Which Situation Would You Prefer?

JulioisCoolio

Let's say we do end up with the #2 pick after losing to the Redskins this weekend.

Let's also say Houston hires a defensive minded HC and they decide to take DE Jadavon Clowney to pair with Watt to form the best DE.

This leaves us sitting unbelievably pretty for a trade scenario with Teddy still being on the board.

Our old Pals the Cleveland Browns give us a ring as they have a ton of picks and desperately need a QB. Let's say they wind up with the 7th pick.

We tell the Browns that if they want their QB that we want #7, #24, #37 and DT Jabaal Sheard. They accept the trade and take QB Teddy Bridgewater.

This leaves us picking @ #7, #24, #34 and #37 and we've helped the DT situation

Draft something like this

#7 - Khalil Mack DE/OLB - Would instantly assume Biermanns role as a 'joker' in Nolans defense.

#24 - Antonio Richardson OT - Day one starter @ RT that plays for one of the most dominant OL's in the country. 6'6'' and almost 330.

#34 - Gabe Jackson OG - Right side of our line just got exponentially better with two picks.

#37 - Aaron Donald DT - We just acquired our two new DT's in Sheard and Donald. Now we don't have to resign Babs at an overpriced contract. Resign Peters and we've got a nice 3 man rotation.

This would leave us looking @ DE in FA and possibly a center for competition for Hawley and Konz.

My #1 target would be DE Lamaar Houston OAK. He is a complete DE. Plug and play starter @ LDE. He can play any position on the line.

This would leave our lines looking like this

DE - Osi

DT - Sheard

DT - Donald

DE - Houston

LT - Holmes (Baker will be hurt obviously)

LG - Blalock

C - Hawley/Konz/mid tier FA

RG - Jackson

RT - Richardson

Both of our lines would easily be much improved. We would have a sick LB corps of Spoon-Worrilow-Mack as well.

So would you prefer a scenario like this or would you rather have Clowney?

Guest King Jigsaw

1. Jabaal Sheard is not a defensive tackle.

2. That trade is ridiculous, which means everything after that is as well.

3. The Texans will not take Clowney. He's not a fit, and he's also not a need. They need a QB and with the number 1 pick and a new HC you best believe they're gonna get a new QB.

4. Asking "Would you rather we do this or would you rather have Clowney?" makes absolutely zero sense because Clowney was apparently taken by Houston before our pick and therefore isn't an option.

Your post was bad and you should feel bad.

1. Jabaal Sheard is not a defensive tackle.

2. That trade is ridiculous, which means everything after that is as well.

3. The Texans will not take Clowney. He's not a fit, and he's also not a need. They need a QB and with the number 1 pick and a new HC you best believe they're gonna get a new QB.

4. Asking "Would you rather we do this or would you rather have Clowney?" makes absolutely zero sense because Clowney was apparently taken by Houston before our pick and therefore isn't an option.

Your post was bad and you should feel bad.

because I got high....

Coulda swore that Jabaal was a DT.

I dont think peters would resign to be a backup, i like it but i still think our oline should be filled with young vets and an extra young guard should be taken in the second, besides that id go DE 1st, OG 2nd (i like gabe jackson), and then DT 3rd, and DT 4th, in this situation i gues guard and DT in the second and then DT in the third or fourth