Matt Ryan - May Not Be The Leader He Is Made Out To Be

Matt Ryan, great QB, great guy, nice man to his wife and to the community. Watching this year there have been instances where I have seen the offensive line get pretty upset. Yesterday in the GB game, Joe Hawley was practically screaming at Matt Ryan while Ryan was doing his best to ignore him and act like "Tom Brady." Why was Hawley upset? The play was during the later part of the game and was a second down passing play if I recall. Matt drops back, pressure gets in his face and he dumps off a lazy pass to the RB which was incomplete, may have been Rodgers, but it eventually killed the drive. Joe Hawley turns around and starts yelling at Ryan.

Lamar Holmes in a game this year, was called for a false start and the camera was in his face, only to catch him saying, "Just snap the ******* ball." I think there is a major problem with the offensive line and Matt Ryan because Matt wants to snap the ball at random times or make everyone wait when it isn't necessary. Matt Ryan has Tom Brady attitude, without the rings and with out the big game clutch.

Here is my message to Matt Ryan, **** you, your not **** until you get a ring and stop acting like you deserve the biggest contract for being a mediocre QB who can't truly lead his team to win. Matt has had great games which is fine and dandy, but we need a leader who energizes the team.

Just talking, I don't care what the marks think, but Mike Smith has to go.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You read into things. And obviously ou have never played football in your life.

Agreed, the reason he snaps calls the hike at random times is throw off the opposing teams defense, to see if they are blitzing or play run, and to maybe get an encroachment penalty, also sometimes he waits to read the defense, zone, man, zone blitz, etc....it's called football, go check out manning...he does the same thing, I don't see where you think Ryan acts just like Brady, if anything...Ryan doesn't show enough emotion.....like brady does

Agreed, the reason he snaps calls the hike at random times is throw off the opposing teams defense, to see if they are blitzing or play run, and to maybe get an encroachment penalty, also sometimes he waits to read the defense, zone, man, zone blitz, etc....it's called football, go check out manning...he does the same thing, I don't see where you think Ryan acts just like Brady, if anything...Ryan doesn't show enough emotion.....like brady does

I love how when Brady flips out and starts cussing refs and screaming and yelling like a child he's 'showing emotion' but when Dez or somebody else does it he's a cancer.....

Brady can take his helmet off (penalty) yell at refs, cuss at refs and do whatever he wants and nothing is ever said about it. Anybody else does that crap and it's unsportsmanlike conduct every time.

I love how when Brady flips out and starts cussing refs and screaming and yelling like a child he's 'showing emotion' but when Dez or somebody else does it he's a cancer.....

Brady can take his helmet off (penalty) yell at refs, cuss at refs and do whatever he wants and nothing is ever said about it. Anybody else does that crap and it's unsportsmanlike conduct every time.

True

LOLOL...I'd get plastered to the message board wall if I created a thread such as this...LOL!!

Fair or not , certain people become like broken records and start sounding more like trolls than a person discussing the Falcons in a legitimate and rational way. Just how it is. If you bring the same sh*t everyday over and over then people tend to tune you out. Thats how the world works.

Matt Ryan, great QB, great guy, nice man to his wife and to the community. Watching this year there have been instances where I have seen the offensive line get pretty upset. Yesterday in the GB game, Joe Hawley was practically screaming at Matt Ryan while Ryan was doing his best to ignore him and act like "Tom Brady." Why was Hawley upset? The play was during the later part of the game and was a second down passing play if I recall. Matt drops back, pressure gets in his face and he dumps off a lazy pass to the RB which was incomplete, may have been Rodgers, but it eventually killed the drive. Joe Hawley turns around and starts yelling at Ryan.

Lamar Holmes in a game this year, was called for a false start and the camera was in his face, only to catch him saying, "Just snap the ******* ball." I think there is a major problem with the offensive line and Matt Ryan because Matt wants to snap the ball at random times or make everyone wait when it isn't necessary. Matt Ryan has Tom Brady attitude, without the rings and with out the big game clutch.

Here is my message to Matt Ryan, **** you, your not **** until you get a ring and stop acting like you deserve the biggest contract for being a mediocre QB who can't truly lead his team to win. Matt has had great games which is fine and dandy, but we need a leader who energizes the team.

Who knows what was being said. Chances are that Hawley was talking out of his ***, and was completely wrong. Ryan is far greater a player than Hawley, so maybe Hawley needs to get on the same page.

Not saying Hawley or Holmes are in any position to complain, but given our OL's very obvious limitations, I do sometimes wonder if all the constant pre-snap audibles are too much for them, and one or two of them are ending up on the wrong page with the run blocking or protections. Obviously you don't need to stay in a play that looks like it isn't going to work, but unless I am just imagining things, it seems like every time Ryan is back there yelling "express! express! Omaha! Baltimore!" over and over, the result is just something else that doesn't work. Of course, that may just be a product of our offense being garbage.

Just please delete the thread bro. It is so far off course.

Just the premise of Hawley and Surelock leading Ryan is fkn comical at best.

There's no way possible we can be satisifed with Matt Ryans play .... For somebody who makes a 100 million he suppose to be out there looking like Russell Wilson by the way who only make 600 thousand .... Ryan has been out played by Brees, Glennon, Brady, A. Smith, R. Wilson, Newton, Tannehill, G. Smith, and Flynn .... By the way D.Davis looked better than him as well when he got in the game .... Yes I know the OL has been BAD but when u are a 100 million dollar QB you have to step up at all times ... The line looked decent yesterday and Ryan was staring the target down .... If you ask me we need to ask Mr. Matty Melt to renegotiate next year and Draft a potential Starter at QB .....