The Maturation Of A Young Qb.

Rewind

Panther fans we have a chance to see another step in Cam's maturation process. We saw how a truly elite QB like Brees comesback form a disappointing game. Now it's time to see how Cam can rally his team. Pick up their spirit and enhance their play after a crushing defeat. This is what seperates the good QBs from the Great QBs.

What we've seen from Cam already

1. He has carried a very bad team. Most elite QB's are worth 4 wins a season on their own merit no matter what happens around him. Cam has done this.

2. He has shown a next play mentality. He doesn't let the mistakes were on him anymore. He is able to perform later in games if he's had a bad start.

3. He has shown the ability to make game winning drives. The moment isn't to big for him and he has a clutch factor.

4. He is able to make lesser player better then they are. He makes his weapons look better then they are. See Ted Ginn.

5.He hasn learned to handle things off the field. The media press conferences and body language question are non existent now. He is now acting like a leader during the week as he does on Sunday's.

6. He now knows the most important element of QBing. Prepareration. The work leading to a game is just as important as the game. He now puts more work on flim study and game prep then ever.

Now we have another step to see. How he brings his team back from this will show another step in his growth.

Totally disagree with the term maturation in the title.

This is really about the DEVELOPMENT of a young QB.

Development involves coaches, film study, and teammates.... maturation calls for a change in behavior or thought.

Maturation is a perceived state and rarely lends value on field of play.

Development calls for calculated improvement in results that can be controlled. In year 3, targeted development is the goal.

As you correctly pointed out, Cam has already proven his maturity to anyone who looks at his situation objectively.

A bad team? The Panthers are a very talented group. I don't know where you came up with this "very bad team" thing. They are in reality very good. Just not the best.

I was talking about the 2011 Panthers team. Which was a bad team.

I'm

Totally disagree with the term maturation in the title.

This is really about the DEVELOPMENT of a young QB.

Development involves coaches, film study, and teammates.... maturation calls for a change in behavior or thought.

Maturation is a perceived state and rarely lends value on field of play.

Development calls for calculated improvement in results that can be controlled. In year 3, targeted development is the goal.

As you correctly pointed out, Cam has already proven his maturity to anyone who looks at his situation objectively.

Maturation is a simile of development in my opinion. And this is the way I was using it.

Y'all will be fine, last night's loss won't derail his development or the team's. Y'all will roll with what you have now - which is pretty d@mn good and hopefully your GM will add missing pieces.

I'm not panicking. We had to lose sooner then later. All I wanted to do was getting into the playoffs this year. We still are in good position for that.

Panther fans we have a chance to see another step in Cam's maturation process.

he should have been mature by now. You didnt see this kinda post about Ryan a few years after he had been in the NFL.

You dont see people saying that about Russell Wilson.

Cam shouldn't need to mature. LOL at the media for talking about him pouting on the sidelines with a towel over his head.

he should have been mature by now. You didnt see this kinda post about Ryan a few years after he had been in the NFL.

You dont see people saying that about Russell Wilson.

Cam shouldn't need to mature. LOL at the media for talking about him pouting on the sidelines with a towel over his head.

Shut up idiot. Put all three (individual) 1st 2 year stats up and Ryan is last.

Is this the official newton excuse thread for him being exposed as pretty average last night? I see you're trying to convince yourself otherwise, but the defense has been carrying the team, not Cam, and those only became game winning drives when defense shut down, albeit with pass interference, the other teams winning drive,

All QBs make the same post game interview, you compliment the other team, you say stuff like we need to improve on that or play better, they usually call themselves out and say they need to play better and go look at the tape to see where they can make corrections, etc, etc..l..it's all just a dog and pony show with all of them saying the same things.

The fact it took Cam 3 years to figure it out is suddenly some sort of accomplishment!? Wow, what low standards, oh look how mature, he no longer throws temper tantrums anymore. Guess what, 99% of the QBs never threw temper tantrums in their first year to begin with, it's not exactly an accomplishment!

When in doubt, just start hurling personal insults. Good to see this limited success hasn't changed ya.

The panthers is the only positive in his little life, so when they lose and get embarrassed, he has to come back to earth and look at his life and gets really angry. Looks at all the rage in his posts, poor guy, almost feel bad for him,

Is this the official newton excuse thread for him being exposed as pretty average last night? I see you're trying to convince yourself otherwise, but the defense has been carrying the team, not Cam, and those only became game winning drives when defense shut down, albeit with pass interference, the other teams winning drive,

Seriously? I'm not going to read anything else you type. I think you made, what? 2 or 3 visits here last week, when Brees was absolutely dismantled and looked like a child against the Seahawks... but, now, after a big win.. you're here in full force? laugh.png I'm all for reading trash from the other Saint fans because they were here in full force even after that embarrassing loss to the Seahawks and through the week leading upto the panthers game.

When in doubt, just start hurling personal insults. Good to see this limited success hasn't changed ya.

Look past your stupidity and read the post.

Show me the stats for each player their 1st 2 years in the league and see where Ryan stacks up.

Seriously? I'm not going to read anything else you type. I think you made, what? 2 or 3 visits here last week, when Brees was absolutely dismantled and looked like a child against the Seahawks... but, now, after a big win.. you're here in full force? laugh.png I'm all for reading trash from the other Saint fans because they were here in full force even after that embarrassing loss to the Seahawks and through the week leading upto the panthers game.

I told you he was a complete waste of oxygen weeks ago. I told you to ignore him and watch him fade away.