While I Appreciate Mr. Blank And His Desire...

fansince78

I think Mr. Blank's heart is in the right place concerning the team. I believe 100% that he wants to bring a Championship to Atlanta and that is something that the Smiths never really wanted like Mr. Blank does.

That being said, I think he is making a terrible mistake when it comes to the head coach for 2014. I will be there and I will cheer as loud as I can, but I don't think Smitty can't get this job done. I only have to look as far back as the NFCCG last season to see what he can accomplish when all things are rolling his way.

To be 3 and 10 at this point in the season is unacceptable. Injuries happen and are a part of football. Give me 8 and 5 and I could accept that the injuries were responsible for the record. 3 and 10 is a lot different story though.

Mr. Blank made his money by being a major part of a store that made it's money from home improvement. Stuff wore out or broke down so customers went to Home Depot and bought new and improved versions. Smith is worn out and broke down and we need a need a new and improved philosophy for this team. He could have brought a Championship to Atlanta last year and missed his chance by being the coach he is. He won't get all the things in his favor that he had last season again...no matter how long he retains his job.

I hope he proves me wrong and no one will be happier than I if he does. I can't see it happening though and expect another sub par football record next season with Smith at the helm. With 2017 not too far in the future, Mr. Blank better think about those empty seats in that new stadium. If you build it it, they will come was a line in a movie. The team is what needs to be built in order to fill those seats and Head Coach needs to be someone the fans have reason to believe in.

Just because he gave him a vote of confidence does not guarantee he will,stick around, this has happeneed many times and the coach still got the axe. Blank isn't goin to come put during the season and say this is it for smith. I'll give it a week after black Monday to see if smith is still around

Just because he gave him a vote of confidence does not guarantee he will,stick around, this has happeneed many times and the coach still got the axe. Blank isn't goin to come put during the season and say this is it for smith. I'll give it a week after black Monday to see if smith is still around

That's exactly what he did in 2003 with Reeves. It was a dumass move. If he had given him one last shot with that 2004 team I think they would have finally beaten PHI and gotten to a Bowl. Instead he turned it over to Mora who took Reeves' team up to PHI and got slaughtered.

Smith won't be here after next season. It's a contract year and Smith won't suddenly change his ways and it'll be more of the same. Blown leads, ******** time management, cowardly and safe play etc. He may as well start packing now.

i agree with this. i think he will be here 1 more season. if he doesn't win the big one i think he will be gone

In the end Mr. BLANK is no fool. You don't become a billionaire being one. Change will come, in a logical dignified manner.

Look at every poor season the Falcons have had since Blank bought the team, all you'll see where Blank made changes to get the team back to winning. Yes, these changes cost Reeves and Mora Jr. their jobs, and Vick's issues left us wondering what he may have been with Petrino (probably not much), but changes were made that did bring 5 straight years of winning football here. There is no question in my mind that Blank wants a championship, and there is no question that he will do whatever it takes or go down in flames trying. This determination that Blank has is what I like most about our current Falcons, because the old Smith regime would have just thrown their hands up, hired another castoff and hoped for the best.

In Blank I trust.

Smith will be the fall guy for an incompetent GM and a average QB that was a playoff failure with his 10 turnovers in 5 playoff games . Sad but it's true

Really Swift? You must have nightmares about Ryan? Every topic I have been on you have nothing but negative things to say about Ryan. Won't you do us all a favor and go find you another team and QB to bit(h about, like the Colts then you can bit(h about how Andrew Luck is trying to look like one of those Duck Dynasty guys with those swift beard.

Smith won't have to win a Lombardi (or even get to the Big Dance) next season to stick around, although I do believe he could if the ball bounces his way. What he has to do is turn this mess completely around, get back in the playoffs, and win at least postseason game to get off his hot seat. I don't state this as fact but simply as my personal opinion, of course.

Smith won't have to win a Lombardi (or even get to the Big Dance) next season to stick around, although I do believe he could if the ball bounces his way. What he has to do is turn this mess completely around, get back in the playoffs, and win at least postseason game to get off his hot seat. I don't state this as fact but simply as my personal opinion, of course.

Thing I love about Supes is his ability to actually grasp realotory. He is rational and well rounded.

Guest Cally307a

Ken Whisenhunt is the perfect fit for the HC job

He is perfect and will likely be ready to go this year or next. Id say if he starts applying for coaching jobs this year, then we have to remove smitty whenever that happens. Coaches are hard and a few and far in between but this guys a winner. I think he would improve the offense and have matty balling like we don't even think is possible right now. Man our offensive would finally receive some coaching and we could be unstoppable.

If Ken was here last year, we win the Superbowl easily

I just hate the fact that everyone keeps saying, they know that next season will be a failure under mike smith but he has earned one last shot. Why. Why has he earned another shot. We know what will happen. He's had 6 years. No, he doesn't deserve another year. If we know what the outcome will be, we need to change the approach(coach). We had one significant injury on offense. Julio jones. Is that really what has caused our offense to be so miserable. No, it's the lines, obviously. Well folks, the lines are every bit the product of mike smith as they are anyone else. I can find numerous reasons to fire smith and very few to keep him around. To me, it's like someone telling you to go walk over the hill to meet your death by firing squad. Given the choice I'm walking the other way. We need to walk away from smith at this point.

Your pain tolerance level is high Supes.

Edited by Falcons Rage

Thing I love about Supes is his ability to actually grasp realotory. He is rational and well rounded.

And what will you be saying if the falcons go 5-11 next year. Should we be rational and give smith another year. And what if, in that next year we go 6-10. Should we give him another year because of the improvement.

And what will you be saying if the falcons go 5-11 next year. Should we be rational and give smith another year. And what if, in that next year we go 6-10. Should we give him another year because of the improvement.

No one is saying that, Mr. Rage. Calm down, sir, or your head might explode!

I thought firing Leeman Bennett was a mistake and still do. We sucked elephant turds through a garden hose in the subsequent years.

I thought firing Dan Reeves was a mistake. Welcome Jimmy-Boy Mora and Bobby Pigtrino.

I don't necessarily have a high pain tolerance. What I do have is patience. As a fan for 47 years and a native Atlantan (that has spent at least 5 years of my life sitting in traffic), I've developed a high degree of patience. I have enjoyed this Smith-TD era, playoff failures and 2013 aside, and I'm hoping they can get us back in the hunt next season. As a fan, I'm even gonna pull for them! ohmy.png However, if we suck chrome off of bumper hitches in 2014 like we did this year, I'll be campaigning for change as well. In the meanwhile, there is no doubt in my patient mind that Smith has earned another shot and with the right tools and a little luck, he can get us over the hump and to the Promised Land, and he doesn't have to bring home a Lombardi in 2014, although that would be the sweetest thing I can possibly imagine. I'd have more fun than a barrel of monkeys giving it to folks like you in here should that happen! biggrin.pngtongue.pngbiggrin.png