatherspoon, and complete flop Peria Jerry. Add in his sacrificed another first round to grab Julio.

His second rounders include solid but gone Lofton, terrible Konz, and good selection of William Moore (followed by way overpaying him).

The third round is embarrassing under his drafts, and it goes even more downhill after that.

And re-signing our own players to stupid contract like Michael Jenkins, aforementioned Moore and Baker, awwwwwwful Decoud, and especially Matt Ryan which would've been significantly cheaper if we just let him play his original contract out.

And free agent flops Ray Edwards, Tatupu, Dunta Robinson, and Steven Jackson

Guest fibonacci

I count 5 right now. It's pathetic. I don't see anyone whining about Tyson Clabo or Dunta Robinson or Michael Turner.

hmmmmm I think I am going to go bump some Aundray Bruce threads. (if it was made back then LOL.)

as for players from 2005 - present. I think I am ging to bump some Jamal Anderson 98. maybe Jimmy Williams to. :D I wonder what people would say with 5 of those threads on page one.

Guest fibonacci

They deserve to be front paged. TD is a bad GM and should answer for his bad decisions (or just plain terribly awful decision in this case)

have you looked into the run tackles Osi does compared to Abraham?

it's something you should consider when we had the worst run defense in the league. just saying sacks are not everything. but if sacks are everything to you, then go open how many passing plays OSI was in on and what his percentage of sacks were. think you might be surprised they were on the same page for sack percentage.

have you looked into the run tackles Osi does compared to Abraham?

it's something you should consider when we had the worst run defense in the league. just saying sacks are not everything. but if sacks are everything to you, then go open how many passing plays OSI was in on and what his percentage of sacks were. think you might be surprised they were on the same page for sack percentage.

You and TD seem to look at Abe in the same incorrect way...it should have never been Osi OR Abraham. For the price it should've been Osi AND Abraham. It's not that Osi was a bad move, but it seems we decided once we got him we just didn't need Abraham.

Abraham is better than Biermann, and should've still have been on the roster.

Perhaps that's something you should consider.

Guest fibonacci

this is my personal feeling on Abraham.

1. He would not learn new things.

- I feel he was set in his ways of showing us how to do something and would not try to improve on areas he was not good at.

- I think the falcons let him test FA last year in hopes he would see what he is worth....but further so he would want to be a falcon and change his ways. And since he did not, then the falcons cut him.

now for business talk.

1. Abe was our top guy on sacks.

- but that's just one play every other game.

- it does NOT end a drive.

- And I think Mike Smith led onto he was wanting Abe out. (Sacks are "just" sexy)

now Osi had 300 less plays in to make sacks over the last two years.

- Osi avearge over the last two years 1 per 71 snaps.

- Abraham Average over the last two years is 1 per 70 snaps...which is every other game

2. Abe was not good at tackling on the run.

http://bleacherrepor...an-john-abraham

- osivabe_original.jpg?1364301787

59 less plays when on the run.....yet he has more tackles?

and don't say to look the running backs they faced.

Ginats faced

- Martin from tampa as well

- Demarco Murray from Cowboys. (and don't say murray is nothing. the guy played 10 games with over 600 yards rushing.... he would have been around 1,000)

- Lesean McCoy...... not only a great RB.....but Osi and McCoy go back and forth on twitter. one of the biggest twitter battles

- Richardson some Clevland......do I need to mention how good this guy is?

- Frank Gore

- Alfred Morris from washington.

- green-elis

- along with ray rice.

- oh and of course Turner. LOL just messing.

and what did the falcons face?

- Marting

- giants RB's

- Jamall charles

- Alferd Morris

- lesean mccoy

So Osi actually faced bugger RB's . And you cannot say he had a better chance......cause the link above proves it.

thats for some good reading for you.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3978662-abraham-s-and-thoughts/

don;t say another word until you read it all.

Guest fibonacci

You and TD seem to look at Abe in the same incorrect way...it should have never been Osi OR Abraham. For the price it should've been Osi AND Abraham. It's not that Osi was a bad move, but it seems we decided once we got him we just didn't need Abraham.

Abraham is better than Biermann, and should've still have been on the roster.

Perhaps that's something you should consider.

ok fair enough. but............. Abraham had how many years to learn how to stop a run? and how many times did we threaten him that we were going to cut him?

Yeah something tells me he was given plenty of chances and was like an old dog and trying to teach him new tricks. plane and simple, Abe was not going to learn.

I count 5 right now. It's pathetic. I don't see anyone whining about Tyson Clabo or Dunta Robinson or Michael Turner.

and if Abe was not in the league (Turner) or had been bumped to the bench like Dunta or Clabo had been I doubt you'd see anyone "whining" about this either.

I mean, it is a MB. While things get old from time to time I'm not sure why the complaints of a huge offseason mistake during a failure of a season are SO bothersome.