Hba 2014 Mock Draft V.3

What game have you seen him play that leads you to the conclusion that he is the one player we must have on this team, other than you being his #1 fan in a fan club of 5? This is where I scratch my head a say okay this guys is calling me stupid but he has no real reason for liking a guy!

No, it fails for other reasons too, but that was what jumped out at me first, and yes, I'm a big fan of Schraeder. I have been since we signed him, and I do believe that he'll be competing next year to start at RT. He's only ben playing football for about 4 and half years now, and he's only getting better.

clabo, robinson, Abe and Turner don't count towards the formula. Grimes and Walker get cancelled out by Jackson and Osi. Owens and Svitek are minimum deals and don't qualify. Sorry dude.

Tek signed for 910K and Owens for 1 million. Most years 900k is enough and 1 million most definitely will be enough to count.

Heck McClown's 840k might net us a 7th.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

Last year the cutoff was about 900,000. We got a 7th for Kelvin Hayden. It won't be much more this year. Meanwhile Grimes' salary falls more into the 4th round range vs 5th round range for Sjax and Osi. He's also contributed more than either of them, putting his worth even higher. He'll net us a 4th. Walker will be canceled out, and one of Owens/Svitek will as well. The other should net us a 7th, and McCown may as well.

That's not how it works. Not even close. I just explained exactly how it worked.

Here's how it works for the Compensatory picks:

DE Lawrence Sidbury - 1 yr, 780k (Veteran minimum for EXP) - DOES NOT QUALIFY

QB Luke McCown - 1 yr, 840k (Veteran minimum for EXP) - DOES NOT QUALIFY

CB Dunta Robinson - cut - DOES NOT QUALIFY

DE John Abraham - cut - DOES NOT QUALIFY

OT Tyson Clabo - cut - DOES NOT QUALIFY

CB Brent Grimes - 1 yr, 5.3M - Qualifies - 4th round pick level

DT Vance Walker - 1 yr, 2.0M - Qualifies - 6th round pick level

CB Cristopher Owens - 1 yr, 1M - Might Qualify at 7th round pick level

So Falcons lost 1 4th value, 1 6th value and 1 maybe 7th value

HOWEVER, Falcons signed:

DE Osi Umenyiora - 2 yr, 8.5M (4.25 AVG) - 4th-5th round pick fringe level

RB Steven Jackson - 3 yrs, 12.0M (4.00 AVG) - 4th-5th round pick fringe level

Comp picks cancel out even if it's a 4th vs. 6th in terms of total numbers. so 3 losses vs. 2 signings. That means Atlanta gets a 7th if Owens qualifies, otherwise a "net-value" 7th is most likely.

im not sure murphy falls to the second, but im still feeling like we should fill right tackle and guard in free agency then draft a young guard early to learn and take over for blalock eventually. I dont hate the mock but there are alot of things on here that i wouldnt even consider personally, i feel like you killed all our vet young depth and tried to patch it with a bunch of unproven rookies. Recipe for disaster IMO

Oh and you counted five linebackers on the roster but only listed four. Just another quick catch lol

Should Murphy not drop to the second round Kareem Martin would be a nice contingency plan.

So this is the world famous Schaeder, who we want to start right tackle next year?

http://www.packers.c...c0-325736228b19

4 Total years of football, all at Div II, and still no worse than Trueblood. Seems pretty impressive to me. I'm, definitely, excited to see what he can do, with another year of experience, and hopefully a better Oline coach. Oh, and lol at the bitter old thread bump. laugh.png

Edited by hjerry

4 Total years of football, all at Div II, and still no worse than Trueblood. Seems pretty impressive to me. I'm, definitely, excited to see what he can do, with another year of experience, and hopefully a better Oline coach. Oh, and lol at the bitter old thread bump. laugh.png

A lot of what if's!

And you think me posting had anything to do with bumping a thread! Dude either you are young or stupid, maybe both. I've been on this board for about 7 years, I barely post a thread **** even comment threads and you think I'm concern about bump 1 of 6 I will post this year. Would you rather I post a whole new thread just to point out a guy you project to start next year get humiliated.

Edited by head busta from augusta

A lot of what if's!

And you think me posting had anything to do with bumping a thread! Dude either you are young or stupid, maybe both. I've been on this board for about 7 years, I barely post a thread **** even comment threads and you think I'm concern about bump 1 of 6 I will post this year. Would you rather I post a whole new thread just to point out a guy you project to start next year get humiliated.

You bumped this thread, for the sole purpose of trying to argue this point. I have no idea what your real age is, but it shows that your mental age is pretty young. If I turn out wrong, feel free to bump this thread again to gloat, since that seems to be your primary goal anyway. Have a good day.biggrin.png

You bumped this thread, for the sole purpose of trying to argue this point. I have no idea what your real age is, but it shows that your mental age is pretty young. If I turn out wrong, feel free to bump this thread again to gloat, since that seems to be your primary goal anyway. Have a good day.biggrin.png

Sir please refer to your first response to "MY" thread and tell you would not expect anyone else to react the same way.

Sir please refer to your first response to "MY" thread and tell you would not expect anyone else to react the same way.

Well, for the record, I will apologize if I offended you with my first post. (everything else was escalation in response). It wasn't meant to offend, per se. However, having said that, I stand my the strength of the statement. No offense meant, but I do still think that it's stupid to write off Schraeder. He has mounds of potential, and will only continue to improve. I've been on his side since we signed him, so this isn't necessarily based on NFL game, footage, but what I saw of him, coming out of Valdosta. Still though, I could have been nicer, so, for the record, I'll apologize if I offended you. Language like that is common on these boards, and sometimes, I get into it too.

Well, for the record, I will apologize if I offended you with my first post. (everything else was escalation in response). It wasn't meant to offend, per se. However, having said that, I stand my the strength of the statement. No offense meant, but I do still think that it's stupid to write off Schraeder. He has mounds of potential, and will only continue to improve. I've been on his side since we signed him, so this isn't necessarily based on NFL game, footage, but what I saw of him, coming out of Valdosta. Still though, I could have been nicer, so, for the record, I'll apologize if I offended you. Language like that is common on these boards, and sometimes, I get into it too.

Thank you and this is very big of you! As far as the discussion about Schaeder, it is just that an open dialogue about players and this team. When I create mocks I expect most people to disagree, that's why I create the subtitle embrace the hate. At this point we will just have to agree to disagree with Schaeder!