Vs. Redskins Most Important Game Of The Year

Pyarakamil

This game may very well be the most important game of the year. With this season being such a BUST, this game actually has something riding on it, that something is a Top 2 draft pick. With next 2 Vs. 49ers and Panthers, both playoff teams, we'll most likely lose to them. With a win we may end the year with 4 wins and that would give us a pick somewhere between 4-8 pick. With a loss we pick 1st or 2nd overall, depending on how the Texans finish the year. Even though I would like to lose this game for a better draft pick, I don't see us losing this game. We've been playing better the last 3 games, Vs. NO, BUF, and GB even with 1-2 record in that span. The 2 losses were by combined 5 points. So we're at least playing close games, compared to the previous 3 which were blowouts. Hope Redskins get thing straightened out and play a good game, and we can keep it close to ultimately lose. Lets face it a win here means nothing. Next year we start with a clean slate and try to win as many games as possible. I just want top 2 picks to either trade down and add more picks, lets face it we need as much help as possible, or to draft Clowney if we don't get a good enough package to trade down.

Edited by Pyarakamil

Roughly around 3 billion why?

Sorry, I just don't think this game really matters. This is just another game not important at all if you look at everyone in the league that could be ahead of us, none really need a DE. There are more important Positions that they will be looking at.

This game isn't important. We will get good picks either way. If we win and pick a couple spots down, so be it, I bet our guy is still there, and if not TD will probably trade down and get some more picks (we still get a good deal from the #4ish pick).

In all the years TD has been a GM, I've not seen him trade down for a player, so if he thinks Clowney is really who he wants and we are picking 4-8 I don't think Clowney will be there for us to pick. So whoever has the 2nd pick, mostly likely the Rams if we win against the Redskins, will be trading down, and guess who will trade up again and lose valuable draft picks to get Clowney, that's right TD. TD traded up to get Julio who he really wanted, TD also traded up to get Trufant who he also wanted. So if he really wants Clowney I can see him trading up to get him, if we're not in position to get him.

Edited by Pyarakamil

If we win this game we will probably fall to spot 7-8 when it is all said and done. There is a big diff to draft number 2, 34, 66 than 8, 40 and 74. That might be a big difference in talent. And I really don't think the season will feel any better if our record is 4-12 compared to 3-13 - at least not in my world.

I agree with OP. Call us tankers but next season you'll happy with our place in the draft.

Tankers care about the future in a pointless season i.e. like saving for your child's college fund. Those that want a pointless win is like handing over that money to your child to blow i.e. having fun in the moment. Now start the name calling/insults (chromosomes) because of a difference of opinion.

No matter where we end up pick wise, TD has the knowhow to flip, flop and fly, getting us who we need with trade deals.

Yeah TD will flip flop our valuable draft picks to get who he wants, instead of trading down or staying put. More reason to lose to get as high a pick possible, so even TD can't screw it up.

I agree with OP. Call us tankers but next season you'll happy with our place in the draft.

Tankers care about the future in a pointless season i.e. like saving for your child's college fund. Those that want a pointless win is like handing over that money to your child to blow i.e. having fun in the moment. Now start the name calling/insults (chromosomes) because of a difference of opinion.

Excellent analogy.