Dynamic Plays On Defence

primetime

Keep hearing that our starting Defence dont make any Dynamic plays on Defence throughout the message boards. Specifically Worrilow and Weatherspoon.

Worrilow looked good again - still needs a fatty up front but 1.5 sacks

Weatherspoon - int return TD

Massaquoi - 1.5 sacks and held the edge well

Moore - still trying to knock heads off and the only guy I trust to stop a rb on the goal line

Btw - SJax showed us a little more of what he can do - even behind our average oline (albeit against a pretty average run defence) - but promising

Edited by primetime

Guest facelessman07

Nolan is making chicken cordon bleu out of pure chicken sh!t. That is when Smitty isn't handcuffing him. Mr. Blank, please promote this man!

Edited by facelessman07

Yea we could have used a boatload more of them in previous games though, not really surprising to have these types of plays on a frozen field.....the REAL hateful chit is that we are dead last in getting off the field on 3rd down, prolly the very worst defensive stat to have beyond points allowed ....sad.png

Until we fix the pass rush we will stay near dead last here. This needs to be addressed in FA and draft - DT and DE. I'm ok with the secondary and lbs right now but would like a vet safety (ala hope) and coverage lb (draft) to push bartu.

My point is I'm ok next season running with worrilow, spoon, Tru, Alford, McClain, Moore, Osi, peters. These guys can get us to a top 10 defence provided we get some quality DL and the offence improves its clock management

Until we fix the pass rush we will stay near dead last here. This needs to be addressed in FA and draft - DT and DE. I'm ok with the secondary and lbs right now but would like a vet safety (ala hope) and coverage lb (draft) to push bartu.

My point is I'm ok next season running with worrilow, spoon, Tru, Alford, McClain, Moore, Osi, peters. These guys can get us to a top 10 defence provided we get some quality DL and the offence improves its clock management

I agree, I mean we had 5 today but on a frozen field, easier to get to that. Mass has been coming on last couple games, we are still so invested in these young DEs we still need at least one of them to pop tall even if we do land Clowney.

I agree, I mean we had 5 today but on a frozen field, easier to get to that. Mass has been coming on last couple games, we are still so invested in these young DEs we still need at least one of them to pop tall even if we do land Clowney.

At best mass or maponga/goodman are the solid RE in the next year or so opposite a quality rush end (Osi or clowney or FA)

If we don't get clowney I can see us chasing an Avril type to partner Osi till hopefully one of the younger DE's steps up. Our lack of third down pressure (compared to what Ryan faces on third down) is woeful right now. I'm amazed our rookie cbs haven't been crucified.