Who Should Be Credited For Worrilow And Bartu?

TrufantIsland

While this season has been a big dissapointment it's important to remember the good stuff. We got some youn talented players in. Trufant, Alford, Motta, Good - not seen enough of Toilolo, Ishmael and Maponga yet - but we also brought in some guys in UDFA. And who should be credited for these awesome moves? No doubt both Worrilow, Schraderm Bartu and Johnson have big holes - but they are still very good players and not at all what you would expect to find in FA. So who made these genius moves?

I would say Nolan. He had little if any input the draft before last , but finally had a chance to select guys he wanted Last Draft. I'm excited for the falcons future with Nolan holding it down as DC. Tru/Alford/Goodman/Motta /Worrilow/Bartu. If he gets a chance to pluck a top tier and mid tier FA and a couple top 100 picks, this defense will soar to heights we haven't seen in a years

Nope

http://www.albanyher...ready-to-prove/

And I can't believe there's people here that actually defend Mike Smith. I mean that completely stuns me.

Well, I give props to Smith for benching Asante and DeCoud at least. A very small props because Alford had already been getting playing time and DeCoud was only benched for a quarter (he started the next game then got injured.. hence Motta)

But Grimes is another guy. A pro bowl CB, that only got any playing time because the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart were injured. McClain, same deal, Asante was hurt. And how about no touches for Vaughn and like 2 for Antone when Jackson went down? Vance Walker played extremely well in limited snaps when Peters was hurt (he has 3 sacks this season). Drew Davis showed flashes last year. Darius Johnson showed flashes this year. I just wish a young, low drafted guy could come in on the OL when Baker or Reynolds get injured and pull a Grimes....

Nope

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2013/sep/19/falcons-notebook-rookie-bartu-ready-to-prove/

And I can't believe there's people here that actually defend Mike Smith. I mean that completely stuns me.

To be honest, Smitty has done some very good things for this team all in all. I just feel he has run his course here in Atl. Alot of his issues (conservatism/bad decisions) from the past are starting to show more and more once he's stripped of his weapons, same could be said for Matt. With all that said I'm still ready to move on from Smitty.

Well, I give props to Smith for benching Asante and DeCoud at least. A very small props because Alford had already been getting playing time and DeCoud was only benched for a quarter (he started the next game then got injured.. hence Motta)

But Grimes is another guy. A pro bowl CB, that only got any playing time because the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart were injured. McClain, same deal, Asante was hurt. And how about no touches for Vaughn and like 2 for Antone when Jackson went down? Vance Walker played extremely well in limited snaps when Peters was hurt (he has 3 sacks this season). Drew Davis showed flashes last year. Darius Johnson showed flashes this year. I just wish a young, low drafted guy could come in on the OL when Baker or Reynolds get injured and pull a Grimes....

Exactly, we stuck with Quizz when we should've worked in Smith more. We rarely put in Toilolo when he needs to be getting a lot of reps for the future.

And Drew Davis does nothing but make great plays the 1 time in every 3 games the coaching staff calls a play for him, yet we insist on forcing to Harry instead of giving Davis more looks.

I think part of that is on Ryan, but a lot on the staff for not getting Ryan developing chemistry and looking to those guys

Nope

http://www.albanyher...ready-to-prove/

i hate mike smiths clock management, 4th down decisions, and conservatism that he has to have a hand in in the D and O. I want the man replaced. i just cant say im with u guys on this not playing the young players crap. ryan baker and lofton started as rooks, the mega bust konz started at rg as a rook to learn from mcclure, Bierman was starting what his 2nd year?

i hate mike smiths clock management, 4th down decisions, and conservatism that he has to have a hand in in the D and O. I want the man replaced. i just cant say im with u guys on this not playing the young players crap. ryan baker and lofton started as rooks, the mega bust konz started at rg as a rook to learn from mcclure, Bierman was starting what his 2nd year?

Look at the list I just posted.

Like I said, they only play highly drafted younger players. Ryan, Baker, and Lofton were drafted to start right away.

Kroy didn't start until at least his 3rd or 4th year. In 2009 it was Abe and Anderson starting, with Chauncey taking some of the reps