60 Percent Of The Time, Matt Ryan Comes Through Everytime

Lifer

Everyone keeps blaming Ryan for the Int, but forget just the play before, Douglas let a perfect pass slide right through his fingers that would have put us 10 yards from field goal range with 15 seconds left on the clock. More than enough time for another play and an attempt at a field goal to win the game. I'm not saying Ryan is innocent and couldn't have played better, but a lot of you guys are blaming him for drops of easy passes. This is a team sport the whole team could have played better.

Don't get me wrong. Im not whining. I just want to win! I want to see my boys win a Superbowl before I kick the bucket. Is that too much to ask? I've stood behind this team for 37 years. Do you know how many jerseys and ball caps you can buy in 37 years! I'm just saying Ryan looks like he's just out there trying hard but if he loses, oh well, there's always next week. Come on!! They owe it to us to leave everything, and I mean everything, out on the field. Enough already!

Everyone keeps blaming Ryan for the Int, but forget just the play before, Douglas let a perfect pass slide right through his fingers that would have put us 10 yards from field goal range with 15 seconds left on the clock. More than enough time for another play and an attempt at a field goal to win the game. I'm not saying Ryan is innocent and couldn't have played better, but a lot of you guys are blaming him for drops of easy passes. This is a team sport the whole team could have played better.

I think that people that harp on the HD drop forget that Ryan only drove down the field ONCE all game

I don't know what you people expect from Matt Ryan. He's a quality QB when surrounded with quality talent. He's the least of the Falcons problems. Is he a top tier QB? Probably not, but he's more than a game manager like Alex Smith or Dalton.

You don't know what people expect from him? Wow. All of the teams money is on the offense. Matt Ryan is the leader of said offense. Said offense didn't score a point in the second half. It's like going to see the same movie every week. You know the plot and the ending.

And said offense is missing key players and playing with a poor offensive line which doesn't help the QB.

What key players? We were 1 and 4 with Julio this season. Matt was winning games before Julio arrived. The o-line did a decent job; they only gave up one sack yesterday. So tired of excuses. Why do people tend to need to provide an explanation for poor play instead having high expectations for success?

What key players? We were 1 and 4 with Julio this season. Matt was winning games before Julio arrived. The o-line did a decent job; they only gave up one sack yesterday. So tired of excuses. Why do people tend to need to provide an explanation for poor play instead having high expectations for success?

decent in the first half, they got destroyed the second half, the one sack is nothing new, that's more thanks to Ryan than the Oline.

All good quaterbacks compensate for O-line play. I fail to see how that contributes to a discussion on leadership.

all the good QBs also have solid built Olines, something they don't have to worry about like Ryan. Why Ryan's leadership should come into question, should be the question, why are you questioning Ryan's leadership, when he is doing what he can to win these games for us, it's really his fault for placing the ball where it needs to be yet the receiver can't complete the catch(tony on 4th down,harry on the corner route, smith on the TD in buffalo gm, etc etc) the reason for a high amount of Ryan's picks this year are due to Ryan trying to make a play. Like a leader does, they try to make plays for their team to win, but he can't do it alone, hence shoupdnt be the only one to blame

all the good QBs also have solid built Olines, something they don't have to worry about like Ryan. Why Ryan's leadership should come into question, should be the question, why are you questioning Ryan's leadership, when he is doing what he can to win these games for us, it's really his fault for placing the ball where it needs to be yet the receiver can't complete the catch(tony on 4th down,harry on the corner route, smith on the TD in buffalo gm, etc etc) the reason for a high amount of Ryan's picks this year are due to Ryan trying to make a play. Like a leader does, they try to make plays for their team to win, but he can't do it alone, hence shoupdnt be the only one to blame

I understand this point and I don't argue this at all. I believe that he is trying. The problem is that he is not succeeding. Is it ok that the team falls apart around the leader yet the leader can be absolved of all responsibiltiy for this occurrence? It doesn't make sense - it contradicts the role of leader if we allow this to happen.

It's just like when Michael Vick was the "so-called" leader back in the day. Remember, how everyone said that it was hard to catch his passes, the o-line sucked, and on and on., but yet he TRIED to. Vick had no clue how to lead a team.

I would like to see Matt Ryan truly evolve to that elite status where he takes a team to that next level. But to do this, he will have to become more demanding of his teammates. If not, then we will continue to mire in mediocrity and continue to blame everything around him.

I dont know why thread after thread, people are so hung up on Matt Ryan's salary? Whatever you think of the guy, that is the market for your franchise QB. If the Falcon's wouldnt have paid him that much, someone else would have. Do you really think his salary is the reason both the OL and DL suck?

I dont know why thread after thread, people are so hung up on Matt Ryan's salary? Whatever you think of the guy, that is the market for your franchise QB. If the Falcon's wouldnt have paid him that much, someone else would have. Do you really think his salary is the reason both the OL and DL suck?

Ok. Take Matt out of the equation and put some bum in at QB. What would be our record?