Like A Chick You Know You're Gonna Dump

The problem I have with the Falcons keeping Mike Smith is the way it makes me

feel about the future. I have the uneasy feeling that I know exactly what is going to

happen next year and that next year is going to be Mike Smiths last and Arthur Blank

doesn't have the foresight to see it.

I think the Falcons may be 500 next year or if they're lucky slightly better and not make

it far at all in the playoffs if they make it at all. Mike Smith will be fired and a year will be wasted. I see 2014 as a wasted year if a coaching change isn't made.

It's like dating a woman and not having the balls to dump her yet but you know you're going to eventually.

Come on Man....grow some balls and get a coach with some spunk and some asz kicking mindset

and let's get this team really turned around. I don't think that's gonna happen with Mike Smith.

Don't make 2014 a wasted year where the end result is already known.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith gets one more year, if we don't make it to the SB next year then he is probably gone. It's a total knee jerk reaction to fire after one bad year it happens to the best coaches but I'm pretty sure Blank is not going to let things get out of hand and let our losing go more than 2 years without cleaning out the front office.

Smith gets one more year, if we don't make it to the SB next year then he is probably gone. It's a total knee jerk reaction to fire after one bad year it happens to the best coaches but I'm pretty sure Blank is not going to let things get out of hand and let our losing go more than 2 years without cleaning out the front office.

Do you honestly think Mike Smith is ever going to take this team to the Super Bowl ?

HONEST ?????

Do you honestly think Mike Smith is ever going to take this team to the Super Bowl ?

HONEST ?????

Yea he has the potential to, he has to change some of his ways but you don't fire a coach with one of the best records in the NFL over a single bad season. 2 bad years yeah he is toast.

and honestly it doesn't matter what I think I don't make the decisions on that.

Yea he has the potential to, he has to change some of his ways but you don't fire a coach with one of the best records in the NFL over a single bad season. 2 bad years yeah he is toast.

Well, the thing that upsets me about him is that even when we were winning, we never won games 31-10...it was always 28-24 or something with us barely hangin on to the "W" or winning on a last second field goal. We never seem to develop a killer instinct with him even when we were winning.

Well, the thing that upsets me about him is that even when we were winning, we never won games 31-10...it was always 28-24 or something with us barely hangin on to the "W" or winning on a last second field goal. We never seem to develop a killer instinct with him even when we were winning.

Short memory. Last year scores...

40-24

27-3

30-17

34-0

31-18

I don't get the train of thought saying he just has to change some of his ways. We have seen the same style of play for 6 straight years. And it's nothing but optimism believing that we will go from 3 or 4 wins to the superbowl. I am fan and hope we can make the 6 to 7 key personnel moves and have a complete 180 but the stars will definitely have to align in order for this to happen.

We all don't like some of the things and ways MS and for that matter TD but to fire them after one bad year plus with injuries is not going to happen, why waste so much time. I don't believe it is SB next year or they are gone. I do believe he has to have the team in the final 8. That is why I'm so excited in spite of. Every SUCCESSFUL MAN finds out one day that he is not God. TD and MS have made some obvious mistakes so it is up to them to turn it around. Great Draft, good FA's, smart decisions on Staff and supporting staff and current roster. Built quality depth because injuries will happen. No more WISHING and HOPING everything and every player will be alright. They are forced to go all out to make this right and they have a great opportunity to do that!

First of all, Mike Smith chouldn't be getting any credit for the lucky wins the Falcons have accumulated under him. Half of those wins should not have happened. He is taking this team nowhere fast. It's time for AB to get some balls and show him the door. 17 of the last 20 game have produced nothing in the second half. This is rediculous.

Expect it to be at least two more seasons with Dimitroff and Smith.

Expect a season of adjustment and restructuring.

Expect some improvement next season, but mostly expect to see that Dimitroff and Smith have made a valid attempt to address problem areas.

Expect to see all players, old and new, show better progress in reaching their potential.

Expect Blank to expect all of this.

Expect real progress, or the lack there of, rather than the Falcons' record, to be the deciding factor if Dimitroff and Smith stay.

But do not expect Dimitroff and Smith to be gone exclusively because of the record or a lack of playoff appearance.

First of all, Mike Smith chouldn't be getting any credit for the lucky wins the Falcons have accumulated under him. Half of those wins should not have happened. He is taking this team nowhere fast. It's time for AB to get some balls and show him the door. 17 of the last 20 game have produced nothing in the second half. This is rediculous.

Talk to Blank about it not me, i don't make the decisions on that.

Smith isn't getting fired next season either. If you guys don't like Smith and feel like he doesn't have what it takes you may as well stop being a falcons fan now. He isn't gonna get fired next year or the year after. Smith more then likely will get an extension this off season. The only seasons we haven't been in the playoffs is when we've had injuries to our star players. No way we finish under .500 and miss the playoffs next year.

Everyone has more concerns after this season on whether Smith is the "Superbowl Answer".

But ask if this season truly represents Smith's abilities, and 5 winning seasons and 4 playoff appearances is the aberration, or is this season is the outlier? 1 v. 5 winning and 1 of 4 in playoffs seems hasty to me.

Another season like this and 2v5 and no playoffs is a negative trend does not favor Smith or TD at all.

Just going by memory...seems like a lot of games we had to beat average teams or worse with last second field goals.

Find me a winning team/coach that doesn't win some game close, that should have been blow outs.

To me, the most important trait in a coach is to get us to the playoffs with regularity (which coach Smith does). Once you are there often enough, the Super Bowl appearances will come.

Find me a winning team/coach that doesn't win some game close, that should have been blow outs.

To me, the most important trait in a coach is to get us to the playoffs with regularity (which coach Smith does). Once you are there often enough, the Super Bowl appearances will come.

****, pretty good examples yesterday with the Pats and Ravens. They needed miracles (or refs).

Patriots wins this season Texans losses

23-21 23-20

30-23 16-17

27-24

27-30 24-27

20-24 28-23

31-34 13-6

34-31 34-31

26-27 20-27