Big If...would You Consider Mike Zimmer As The Next....

Club212

If we were to fire Smith, then I'd like to bring in an offensive minded HC, who could just leave the defense to Nolan. I truly believe that, with a few more Dline pieces, Nolan can run this defense effectively and with no HC involvement. It's the offense that needs a different outlook. If we change our HC, then fix the lines, and bring in an attacking HC, who will bring in an OC, in that same mold.

Everybody will be back so you gotta get used to it. Koetter is in the top 3 of BSU consideration though. They will start interviewing for the job sometime this week they said. Should have a new head coach here in Boise by December 15th so we can start getting new recruits

If we were to fire Smith, then I'd like to bring in an offensive minded HC, who could just leave the defense to Nolan. I truly believe that, with a few more Dline pieces, Nolan can run this defense effectively and with no HC involvement. It's the offense that needs a different outlook. If we change our HC, then fix the lines, and bring in an attacking HC, who will bring in an OC, in that same mold.

This seems to be the best situation. Get the pieces we need to restore this Falcon defense to at least top-10 status, if not top-5 and let Nolan handle that side of the ball with no interference. Then get an HC who is an offensive-minded guy. He adds an OC that is also a sharp offensive strategist who likes the same style of offense and bust out of this wretched, weak-sauce Smittyball straight jacket and turn loose three or four of the best offensive skill players in the league. This team and this town both sorely need a breath of fresh air and a new start under the leadership of an HC with offensive expertise this time around.

I just really want to see Nolan get a second shot

Nolan is a better DC than an HC, and he knows this. He had 4 seasons in SF, and never had a winning season. He has had multiple DC jobs and has faired much better. He had conflicts with players, and just never traps the whole HC thing. Could he do better if given another chance? Probalby, because you can't do much worse.

He would not be my first or even 10th choice to be a new HC here.

Another week....same old story...big lead...can't close out a team....let em back in...almost blow it...How does any team in the league not know they have a chance after the half against us? Is it conditioning? Maybe thats the results of the only coach "canned" this year...strength/conditioning guru Jeff Fish...If he can go, why do these others get to stay during this misery season?

Guest Negatorris

Atlanta HC? Smitty has gotten that "soft" reputation, with todays "another waisted lead going into halftime" there is no way to shake our reputation in the NFL! A change should be made. Sound off...

I've honestly proposed Zimmer as a possible HC for years. I think an offensive minded guy would be the best fit.