Where Is The Falcons Pr Department?

Robb4242

While I don't think that Worrilow should necessarily win the award, I think it's awful that he's not even in the conversation for Defensive Rookie of the Year. That's just pathetic. Dude has 100 tackles on the year, by my count that's 2nd among all rookie defenders. More impressive is that he wasn't drafted to be a starter (**** he wasn't even drafted so that should be bonus points right there), so he's only started 9 games. That's an average of 11 tackles per start. He'd be looking at 143 and leading the entire NFL if he started from week 1 (I know the math isn't exactly right since he did play in some of the other games, but still). Guy is balling out there and is getting no national props the way he should be. Sure the year has sucked balls this season, but the PR department should get off their arses and promote this guy and get his name out there.

Guest King Jigsaw

That being the topic.. who will be up for the award? Who will win?

I haven't been keeping up with Kiko Alonso from the Bills but if he's still playing like he was at the beginning of the year he's gotta be near the top of the list.

That being the topic.. who will be up for the award? Who will win?

I haven't been keeping up with Kiko Alonso from the Bills but if he's still playing like he was at the beginning of the year he's gotta be near the top of the list.

He's at the top of most lists. 131 tackles, 4 INTs. He probably should be the award winner.

Others I've seen mentioned are:

Sheldon Richardson

Star Lotulelei

Tyrann Matthieu

These guys were 1st/2nd round picks who were expected to come in & contribute right away (except Mathieu who everybody knew was a 1st round talent, but a 7th grader maturity). None of them are surprises at all to be playing well. Worrilow was a UDFA who was a surprise just to make the roster. Nobody projected anything close to this for him. Again, while that & his numbers are probably not enough to win the award, he should be getting some mentions.

Guest King Jigsaw

These guys were 1st/2nd round picks who were expected to come in & contribute right away (except Mathieu who everybody knew was a 1st round talent, but a 7th grader maturity). None of them are surprises at all to be playing well. Worrilow was a UDFA who was a surprise just to make the roster. Nobody projected anything close to this for him. Again, while that & his numbers are probably not enough to win the award, he should be getting some mentions.

You'll get no arguments from me, Robb. I was simply trying to further the conversation so the thread doesn't die out. Your thread qualifies for TATF which prevents my transition to Around The NFL. I think Worrilow should definitely be getting some Honorable Mention type remarks from some of the higher powers but I doubt anyone from the Falcons D is going to be taken seriously enough to win any awards. I am really happy with both The Warlock and Trufant Island though.

Guest King Jigsaw

Playing in Buffalo....

Where in your post did you say that the player's team was who needed to be standing out?

I thought DROY was an individual player award, not a team award. Weird.

Where in your post did you say that the player's team was who needed to be standing out?

I thought DROY was an individual player award, not a team award. Weird.

"Standing out" as in being recognized around the NFL as in the running. He might be playing great but it might be futile because he's playing on a usually bad team in the Bills. Not much relevancy and not really enough star power to win an award.

He just doesn't have the hype that came in the draft, which is the reason why he went undrafted and isn't going to win the droty and even make the probowl this year.

This is my point. Falcons PR should be doing everything they can to get Worrilow's name out there. Call NFL Network &/or ESPN, Dan Patrick, whoever and get him an interview. What the guy has done is tremendously impressive & the only reason he's not getting any consideration is because he was a no-name going into the draft & then we laid an egg from week 1 as a team. But team results don't matter if you can get name recognition. Kiko is getting hype out of Buffalo and their season isn't any better than ours really, plus they have the recent history of losing on top of it. 100 tackles for a rookie is impressive enough, add to it that he didn't start or play that much prior to week 4, then consider he's playing MLB and making the playcalls & adjustments for the D. That's pretty dang impressive right there and he deserves to have his name at least mentioned in the conversation.