Can Someone Explain To Me

apl2g

Why do some of you guys on this board still want this team to win anymore this year? What GOOD does a win do for this team this year? And don't give me that pride crap! These are grown men getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play at the top level of their game! They have plenty of pride. All wins will do now is drop them in the draft order. Which would or could do more harm.

The only people that would benefit from this team winning would be unreasonable fans. Fans who don't look at the big picture.

If you are a reasonable fan that looks at the big picture and looks at the future of this team would be ok with them losing this season. I'm not saying tank the games but get some younger guys some playing time and see what they have.

If they get a top 3 pick they have the chance of getting a guy who could really help turn this team around. Could they draft a guy at 6-10 that could do that too? Of course but I feel like there is a lot less chance of a bust at 2-3 than there is at 6-10. They can draft a guy who can give Matt that split second longer to get the ball down field. Or they can draft a guy to get after the opposing qb and improve the D.

I hate to see this team lose but this season is over and it's time to start looking at the future of the team!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some of you guys on this board still want this team to win anymore this year? What GOOD does a win do for this team this year? And don't give me that pride crap! These are grown men getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play at the top level of their game! They have plenty of pride. All wins will do now is drop them in the draft order. Which would or could do more harm.

The only people that would benefit from this team winning would be unreasonable fans. Fans who don't look at the big picture.

If you are a reasonable fan that looks at the big picture and looks at the future of this team would be ok with them losing this season. I'm not saying tank the games but get some younger guys some playing time and see what they have.

If they get a top 3 pick they have the chance of getting a guy who could really help turn this team around. Could they draft a guy at 6-10 that could do that too? Of course but I feel like there is a lot less chance of a bust at 2-3 than there is at 6-10. They can draft a guy who can give Matt that split second longer to get the ball down field. Or they can draft a guy to get after the opposing qb and improve the D.

I hate to see this team lose but this season is over and it's time to start looking at the future of the team!

I think most of the people that find everything wrong with a fan's opinion on here are trolls and they are unaware of it. No matter the topic I've found many of the veteran posters on here just argue and try to belittle fans. I will honestly say this is the worst forum I'm apart of and it's suppose to be a place for fans to interact and not just flame.

Cause I paid 1500 for my tickets. If they wanna tank send me my money back.

I paid 1600 so I know your pain. Without the playoffs or no hopes of a playoffs...I already crapped my money down the drain. I enjoy just watching the Falcons be competitive right now. Because it was a streak in which we weren't even competitive.

Let's be honest here. This is a topic that has been absolutely beaten to death. There is no harm in wanting your favorite team to win even in a losing season. Fans just want to see there team win plain and simple. Everyone should have common sense to know that losing means we'll draft higher, but they can still want to see the team win regardless.

I feel your pain dude and kind of agree with you.

I'm thinking even the Falcons couldn't screw up a really high pick....but if there's another Ryan Leaf out there,

we're likely to find him.

Bad logic. The Falcons need to play hard so Dimitroff and Smith can gauge talent. I think the last three weeks have shown there is some talent out there that is developing. While it is certainly nice to get a high draft pick, if the FO does not have an accurate assessment of the talent on the field, they could end up getting rid of someone who can do the job, waste a pick filling the space, and then have a true need go unaddressed.

Bad logic. The Falcons need to play hard so Dimitroff and Smith can gauge talent. I think the last three weeks have shown there is some talent out there that is developing. While it is certainly nice to get a high draft pick, if the FO does not have an accurate assessment of the talent on the field, they could end up getting rid of someone who can do the job, waste a pick filling the space, and then have a true need go unaddressed.

this man knows what hes talking about.

Here's another point.

I don't understand the tanker mentally. Most of the people wanting to tank also want TD and Smitty gone due to their inability to draft "good players" or develop talent. If that's the case what's the point on having a high pick if they are just gonna screw it up. There is no such thing as a guaranteed superstar in the top 5. If having pride isn't an excuse neither is having a sure fire draft pick. You can't be on both sides of the fence. It's either losing out with the faith TD and Smitty can fix things in the off season or you just wanna lose cause your a hater/troll. People paid good money to watch this team perform. If you drop as much or more then me every year on this team, you wouldn't even think this nonsense. In the eyes of a franchise a STH is more valuable then the casual buy a hat stay at home fan. If this team tanks I'm not renewing my seats. That's $1500 blank just lost and none of the "tankers" are going to replace my financial contributions made to this team.

Never knew these boards were so full of situation ethicists.

My ethics haven't changed, just my team's situation. Always want the best for the Falcons, which is a championship. Is it possible to win a championship this yea? No, then winning one next year becomes the goal.

What all the anti-tankers refuse to admit is that winning stops being the most important thing when the playoffs are out of reach

I don't understand the tanker mentally. Most of the people wanting to tank also want TD and Smitty gone due to their inability to draft "good players" or develop talent. If that's the case what's the point on having a high pick if they are just gonna screw it up. There is no such thing as a guaranteed superstar in the top 5. If having pride isn't an excuse neither is having a sure fire draft pick. You can't be on both sides of the fence. It's either losing out with the faith TD and Smitty can fix things in the off season or you just wanna lose cause your a hater/troll. People paid good money to watch this team perform. If you drop as much or more then me every year on this team, you wouldn't even think this nonsense. In the eyes of a franchise a STH is more valuable then the casual buy a hat stay at home fan. If this team tanks I'm not renewing my seats. That's $1500 blank just lost and none of the "tankers" are going to replace my financial contributions made to this team.

Reality is that they've already lost a chunk of STHs because of this season. Best way to get them back or replace them is another winning season next year. Best way to do that is with really high draft picks.

Reality is also that TV money dwarfs STH money. As much as Blank really would hate to lose you as a STH, not going to hurt him any financially.

So, did they tank yesterday? Did they try to tank in BUF and the Bills gave it back to them? Do you consider playing youngsters tanking?

I don't want Smith and TD gone and I'm a tanker.

That I understand. But would you rather them win a few meaningless games this year or have a better chance of getting back to where they were last year?

I didn't give these folks my hard earned money so they can lose. I paid to watch my team compete for the chance at a Super Bowl not draft some kid who isn't gonna live up to the hype or is the answer to the problems on defense. Nobody paid money with the hopes of picking in the top 3 we paid for wins. Right now it's $500 per win that is not acceptable. I wanna win and I wanna win right now. IDGAF about next year or the upcoming draft prospects. Tomorrow's not promised to any of us let alone next year. Tanking does absolutely nothing positive for this team.