Someone Good With The Salary Cap Numbers..

arabfalcon

Although Decoud sucks, the secondary is going to be just fine as long as we can get a D-Line that can get consistent pressure. Adding an expensive safety like Byrd only looks good on the depth chart but takes money away from signing an O or D- lineman.

Same with Nicks. Teams have won superbowls with worse receiving corps than Julio, Roddy, Douglas so that isn't a need.

Other than making moves for cheap FA at those positions, I only want to see big moves made in the trenches. Anything else is an abomination.

Although Decoud sucks, the secondary is going to be just fine as long as we can get a D-Line that can get consistent pressure. Adding an expensive safety like Byrd only looks good on the depth chart but takes money away from signing an O or D- lineman.

Same with Nicks. Teams have won superbowls with worse receiving corps than Julio, Roddy, Douglas so that isn't a need.

Other than making moves for cheap FA at those positions, I only want to see big moves made in the trenches. Anything else is an abomination.

Jimmy Graham.

i agree. Decoud sucks but with a D-line that can get after the qb and stop the run his suckiness will be covered up a little.

yeah it wil be possible but I doubt it happens.

We are not going to sign another wr to big money ( although I could see a draft pick on a slot type guy to challenge HD)

Byrd will be nice but I doubt that happens either.

Mack is interesting but he is overrated imo ( despite him and Thomas the best LT in the game the browns still have a crappy line)

We should have 30ish million to spend so all 4 are possible.........very possible

but I doubt it happens.............highly doubt it happens

Totally agree, assessing coverage abilities without a good dline is like evaluating the quarterback without a good oline, but that is not my biggest concern with the Falcons' safeties. Coverage abilties will improve with a dline, but tackling is my biggest concern. Our safeties, along with a good many others, have to improve in this area. It is a concern of the NFL as a whole, but tackling is becoming a lost art replaced by the big hit. Yet, the big hit is not guaranteed to bring anyone down. I am not sure it is lack of talent in our safeties or just a lack of ever being taught proper technique.

I think a new coaching position is in desperated need, and that is a tackling coach. Call it ridiculous if you like, but this skill seems to have been taken for granted. Size and speed in evaluating a player, should never hold more weight than their ability to tackle. Too many Falcons' defensive players have had runners in their sights only to miss or fail to bring them down, and this is especially apparent with the Falcons' safeties. They need to work on it.