So It Wasn't Jeff Fish That Was The Problem For The 2Nd Half Collapses.

BirdWeisErrr_2

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-release-trainer-jeff-fish/nT4W2/

So exactly why did he get fired last year again? Because someone had to take the blame for the 2nd half blown leads. So he got canned and look what has happened. The same thing goes on and on.....

It's not Fish that was the problem, it's not the coordinators (they've been changed too), it's the common denominator (guess who?).

coac-mike-smith.jpg

This man runs the show. This is the problem boys and girls. This man may have been a good coordinator, may be a good father and husband, but a good HC he is not.

Will Blank and / or Dimitroff allow us to continue to get rid of good football people so we can direct blame away from Mike Smith?

In my opinion Smith is like an orange elephant in a small room. He's the problem. Period.

Jeff Fish, the Falcons director of athletic performance, was released on Tuesday, the team confirmed.

The move is surprising because several players credited Fish with improving their strength, speed and agility.

Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez credited Fish's kettle bell workouts with helping him to continue to play at a high level at age 36.

He also oversaw quarterback Matt Ryan's offseason workouts last season that were credited for his improve strength down the stretch.

Except for the 2009 season, the team has not been beset with a great deal of serious injuries on Fish's watch.

Fish was to a lesser degree a part of the problem.

To a larger extent McClure was old, Dahl was just not that good at RT.

Clabo was aging too.

Combine the two and you have an issue.

Our O Line coach Boo was the scape goat.

Now add in the FACT that TD did not properly manage the players by

bringing in decent players for 6 seasons we have witnessed first hand

the complete and total collaspe of an Offensive line.

That my fellow fiends is the lone fact, and mark my words right here and now.

We are headed for a defensive line meltdown in 2014.

Babbs is aging and he absolutely has to to have his succesor in place or

Nolan will be made the scape goat of this too.

Cheerio's

• 6 months later...

Jeff Fish, the Falcons director of athletic performance, was released on Tuesday, the team confirmed.

The move is surprising because several players credited Fish with improving their strength, speed and agility.

Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez credited Fish's kettle bell workouts with helping him to continue to play at a high level at age 36.

He also oversaw quarterback Matt Ryan's offseason workouts last season that were credited for his improve strength down the stretch.

Except for the 2009 season, the team has not been beset with a great deal of serious injuries on Fish's watch.

bump

Smithy has a 60+ winning %.. A lot of ppl got some humble pie past year( TD, Smitty). I DNT believe he will have the same approach. He admitted to getting content and not taking care of the lil things.. I think we will see a difference, if not then I could see a change

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-release-trainer-jeff-fish/nT4W2/

So exactly why did he get fired last year again? Because someone had to take the blame for the 2nd half blown leads. So he got canned and look what has happened. The same thing goes on and on.....

It's not Fish that was the problem, it's not the coordinators (they've been changed too), it's the common denominator (guess who?).

coac-mike-smith.jpg

This man runs the show. This is the problem boys and girls. This man may have been a good coordinator, may be a good father and husband, but a good HC he is not.

Will Blank and / or Dimitroff allow us to continue to get rid of good football people so we can direct blame away from Mike Smith?

In my opinion Smith is like an orange elephant in a small room. He's the problem. Period.

Winningest coach in franchis history....yeah, he's gotta go ;)

just tryin to help

I've read and heard that Jeff Fish was let go because he was a movement guy instead of a strength guy. We didn't have near the injuuries with Fish as we've had since he left. I feel like Fish was blamed for our 2nd half collapses and therefore was let go because we had to blame somebody right? Well he left, we have more injuries, we still have 2nd half collapses. He obviously wasn't the problem.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Smith deserved another chance, his record speaks for itself. Fish was however fired just as a scapegoat. He was not part of the reason we lost the NFCCG.

I've read and heard that Jeff Fish was let go because he was a movement guy instead of a strength guy. We didn't have near the injuuries with Fish as we've had since he left. I feel like Fish was blamed for our 2nd half collapses and therefore was let go because we had to blame somebody right? Well he left, we have more injuries, we still have 2nd half collapses. He obviously wasn't the problem.

What season was you watching ??

We lost Sam Baker, and 3 other Offensive lineman, Jackson spent most of the year battling injuries, Roddy White didnt get on the field in from until around week 10, Julio Jones lost for the year, and on Defense even worst, Every single starting Linebacker in week 1 down at some point, on the Defensive line Bierman lost for the year, and Im sure Im leaving some injuries out, it was the most boring, injury riddled season I have ever seen , the Falcons could not play a entire football game.......it was horrible.

What season was you watching ??

We lost Sam Baker, and 3 other Offensive lineman, Jackson spent most of the year battling injuries, Roddy White didnt get on the field in from until around week 10, Julio Jones lost for the year, and on Defense even worst, Every single starting Linebacker in week 1 down at some point, on the Defensive line Bierman lost for the year, and Im sure Im leaving some injuries out, it was the most boring, injury riddled season I have ever seen , the Falcons could not play a entire football game.......it was horrible.

Umm, what year are you talking about?