The Word "process" Explains Alot About Smitty

Bring It

It dawned on me recently that the word "Process" Smitty used early on upon his arrival as Falcon HC really defines what he's all about. I looked up the definition in Webster's..........."a series of actions or operations directed toward a particular result". You see, Smitty is all about STRUCTURE.......PLANS.......DETAILS. Nothing wrong with that.................UNTIL things break down, change..............like in a second half of an NFL game because your opponent is smart enough to adjust to your schemes. THERE is where Smitty is WEAK. Consistently

WEAK............a la 3-10.

Sometimes you can be TOO structured........too rigid..........too unable to change.

Process.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "process" has not been "executed" properly. Smith is not "resilient" enough to adapt when his process has been compromised. In other words he is in way over his head, both he and TD have to be the most over rated coach and gm tandem in the league. Not going anywhere with this outfit, cant wait to see what form the process takes on next year....I think the word panic would describe it as this regime scrambles to save its azz.

The "process" has not been "executed" properly. Smith is not "resilient" enough to adapt when his process has been compromised. In other words he is in way over his head, both he and TD have to be the most over rated coach and gm tandem in the league. Not going anywhere with this outfit, cant wait to see what form the process takes on next year....I think the word panic would describe it as this regime scrambles to save its azz.

very true words

When you get to a point where you are playing the perfect Mike Smith game (limit turnovers, commit very few penalties, win the time of possession) and still struggling to win, it's time to re-evaluate whether or not you want to keep going down that road.

ah, yes. Meekie Mikie. A man who brought a shining torch of hope to a cave town of dark despair. The first HC in Atlanta Falcon history to post back to back winning seasons, and then back to back again, plus one. All seems so rosy with the formerly forlorn Falcon franchise during that period, but alas, like the tiny cracks in the welds holding the Titanic together, the tiny cracks in Smith's seemingly impeccable HC skills were doomed to fail and send the team back into the depths of the NFL toilet.

What were the first warning signs? The first red flags that indicated things were not as rosy as they seemed? Go back to 2008. Falcons are supposedly going to finish last in the NFL, but instead storm into the post-season 11-5, earning a first-round bye and a home game in the second round vs Green Bay. The game starts and the Falcons look awesome, easily moving the ball on offense and stopping Green Bay on defense. Then, somehow a couple of mistakes and it's not the same game anymore. The Packers fight back, the Falcons collapse, and end up getting humiliated. It would be 2012 before the Falcons would finally win a play-off game under Smith. A game which was actually an embarrassment because the Falcons blew a commanding lead at home then had to bring off a miracle last-second comeback. The next week's game proved to be a carbon copy. Falcons take a lead, then collapse again. This time they don't come back and the 49ers win.

The play-off failures have not been the only problems, but they are symptomatic of Smith's worst failure as a HC: He has no clue how to coach a team up in big games. He has no clue how to win nationally televised games. He has no chance at beating teams with top-tier head coaches. In those games, Smitty is so far out-classed it's disgusting. His coaching prowess stops at beating bottom-feeder teams in regular season games. He pulls this off by using the other team's own ineptness against itself. That can only work against sub-par opponents. When he trots out Smittyball against the big boys in big games, he gets his azz handed to him just about every time.

Six years of this regime are really enough to know whether this HC ~ and this GM ~ have what it takes to get the Falcons to the Super Bowl. The answer to that question is a resounding, emphatic, irrevocable NO. Smith's coaching philosophy is far too simplistic in concept, too limited in implementation, too impotent to compete at the top level of the NFL. And finally, whatever his colloboration has been with TD in making personnel decisions, they've been sub-par at best and downright unacceptably poor at worst. Mike Smith is a nice guy, but he's not ever going to coach this team or any other team to a Super Bowl. That being the case, in the best interest of the franchise and the fans, it's time to pull the plug on this HC and this front office.

People are super paranoid in TATF that if Smith is fired, then the Falcons "will go back to being losers again like before." LOL. Guess what? There comes a point when you stop taking a losing race horse to the track and you start looking around and try to find a faster horse to represent your stable. That's what Blank has to do now, and he has to do a better job the next time around. Thanks to getting lucky with Matt Ryan and Turner the Burner, Mike Smith looked a whole lot smarter and better coach than he actually is for a long, long time. This charade of Smittyball ascendancy could easily have ended two or three years ago otherwise, instead of coming to a boil this year.

I spoke with Gritz today. and I believe that we\e were able to extrapolate the problem with Smitty.

On game day the coach needs to step back and just let the plavery play the game and only act

as advisors on the sideline and manage the game instead of chocking the life out of it.

ah, yes. Meekie Mikie. A man who brought a shining torch of hope to a cave town of dark despair. The first HC in Atlanta Falcon history to post back to back winning seasons, and then back to back again, plus one. All seems so rosy with the formerly forlorn Falcon franchise during that period, but alas, like the tiny cracks in the welds holding the Titanic together, the tiny cracks in Smith's seemingly impeccable HC skills were doomed to fail and send the team back into the depths of the NFL toilet.

