Stickin' With My Coach, My Quarterback, My General Manager, Etc.

Supes™

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to articulate the above sentiment many times. I've never pulled it off as concisely as you did here. Well done.

I want them to win. I'll go so far as to say, based on historical data, I'd be suprised if they didn't win.

Everyone wants a winner. What they don't want is their ear pi$$ed in and told its rain.

laugh.png Swifty got that crystal ball working overtime this morning!

Anyone can predict the future. I predict I'm gonna win the lotto this week, but I probably won't.

...especially when those predictions are always doom and gloom predictions of failure, in a league where the chances of winning a title are a lowly 1 in 32.

Swifts actions are the equivalent of predicting that you neighbours lottery ticket isn't going to be a winner and then claiming to be some great soothsayer when his numbers don't come up.

hard to say toughness and thrive when he slides instead of lowering his shoulder and trying for a TD vs Saints

Funny how you bring stuff up like this but forget stuff when he got his leg bent back underneath him against the Lions a couple of seasons back,everyone thought he was gone yet he trotted himself back out there and led the team to victory please.

Show me a QB in this league that lowers the shoulder on a consistent basis??????

Remember when RG3 lowered the shoulder against us the last time we played what happen Spoon knocked 7 shades of shite out of him and renamed him RG2 for the rest of the game.

I'm telling you best be coming up with better retorts than this as the above is weak as pig shite.

...especially when those predictions are always doom and gloom predictions of failure, in a league where the chances of winning a title are a lowly 1 in 32.

Swifts actions are the equivalent of predicting that you neighbours lottery ticket isn't going to be a winner and then claiming to be some great soothsayer when his numbers don't come up.

so you're saying swift is stating the obvious? That Ryan is mediocre? Edited by Matty Melts

Nothing was wrong with Ryan and came back in play vs Detroit . Just cause his ankle twist and look bad doesnt mean he was hurt . Thats the difference between tough and having an inner thrive . Has Ryan taken some hits yeah he has thats the nature of the beast but he is no different from EVERY QB that has played . You are going to get hit. I can show you brutal hits Luck has taken already ..Ryan also in his soph season missed a couple of games with TURF TOE

luck-hit-10-7-121.gif

How bout playing behind a sub standard o-line for 6 seasons and still producing.

If nothing was wrong with Ryan why did he have to leave the field then if there was nothing wrong like you say?

I can mention many a game where Ryan has been punished like that clip you have above we'll see if Luck is still upright after 6 years of it.

OK though keep going back to the QB who lowers the shoulder though hahahahahaha.

Why is it you use that weak line we just want a SB but in the next sentence your criticizing everything Ryan or the FO do but then come up with your keeping it real and hindsight type posts.

Why bother posting you are clearly not a fan of this team or this regime you don't like how we are coached,you disappear like a thief in the night when we win.

Whats your deal.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Like this ?

Andrew-Luck-hit-by-Von-Miller-and-Chris-Harris.gif

Again so what show me how many QB's in the league lower the shoulder ????

Why don't you come up with that stat vs them sliding again you got the hater aid out again you are only proving you are not a fan of this team.

OR YOUR LIKE THE FALCONS HAVE BEEN YOUR USED TO BEING BEATEN LIKE A RED HEADED STEP CHILD.

Don't think I've noticed anyone bring facts to swift. Just personal attacks.

Post #110:

Do you even watch the Falcons at all. With Roddy banged up most of the year, Julio out and Tony G. a shadow of himself who is on the team that can even test the seams or run a straight fly or go? Plus, on this Luck snippet he has a fairly clean pocket with very little push right through the A gaps...a luxury Ryan is rarely afforded.

And there are a few other responses to this guy where people aren't attacking...but I guess folks see what they wanna see.

I would assume you are referring to me since you replied to a post that Supes directed towards me. You couldn't possibly be more wrong. You are out to left field with you assumptions. I hate the way he coaches. I hate his mentality. I hate his demeanor. I hate how he refuses to hold players accountable. I hate how the team comes out flat in the third quarter game after game and he can't fix it. I hate how conservative he is. Take read at Gritz post, he puts it a little more eloquently. Your talking about wins and losses. We are talking about coaching ability and the potential or lack there of to coach the team to a Super Bowl. I'm not saying that he has to win the Super Bowl every year to make me happy, but I have to feel like there is the potential to win the Super Bowl in any given year. I don't get that feeling with him at the helm. It always feels like no lead is safe, because it's not.

Regarding my post I see where you are coming from now. Did you think I was using some back-door method of criticizing you specifically? If so then FR, I do apologize. I don't think I have ever responded to a post thru a third party before, I can see now where it wasn't a good way of doing things. I won't do that again. If I reply to your post it will be specifically you from now on, like normal.

I was responding more to your comment, taking it generically as it applies to the bandwagon mentality that is so prevalent here (and no I do not believe you fit that description FR). The grass is greener on the other side attitude that cannot understand that in the end talent is the primary factor in determing football games. A lot of times the good teams are the ones where the coaches just get out of the way. Our team is a lot of things but extremely talented is not one of them. Smitty has failings I know, I agree with you on some of your points.

