Cleveland Loves Johnny Mock.

The O.D.B

If this course or Clowney were staring us in the face I would not be mad either way. How about you?

Cleveland decides they are in love with Manzel and we have the pick before the QB parade begins. They like the idea of keeping 2 firsts so they give us a 2 and a 3 and maybe a 5 to jump in front of the others wanting a QB.

Some will say fix the Oline in FA. I agree with this but, I don't like allot of the FAs and I believe the draft below could fix the lines for years to come.

1 DT-RaShede Hageman = you already know why and no I don't care that you think it's a reach. simply put he won't make it to the second especially now that Nix is injured.

2 RT-Antonio Richardson = Massive guy can play both tackle positions. Played against high quality competition. NFL ready.

2 DT-DaQuan Jones = very stout, powerful and has a nice pass rush, quick moves for a big man.Many will say take sutton or Donald and yes, I like them as well but, Jones is the real deal and IMO will be very successful. Hageman, Jones, Peters, Babs is a nice middle.

3 OG-Gabe Jackson = looks awkward at times but, does the job well.

3 CB-E.J. Gaines = If duece duece leaves we need another talented CB.

4 OT/OG-Seantrel Henderson = Insurance policy for our oline. can play both tackle positions and throws bodies at guard. I think he drops a projected round due to getting in stupid team trouble.

5 FS-Marqueston Huff = Heavy hitter, good in man coverage, really like this guy.

7 FB-Trey Millard = Allot of people like Coopeland from LSU but he's just a battering ram. Millard on the other hand can do everything we've been told Ewing can do and more. Millard can not only block and catch but, he's a threat to go for 6 when he runs as well.

thoughts?

Gabe Jackson won't last that long

That's ok by me I'd just take Seantrell a little sooner. I actually like him better at guard than gabe anyway. While Gabe just locks on Seantrell in his limited snaps at gaurd changes the zip code of the defense. I was pretty sure if I took him as my guard that I'd get allot of people saying he's to tall to be a guard, without knowing what he can do.

Like the positions addressed and the trade down, especially the first 3. Need to research the bottom half more but they are also addressing positions of need

Check out 4,5,and 7 on youtube. I'm positive you'll like what you see.

4 is a massive man that's not fat, he's really powerful, if someone hits him they stop moving. he's also got incredbly nimble feet for a guy of his size and good awareness in picking up unblocked guys on delayed blitzes.

5 you'll love this guy

7 all around football player. once he gets healthy again and is on our offense lookout.

After watching some film on Hagerman to me he flashes top 5 talent but to me he is still very raw.

Relies to much on a bull rush and his brute strength he needs to refine his technique to really succeed at the next level.

Richardson is pretty good anchors well against the bull rush I actually don't mind him he played when matched against Clowney.

Jackson Richardson or Yankey are good with me if we are sticking with a power blocking scheme I'd take the first 2 if we are getting G's to pull Yankey would be my guy.

Love it but I don't think Henderson or Jackson will last that long. But you are right after the Combine Hagermen may move into the TOP 10. He is a BEAST people, he can play inside or outside, mean, athletic and strong. Yeah some knock him for a past that he fight but when you read his background it is one of those M. Other movie tear jerk stories also we need FB J.C. Copeland from LSU. I'm telling you a 270 pounf FB who is fast for his size this guy can protect MR, help block for our RB's and plow into the line in the RED ZONE. We need this guy. Also we need to address our KR's try and hit a big one now and then and advance our field position with guys like Dri Archer or Auburn's C. Davis but if your Draft did come true I would be very happy.

ODB,

I like the players OK, just not on board w/ the strategy - we do not need to draft TWO defensive tackles in the first two rounds. We need to draft one and sign one in free agency while also re-signing Peters. If we take Hageman, then we pass on Jones or vice-versa. Also, Hageman is not a top 10 pick - if he is the first pick, then you need a second trade down. The trade value chart says we would only get Cleveland's early 2nd to move down 3-5 slots (so I think the trade is unrealistic) but I will go with your scenario on the picks.

Gabe Jackson or Cyril Richardson are "must-haves". We need at least one of those guys and you are getting neither of them in round 3.

Given your scenario above, and some of your players, I probably would go something like this:

#1-007) Khalil Mack, OLB-Buffalo (f/ Cleveland)

#2-034) Antonio Richardson, OT-Tennessee

#2-039) Gabe Jackson, OG-Miss. State (f/ Cleveland)

#3-066) E.J. Gaines, CB-Missouri

#3-071) Daniel McCullers, DT-Tennessee (f/ Cleveand)

4th rd) Antone Exum, FS-Virginia Tech

5th rd) JC Copeland, FB-LSU (why take someone "Bradie Ewing-like" when we have Ewing on the roster? need battering ram!)

I kept three of the players you picked and think we got more talent overall. I probably would not have taken an OT or CB without these extra picks - but with them - I think your scenario on taking these guys is a good one as Richardson/Gaines are good gets. Obviously I would address defensive tackle in free agency with either Arthur Jones or Linval Joseph. McCullers is still developing but you cannot teach size and this guy is massive with abillity to dominate as he develops.

I wouldn't mind Trading with CLE. I'd take their first pick this year, 2nd round pick this year, and 1st round pick next year. That way CLE would still have their other 1st round pick this year. And we get an extra 2nd this year and 1st round pick in 2015. We would have 3 picks in the top 40 this year and then 2 first rounders next year. With first pick this year we can take DE K. Mack, then with the 2 2nds we take OT A. Richardson and OG G. Jackson, then in the 3rd we can take a DT like DaQuan Jones or Daniel McCullers. What do you guys think?

it looks like some of you need a look at NFL Trade Value chart - this is not "set compensation" but was invented by former Cowboys GM/HC Jimmy Johnson and is still used today when trying to come up with "fair" compensation for trades:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

some of you need to consult because you are waaaaaay off on what you think the Falcons would get back in a trade.