What were the first warning signs? The first red flags that indicated things were not as rosy as they seemed? Go back to 2008. Falcons are supposedly going to finish last in the NFL, but instead storm into the post-season 11-5, earning a first-round bye and a home game in the second round vs Green Bay. The game starts and the Falcons look awesome, easily moving the ball on offense and stopping Green Bay on defense. Then, somehow a couple of mistakes and it's not the same game anymore. The Packers fight back, the Falcons collapse, and end up getting humiliated. It would be 2012 before the Falcons would finally win a play-off game under Smith. A game which was actually an embarrassment because the Falcons blew a commanding lead at home then had to bring off a miracle last-second comeback. The next week's game proved to be a carbon copy. Falcons take a lead, then collapse again. This time they don't come back and the 49ers win.

The play-off failures have not been the only problems, but they are symptomatic of Smith's worst failure as a HC: He has no clue how to coach a team up in big games. He has no clue how to win nationally televised games. He has no chance at beating teams with top-tier head coaches. In those games, Smitty is so far out-classed it's disgusting. His coaching prowess stops at beating bottom-feeder teams in regular season games. He pulls this off by using the other team's own ineptness against itself. That can only work against sub-par opponents. When he trots out Smittyball against the big boys in big games, he gets his azz handed to him just about every time.

Six years of this regime are really enough to know whether this HC ~ and this GM ~ have what it takes to get the Falcons to the Super Bowl. The answer to that question is a resounding, emphatic, irrevocable NO. Smith's coaching philosophy is far too simplistic in concept, too limited in implementation, too impotent to compete at the top level of the NFL. And finally, whatever his colloboration has been with TD in making personnel decisions, they've been sub-par at best and downright unacceptably poor at worst. Mike Smith is a nice guy, but he's not ever going to coach this team or any other team to a Super Bowl. That being the case, in the best interest of the franchise and the fans, it's time to pull the plug on this HC and this front office.

People are super paranoid in TATF that if Smith is fired, then the Falcons "will go back to being losers again like before." LOL. Guess what? There comes a point when you stop taking a losing race horse to the track and you start looking around and try to find a faster horse to represent your stable. That's what Blank has to do now, and he has to do a better job the next time around. Thanks to getting lucky with Matt Ryan and Turner the Burner, Mike Smith looked a whole lot smarter and better coach than he actually is for a long, long time. This charade of Smittyball ascendancy could easily have ended two or three years ago otherwise, instead of coming to a boil this year.

Well said. Same can be said about Richt and UGA.

I'm not going to right an essay about Mike Smith. I think it's easily summed up by just looking at our 2nd half statistics. There is not a worse 3rd quarter team in football, and it's been that way for awhile now. I think the word 'adjustments' is overrated, but whatever the fck is going on at halftime equates to us looking like a monkey trying to fck a football in the 3rd quarter.

Guest Cally307a

after calling him out and belittling him, posting video proof of 4 different presser opening up for questions to daryl,

he now opened up for questions with JOHN LOLOLOL

We are moving forward folks

but why i really wanted to post was because when asked about dirk coetter smitty had no clue what was going on with it. LOL I think Coetter knows the ship is sinking and hes moving on from us if possible. The fact that he is interviewing alone signals severe issues

on another note, for all you injury folks thinking thats why we cant win, look at the bears. They have so many injuries on defense, their defense is atrocious, their offense really cant hold a candle to ours and they have a backup qb playing ball. Not only do they still win, and more often than we do but they still play good football for the situation.

This is just another thing that proves smitty sucks and without being overly talented to the opposition we wouldn't even be competitive to the jags or the worst of the league..........with our overtalented offense that outmatches much of the league, we still can only pull off 3.6 close nailbiters against winning teams

Smitty is so terrible End of Discussion

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/videos/Gonzalez-Making-Most-of-Every-Snap-Left/af33284b-4844-4234-a30f-bfa2c54682f7

Guest Cally307a

PS come chat, I have taken my prozac and Ritalin today. I am more excitement right now than a smittyball 2 minute drill

Best question yet...................from this interview

John " I guess every year there seems to be some staff turnover and this seems to be a pretty big one. What effect do you think this will have on the team?"

Smitty " again john i dont play the what if game, im not going to play that game, again i do know they have had conversations and im not going to uhhhhh play that uhhh what if this happens what uh if this uh happens i know my focus and dirks focus is on cleaning up the game from yesterday.

Yah hello Dirk is tuning up and laminating his resume. I can't say id blame him. Being on smitty's staff is like receiving free tickets to the maiden voyage of the titanic. Its like test driving the hindenburg.............all that excitement and sooner than later you realize your toast

Edited by Cally307a

I'm not going to right an essay about Mike Smith. I think it's easily summed up by just looking at our 2nd half statistics. There is not a worse 3rd quarter team in football, and it's been that way for awhile now. I think the word 'adjustments' is overrated, but whatever the fck is going on at halftime equates to us looking like a monkey trying to fck a football in the 3rd quarter.

lol