To Those Who Think Zeke Motta Doesn't Have The Speed/range To Be A Good Safety...

Macintez

John Lynch was dirt slow, but he's one of the best SS of all time. Had a great career in Tampa Bay AND Denver. Dude was incredibly smart in diagnosing plays and brought the wood whenever you came his way.

Lynch was a SS... We have a good SS.... We need a FS.... A guy that can cover Deep... That can play some man coverage when needed... Thats what we need.

I like what I have seen from Motta... Moore used to play FS in college and has been doing that at least the past 2 games. Moore has looked WAY better than DeCoud. Maybe Moore can be molded into a Brain Dawkins type of FS imo.

There is a much higher chance of Willy Mo improving his coverage and recognition to a FS than Decoud all of a sudden become good, as I recall Willy Mo was an interception machine at Mizzu and Motta could be a decent SS.

Still prefer bringing Byrd in.

There is a much higher chance of Willy Mo improving his coverage and recognition to a FS than Decoud all of a sudden become good, as I recall Willy Mo was an interception machine at Mizzu and Motta could be a decent SS.

Still prefer bringing Byrd in.

I agree! I think Moore would be a good FS, but signing Byrd in the Off-season would be the better option.

John Lynch was dirt slow, but he's one of the best SS of all time. Had a great career in Tampa Bay AND Denver. Dude was incredibly smart in diagnosing plays and brought the wood whenever you came his way.

You also had Scott Case.

I like what I have seen from Motta... Moore used to play FS in college and has been doing that at least the past 2 games. Moore has looked WAY better than DeCoud. Maybe Moore can be molded into a Brain Dawkins type of FS imo.

Moore is 28 years old. He can't be molded into anything at this point. He is what he is.

Motta has a high ceiling...Much higher than DeCoud who has arguably already reached his. I can see Motta developing into a great SS in this system. Moore is a good FS that can hit and make a few plays thru the air. What some of you guys need to understand is that we will not have HOF-Calibur players at every freakin position. If TD takes care of the front line in the offseason I can see these guys playing at a pro bowl level.