ODB,

I like the players OK, just not on board w/ the strategy - we do not need to draft TWO defensive tackles in the first two rounds. We need to draft one and sign one in free agency while also re-signing Peters. If we take Hageman, then we pass on Jones or vice-versa. Also, Hageman is not a top 10 pick - if he is the first pick, then you need a second trade down. The trade value chart says we would only get Cleveland's early 2nd to move down 3-5 slots (so I think the trade is unrealistic) but I will go with your scenario on the picks.

Gabe Jackson or Cyril Richardson are "must-haves". We need at least one of those guys and you are getting neither of them in round 3.

Given your scenario above, and some of your players, I probably would go something like this:

#1-007) Khalil Mack, OLB-Buffalo (f/ Cleveland)

#2-034) Antonio Richardson, OT-Tennessee

#2-039) Gabe Jackson, OG-Miss. State (f/ Cleveland)

#3-066) E.J. Gaines, CB-Missouri

#3-071) Daniel McCullers, DT-Tennessee (f/ Cleveand)

4th rd) Antone Exum, FS-Virginia Tech

5th rd) JC Copeland, FB-LSU (why take someone "Bradie Ewing-like" when we have Ewing on the roster? need battering ram!)

I kept three of the players you picked and think we got more talent overall. I probably would not have taken an OT or CB without these extra picks - but with them - I think your scenario on taking these guys is a good one as Richardson/Gaines are good gets. Obviously I would address defensive tackle in free agency with either Arthur Jones or Linval Joseph. McCullers is still developing but you cannot teach size and this guy is massive with abillity to dominate as he develops.

Thanks for the thoughts G, After Years on here I know your a big draft guy and appreciate the input.

Originally, I wanted Draft for D but, FA for the Oline. I figured we need to make sure we get the oline right or we're having the same conversation next year. It also seems that Dline rooks can be effective very quickly while Oline guys are a little slower to solidify.

In Response to your alterations.

Khalil Mack - I can see he's a good player but, I don't get where people think he fits with us. All his vids show him rushing but, he's to small for a 4-3 DE and I have yet to see any vids showing him in coverage so, 4-3LB is out. I see him as a Kroy type on our team so, while I recognize a 1st round talent I don't see how he's a 1st round value for us. Love to hear your thoughts on where he fits with us.

Gabe Jackson or Cyril Richardson are "must-haves" = I like them both at G for us but don't like C. Rich at T, I felt OT was a bigger need and so it was either a choice of C. Richardson at G or A. Richardson at T so, I chose the guy who could contribute at both tackle positions as well a guard and also played against top level talent. I could easily see Baker getting injured again and us ending up with A. Richardson at LT and Seantrell at LT, which I think would work out really well for us.

#3-071) Daniel McCullers, DT-Tennessee (f/ Cleveand) = Love this guy and tried to pick him but, in the end I think our pass rush is better with Hag and Jones, while maybe not as stout at short yardage.

4th rd) Antone Exum, FS-Virginia Tech = focused on him for a while and got turned off quickly. The scheme he was in had himm giving a 10 yard cusion and he couldn't close the gap, resulting in allot of completions. He also plays aggresive but, his angles and field awareness or lack there of would be exposed in the NFL.

5th rd) JC Copeland, FB-LSU (why take someone "Bradie Ewing-like" when we have Ewing on the roster? need battering - I like Copeland allot but, if he can't catch we return to being predictable. When he comes on the field you know what's going to happen most of the time. I can see the value in both JC and Milard I just like the toolbox Milard brings better then the single hammer JC brings.

Edited by The O.D.B

it looks like some of you need a look at NFL Trade Value chart - this is not "set compensation" but was invented by former Cowboys GM/HC Jimmy Johnson and is still used today when trying to come up with "fair" compensation for trades:

http://www.draftcoun...Value-Chart.php

some of you need to consult because you are waaaaaay off on what you think the Falcons would get back in a trade.

Yes, and here's a second resource for comparision http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

I wouldn't mind Trading with CLE. I'd take their first pick this year, 2nd round pick this year, and 1st round pick next year. That way CLE would still have their other 1st round pick this year. And we get an extra 2nd this year and 1st round pick in 2015. We would have 3 picks in the top 40 this year and then 2 first rounders next year. With first pick this year we can take DE K. Mack, then with the 2 2nds we take OT A. Richardson and OG G. Jackson, then in the 3rd we can take a DT like DaQuan Jones or Daniel McCullers. What do you guys think?

Your thoughts are in the right place but, your trade values need some verification. check out the links G-Dawg and I posted.

Love it but I don't think Henderson or Jackson will last that long. But you are right after the Combine Hagermen may move into the TOP 10. He is a BEAST people, he can play inside or outside, mean, athletic and strong. Yeah some knock him for a past that he fight but when you read his background it is one of those M. Other movie tear jerk stories also we need FB J.C. Copeland from LSU. I'm telling you a 270 pounf FB who is fast for his size this guy can protect MR, help block for our RB's and plow into the line in the RED ZONE. We need this guy. Also we need to address our KR's try and hit a big one now and then and advance our field position with guys like Dri Archer or Auburn's C. Davis but if your Draft did come true I would be very happy.

The only problem with Copeland is that we want our guys to be able to catch out of the backfield at all positions and i'm not sold on that for him. He fumbled on the goal line against UGA this past season and he's quite slow so I don't see him doing more than just blocking, he's abit one-dimensional whereas there are other guys who can block, run, & catch. Maybe he could learn it who knows...