How Low Can Atl Pick And Still Get Clowney?

Kaptain Krazy

The teams who would be most likely to pick before the Falcons:

1) Houston - they need a QB, but now word is they may think they can land Cutler as FA (which of course assumes CHI cuts him)

2) St Louis (via Washington) - they already picked a QB #1 and still have him under contract. Do they go OT -Matthews?

3) Minnesota - they need a QB or do they keep thinking Ponder is the answer?

4) Jacksonville - the Gabbert experiment has to be over, right?

5) Cleveland - their D isn't the problem at all. If not QB, what other position are they looking at?

6) Oakland - Pryor has had a decent year, but how could they turn down the chance to draft Manziel? He's pretty much the prototype Raider, right?

7) Buffalo - They have Manuel as their QB, and they need help on D. This may be the team most likely to pick ahead of ATL and want to pick Clowney.

8) Tampa Bay - they need help on O

9) Pittsburgh - no way they let Clowney get past them, no matter what else they may need.

What do you think: how low could ATL be selecting and still have a chance at Clowney? What other teams are most likely to draft him?

(and save the "i don't want Clowney" responses, the premise of the post is that the Falcons do want him.

If we are picking in the top 4 I think we land him.

You can bet after Snr Bowl & drills add in due diligence from the whole league teams regardless of need teams will fall in love with this guys talent and may find it to hard to pass up.

If TD falls in love with nthis guy and we end up say picking at 6 and move up to somewhere like 2 or 3 I can honestly see this MB imploding into a deep dark black hole of which there will be no return from.

I can see it now in my notification box 100 + a day for weeks and weeks on end so I best be having a large supply of advil to cure the oncoming migranes I'll be having if the above happens.

The teams who would be most likely to pick before the Falcons:

1) Houston - they need a QB, but now word is they may think they can land Cutler as FA (which of course assumes CHI cuts him)

2) St Louis (via Washington) - they already picked a QB #1 and still have him under contract. Do they go OT -Matthews?

3) Minnesota - they need a QB or do they keep thinking Ponder is the answer?

4) Jacksonville - the Gabbert experiment has to be over, right?

5) Cleveland - their D isn't the problem at all. If not QB, what other position are they looking at?

6) Oakland - Pryor has had a decent year, but how could they turn down the chance to draft Manziel? He's pretty much the prototype Raider, right?

7) Buffalo - They have Manuel as their QB, and they need help on D. This may be the team most likely to pick ahead of ATL and want to pick Clowney.

8) Tampa Bay - they need help on O

9) Pittsburgh - no way they let Clowney get past them, no matter what else they may need.

What do you think: how low could ATL be selecting and still have a chance at Clowney? What other teams are most likely to draft him?

(and save the "i don't want Clowney" responses, the premise of the post is that the Falcons do want him.

The biggest problem is that there is NOT a QB worth drafting in the top 10 at all. Since there's not, if we don't have the #1 pick, we'd better have #2 & hope that the #1 team goes OL with Matthews.

Personally, I want Matthews, that's our biggest need on this team, but drafting an OL won't sell PSLs, so I doubt we go that direction. If we're 3rd or lower, we will have to trade up to #1 to be assured of getting Clowney.

This is a draft where you might see a good bit of movement at the top. The teams at the very top need QBs, but none of them are worth top 10 picks. The teams in the range where the QBs should go need DL/OL. So I think we'll see some movement of picks & if we don't have the #1 or #2, we may be on the outside looking in at both Matthews & Clowney which would be disastrous.

Lot of teams need a QB - but Browns, Jax, VIkes learned their lesson from drafting a terrible QB in the first round - they wil NOT go out and grab whatever available QB there is.

I'd say that only 3-4 QB's will be drafted in the first round - and all teams want bridgewater, so they'll either trade up or draft Clowney. Also remember that there's a lot of decent QB's in the league right now who are backups. Schaub, Flynn, Sanchez (terrible last season), Cassel, Freeman and maybe even Tebow. Browns will need a good QB and so do will the Jax - but vikings can live with an average one..

Lot of teams need a QB - but Browns, Jax, VIkes learned their lesson from drafting a terrible QB in the first round - they wil NOT go out and grab whatever available QB there is.

I'd say that only 3-4 QB's will be drafted in the first round - and all teams want bridgewater, so they'll either trade up or draft Clowney. Also remember that there's a lot of decent QB's in the league right now who are backups. Schaub, Flynn, Sanchez (terrible last season), Cassel, Freeman and maybe even Tebow. Browns will need a good QB and so do will the Jax - but vikings can live with an average one..

ScreenShot2013-10-23at1.12.30PM_original_crop_north.png?w=759&h=506&q=75

Browns have obviously learned their lesson......