Mike Glennon = Matt Ryan?

JabooAlwaysWins

Also it seems to me that both Qbs in their rookie years have been carried by the run game and the defense.

I've been impressed with Glennon - I've posted as much in other threads. Ryan has been a top 12 QB in the league IMO, not elite, but a QB that you can build around, so Glennon can surpass him, but if he matches Ryan's level of success then I think you guys would take that.

And you're quite right, Ryan in his rookie year was very much a game-manager who relied on Turner.

But before you or any another Bucs fan or Ryan hater disputes it, let me know when Glennon has the kind of passing year Ryan had last year with a bottom-feeding running-game and a team that was 25th in total D (like the Falcons were last year).

Edited by Bart2Ryan+beyond

Not his fault, but being on the coat tails of Turner though doesn't put Ryan on a level above all other young qbs though, when comparing the start of their careers.

Glennon is a very good match-up to Ryan. I think Glennon may have a slightly better arm though.

No question about the Arm thing Glennon's got a cannon.

Saw him up close in Raleigh. Dude can slang a pigskin.

Edited by Rewind

Lol I'm just putting the comparison...Ryan hasn't been as impressive as he should have been and I'd like for Glennon to have more success than Ryan if he's going to be our starting QB.

Ryan wasn't drafted to be impressive. Ryan was drafted for stability, safety and consistency. We tried to draft a play make it worked until he went to jail for dog fighting. If you think about it, makes sense considering the season previous the events that took place. The most important things at that time was stability.