Morstead Apologizes To Ginn

Kevo

This was Morstead's facebook post tonight:

Thomas Morstead 28 minutes ago

Apologies to Ted Ginn Jr for the face mask tonight. I'm not the most experienced tackler.... Need to punt better so I don't have to tackle

Edited by Kevo

Bro... did you watch the play? If Payton saw his players head twist that way, he'd have been on the sidelne begging for an ejection also.

sorry to tell you this, but I have watched every Saints game that Payton has coached in and there have been several times since 2006 where one of our players had their helmet wrenched sideways and not once was Payton in there demanding an ejections.

Bro... did you watch the play? If Payton saw his players head twist that way, he'd have been on the sidelne begging for an ejection also.

Name the last person ejected for a face mask foul or anytime? Edited by UniqueGroup9

Nice that he apologized. Not just saying this because it was my guy, but that was honestly one of the worst facemasks I've seen in a while. Just glad Ginn didn't get hurt (although I'm sure he's definitely feeling it).

Please, I have seen helmets ripped off! You kitty cats are so senitive!!!

I hate facemasks like that. It's painful to watch. I have been saying for awhile now that there should be some sort of way to make these helmets so that the facemasks detach once a certain level of force or torque is reached.Something akin to the principle of velcro, it will stay attached but with enough torque it snaps off. Now this may create an additional set of problems but somebody is gonna get severely hurt one day.

It's better for the helmet to get ripped off than have your ******* head spun completely around while you're running full speed (especially someone as fast as Ginn). That's a good way to get a broken neck.

Its why they dropped the lessor facemask penalty and made all of them 15 yarders. They, rightfully, have a zero tolerance for it.