Stuck With Koetter!

wartownfalcon

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings about this myself. On one hand, I think Koetter has shown all he's got, but on the other hand I know our putrid OL has derailed anything good that even a great OC could put into play. If this team can somehow find some good OL talent, then things will improve on offense and it can keep our inept defense off the field more often than not.

A koetter led offense came within a couple of plays of going to the Super Bowl a year ago. He didn't forget how to coach- hard to run the same plays for D. Davis and expect J. Jones results.

This has been a cluster#### of a year. Everybody from TD to Smith to Ryan to the waterboy has made mistakes. Would expect Koetter to be back if he wants to be.

I have mixed feelings about this myself. On one hand, I think Koetter has shown all he's got, but on the other hand I know our putrid OL has derailed anything good that even a great OC could put into play. If this team can somehow find some good OL talent, then things will improve on offense and it can keep our inept defense off the field more often than not.

This is the O-line HE wanted. He has such a fixation on screens he that he wants O-line who are good on the move, can kick out into space quickly, and have swift feet. These were the MOs of Konz and Holmes in college. Such O-linemen are best suited for a zone blocking scheme since those are the traits that scheme demands. Despite this and their reported lack of strength, which again is something the ZBS does not require great amounts of, he stuck with a power man blocking scheme anyway, which they are terrible fits for. So do not excuse Koetter based on the performance of the O-line since it's his ******* fault the O-line is in this state. It is a confused mess because he's obsessed with screens.

Koetter isn't the problem. He hasn't been the problem. Psychic Gibbon makes some good points about the o-line, but I don't think it's necessarily his o-line. I think this offseason will address those issues.

I do agree we could move to a zone blocking scheme and vastly improve the o-line, but I also think we can replace some pieces and run a power man blocking scheme. Replacing the pieces is the key, and I'm unconvinced Koetter said "hey, go get me these guys." I think that's a Dimitroff problem, not a Koetter problem. But we will see.

This is the O-line HE wanted. He has such a fixation on screens he that he wants O-line who are good on the move, can kick out into space quickly, and have swift feet. These were the MOs of Konz and Holmes in college. Such O-linemen are best suited for a zone blocking scheme since those are the traits that scheme demands. Despite this and their reported lack of strength, which again is something the ZBS does not require great amounts of, he stuck with a power man blocking scheme anyway, which they are terrible fits for. So do not excuse Koetter based on the performance of the O-line since it's his ******* fault the O-line is in this state. It is a confused mess because he's obsessed with screens.

Believe me, I am not giving Koetter any passes. His job as the OC should be to play to the strengths of his offense while exploiting the weaknesses of the opposing D, and when you script the opening drive with 2 runs and a desperate pass on 3rd and long, then you (Koetter) are in denial of what your guys are capable of. The entire coaching staff has been hoping all year long that the guys they thought were good, would somehow show up.

We are actually lucky he stayed. Who knows what would have happened without him. Changing coordinators every couple of years is bad. Only reason he wasn't hired by Boise State is that Harsin agreed to take a little pay cut(per source in Boise)so he could be bought out. If that didn't happen Koetter was the guy here in Boise.

Boy I remember a year ago koetter was god around here. Amazing what mediocre qb execution can do to a coordinator.

WOW SMH....

It is hard for me to find fault with Koetter given the circumstances.

The worst O Line in the NFL and IMO it aint even close.

Horrible Line coaches and even worse S&C.

Absolutely wretched coach and player management by TD and Smitty.

But yeah WTF not make Koetter the scape goat.

Perish the thought that we pin the tail on Dimitroff.

Zone blocking isn't the problem. In a zone blocking scheme, you still have to be able to handle the guy in front of you, and nothing will ever change that, no matter what scheme you run. Don't pretend like he wanted several players that get their *** handed to them constantly.

I would have thought it was who Pat Hill wanted.

Colts offensive line is worse and Luck is leading them to a division title

Yes, but that's one weaka** division! Personally, I think with an improved O-Line, Kotter can get the job done...much like last year. Seems our real problem, as it was end of last year, is that we can't freakin' stop anyone. So why is Nolan not the one on the hotseat???

Yes, but that's one weaka** division! Personally, I think with an improved O-Line, Kotter can get the job done...much like last year. Seems our real problem, as it was end of last year, is that we can't freakin' stop anyone. So why is Nolan not the one on the hotseat???

Nolan has proven himself most years. He can't do much when his defense gets worn out from only getting a break for 4 plays while the offense goes three and out over and over.

Koetter was terrible in Jacksonville and this year

Colts offensive line is worse and Luck is leading them to a division title

I make a point of not engaging you, but if you have been watching football over the past 5 weeks,

you might have noticed that Luck ( and I'm a big fan ) has looked anything but great since Reggie Wayne went down.

In fact, he's looked really bad.

But of course that means he sucks.....he should be able to win no matter who his receivers are ;-)