My point is, Smitty has tons of positives to go along with whatever negatives he has. The man has no ego to stroke, no agenda, plays no favorites. He puts the guys on the field that he thinks gives him the best chance to win. So far he has done pretty well.

Edited by egoprime II

I am with you Supes. Make room in that hole !

There's no arguing that this has been a season to forget. Disappointing, miserable, abysmal,... all that. And there's no doubt that the Falcons need help on several fronts, specifically in the trenches. We desperately need some maulers 'n brawlers on the lines. We need better run and pass blocking, we need a better pass rush, better tackling, and we need an identity with an attitude that doesn't collapse in the 2nd half like a cheap lawn chair. These things are addressable in the draft and free agency, and the 2014 draft promises to be deep relative to our needs.

I'm not one to throw out the baby with the bath water and I think we have some very good pieces in place, especially on offense. And I think we have a very good coach! But look, folks, I'm no "blind homer". I salute the logo, not the man wearing it. Coaches, GM's and players come and go but the team will always be "the team". I'm stickin' with the nucleus of what we have now (Smith, TD, Ryan, etc.), not because I think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and above criticism, but rather because I know and understand that these guys will be our leaders next season and I want them to succeed and not fail!

The worm turned on us this year and it's been hard to watch and experience, but it can turn back just as quickly. We saw it in 2008 when most "experts" had us winning one or two games and we ended up in the playoffs. And while our postseason play under Smitty and crew has been less than admirable, at least we were there and that's still worth mentioning,...in the playoffs 4 out of the previous 5 years. "Not good enough!", you say? "Mediocre!", you say? Nobody is a fan of mediocrity and we all want the same thing, a Lombardi (dammit!), just like every fan of every team in the NFL. But I think 4 out of the 5 previous seasons were at least a step above "mediocre", playoff failures aside.

So here's a simple question: Knowing that the nucleus of this team (more specifically, Smitty and TD), will remain intact at least through 2014, do you want them to succeed, or do you want them to fail because you want them fired now? Because if you want them to fail in 2014 because of 2013, you be sure and stay the hail outta my foxhole if WW III breaks out next week!

This might be the only post I've made on here this season, but since it was started by my good friend Supes and since the subject is such a serious one I thought I'd throw my opinion in the mix.

It's a given since I'm a lifelong Falcon fan I want this team to succeed...so to answer one of the apparent subset questions 'Do I want this team to succeed in 2014?" the answer from me is an obvious and enthusiastic yes.

Unfortunately though I have come to the conclusion that the combination of Smith and Dimitroff can only achieve a certain level of success....admirable regular season records which may or may not include NFC South titles as part of that package.

I don't believe this particular pairing can bring a Lombardi trophy to Atlanta. Dimitroff has a serious blind spot when it comes to picking for the trenches. This "cross-training Boy Scouts" handbook isn't working and needs to be thrown out. We need some beastly players along both lines and with only a couple of possible exceptions we don't have them.

Smith is a good "people manager" and a good organizational guy but he simply gets routinely out-coached by the Paytons, Reids and Belichicks of the NFL. He's way too much of a "play not to lose" kind of coach instead of being a "boot to the throat" guy. I think because he "plays not to lose" that filters down to the team and is one possible explanation as to why this team comes out so routinely flat every 3rd quarter. The end of the Seattle playoff game last year almost made me want to throw up. Smith and Ryan both looked like deer in the headlights....Frightened, scared.

I don't want a coach or a GM who "plays not to lose"....plays it safe, cross-trains players because they're missing on draft picks.

They have earned one offseason to right this ship....and in some sense I believe they will. We'll have a weaker schedule next year because of the horrible season we had and of course we'll be picking high in each round...

But these 2 men have been here for 6 seasons now. If I thought I saw any ability on either or both men's part to change their individual or collective way they approach building and fielding this team my support would be stronger. But I don't see it.

These 2 won't be the 2 who win a championship for Atlanta.

My opinion. Hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Great to see you post Gritz...hope you are doing well!

Great to see you post Gritz...hope you are doing well!

Thanks McMVP. Hope you're doing well also. Doubt seriously if I'm coming back. This place is like a beach now littered with medical waste. Hard to find a place to walk.

Your take that Ryan needs Julio to attack downfield is off based tho cause look what Foles is doing with Riley Cooper . Is Riley Cooper some top tier talented wr ?

I have no interest in having an ongoing conversation with you. You never give an inch or consider the point the other person is making. That constitutes a conversation.

See, I can tell you things, but I can't make you understand them.

See ya.

Thanks McMVP. Hope you're doing well also. Doubt seriously if I'm coming back. This place is like a beach now littered with medical waste. Hard to find a place to walk.

Agree with McMVP, good to see you here. There are good football conversations here still, do have to dig a little deeper to find them.